Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Undertakers, (I want to be one!)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

bnt wrote: »
    I've seen all the episodes of Six Feet Under, and even that fictional portrayal of the job had me going "no freaking way". Not simply because of the dead, but because of the living freaks they have to deal with. :eek:

I once went to the home of a young man who drank himself to death. He was watching that show at the time. The box set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

Why are there no women undertakers?

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

delad wrote: »
    recessions would be a boom time for undertakers

Yeah your right, so its win-win for undertakers really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

woodoo wrote: »
    I think it would be a very interesting job. No two days would be the same. The complete opposite of my job where no two days are any different.
    I dunno, from reading this thread I reckon it would be a bit dead for me. I'd prefer to stick to the lighter side of work life - all this talk of death, corpses and burying is making it sound like a dour enough undertaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Ghandee wrote: »
    Right, apart from dealing with death all the time, and possibly some tragic funerals (kids for example)

But when they go wrong, they really go wrong.

http://omg.wthax.org/i070109_2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

PC CDROM wrote: »

Glass ceiling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

I heard something on the news recently about new service in Dublin where families can watch the funeral on line, they are also doing themed funerals. I don't know if I'm allowed post the link or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

PC CDROM wrote: »

Women do become undertakers. A girl in my hometown has worked in the family firm since she left school. She drives an E class, there must be money in the death business.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingMonkey

there must be money in the death business

its a growing industry...and after all they'd be the last to let u down :D

Advertisement