Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so a Taxi driver told me I'm going to hell....

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

ardmacha wrote: »
    One thing about hell, it should have a good supply of taxis.

therefore Dublin=hell :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollypet

you can report him with just a name no bother. do it. He upset you- not ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

1210m5g wrote: »
    I got an illegal cab after leaving a niteclub in London about 5 years ago, he was supposed to be driving me to Hackney but ended up driving toward Gatwick. At one point he asked me did i mind if he smoked, he then produced 2 rocks of crack and a pipe and started smoking crack while driving like a lunatic. He was really trying to get me to smoke it too, god only knows what he was planning on doing to me. I had to jump out of his cab to escape. So count yourself lucky you got away with just a bit of bible bashing, instead of been kidnapped.

you forgot to mention that you met him again, wearing the skin of an old woman as a body suit and pretending to have a heart attack at dublin airport when you saved him, though he had shat himself! and that they were all so grateful for your selfless deed that they could all continue their trips!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Ray Palmer wrote: »
    Got into a taxi and the driver was playing some Christian music. Really terrible and simple lyrics about saving and be good.
    I asked him politely to turn it off making no comment on why. He asked why but I declined a reason so he said without a reason he wouldn't.
    I told him it offended me and my beliefs. He turned it off! There was no way that was the end of it. A few minutes passed and he then questioned how a message of love could offend. I explained I didn't want to offend him and that he wouldn't like the truth. Wrong word to use as he started rabbiting on about "The Truth"
    I got him to pull got out refused to pay and said if he wanted me to pay he had to denounce God as he had expected me to denounce my beliefs.

It would have been alot easier to say you had a headache, no ?

Got a taxi to the airport some time back and the taximan started to tell me how he only once cheated on his wife when some fare he was dropping home - some 20 year old invited him in. Apparently she did this regularly as she just wanted a bit of fun and she found taxi drivers less hassle than drunken randomers woh inevitably caused hassle. She told him she sussed out the taxi drivers on the way home - she had been asking him about himself and by the time she got home had a good idea of whether they would he up for a quick no strings knee-trembler or whether they would be hassle.

He was telling me this delighted with himself.
    I was more than a tad skeptical I must say. Anyhow - probably nothing to do with the thread just thought I would share :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Heroditas

He was grey haired, glasses, very well spoken man.

That guy brought me home last year! We were talking about the economy, unemployment etc and he suddenly started talking about Illuminati etc an how the likes of Cowen were all part of the New World Order.
    Next he said how it had all been predicted in the Bible but that Jesus would save us all. Thankfully I was nearly home at this stage so didn't have to listen to the preaching for too long.
    Just as I was getting out of the taxi, I asked him "how do oh know I'm not one of THEM?"
    He replied "you seem like a nice lad"
    I replied "The beast has many faces... Bye now" smiled and got out of the taxi.
    He looked a bit put out! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

my oul lad told me when he got a cab at the airport he was asked by the driver 'how do you wanna go?'..to which he replied... 'in complete silence'
    Your oul lad sounds like a right ignorant pr**k. ;)
    No offence

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

I usually ignore people not worth listening to and then get on with my life

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

you first mistake was getting out of the cab outside your house

only a fool does that , make em park round a corner or a 100 metres away and watch em leave first.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

Heroditas wrote: »
    That guy brought me home last year! We were talking about the economy, unemployment etc and he suddenly started talking about Illuminati etc an how the likes of Cowen were all part of the New World Order.
    Next he said how it had all been predicted in the Bible but that Jesus would save us all. Thankfully I was nearly home at this stage so didn't have to listen to the preaching for too long.
    Just as I was getting out of the taxi, I asked him "how do oh know I'm not one of THEM?"
    He replied "you seem like a nice lad"
    I replied "The beast has many faces... Bye now" smiled and got out of the taxi.
    He looked a bit put out! :D

I'm pretty sure I know this lad :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

It would have been alot easier to say you had a headache, no ?

Got a taxi to the airport some time back and the taximan started to tell me how he only once cheated on his wife when some fare he was dropping home :P

I got kind of converse but still TMI story,from Taxi driver - 50+ gave me all the details of his messy divorce, cheating,what she looked for financially, left him broke, his new GF, neg appartment and the bitterness. full story. I mean do you want advise? comparison?validation? I didn't know what to say..which made me a good listener I guess:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

1210m5g wrote: »
    I got an illegal cab after leaving a niteclub in London about 5 years ago, he was supposed to be driving me to Hackney but ended up driving toward Gatwick. At one point he asked me did i mind if he smoked, he then produced 2 rocks of crack and a pipe and started smoking crack while driving like a lunatic. He was really trying to get me to smoke it too, god only knows what he was planning on doing to me. I had to jump out of his cab to escape. So count yourself lucky you got away with just a bit of bible bashing, instead of been kidnapped.

Was it the driver from Coronation Street, driving you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

ardmacha wrote: »
    One thing about hell, it should have a good supply of taxis.
    10/10

ROFL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Berlin at night

About an hour ago I hopped into a taxi in St.Stephens Green in Dublin.

About two minutes into my journey the taxi driver starts talking about the budget, that its going to be harsh and how he can't wait for Jesus to come again to sort everything out. I enquired how he knew Jesus was going to come again, he got talking about being born again, really knowing god and what it means to be born again.

He started off by saying that he started questioning God at 15, then 24 years ago he attended a "business mans prayer meeting" and people were talking in tongues, he felt washed over and felt that he had finally found and now knew God. In his story he mentioned thanking God for nature and the trees.

About three minutes before we reached the destination I re-picked up the nature thing and mentioned that I'm not religious but I believe in spirituality and how nature calms.

PS: Gaia, in the most simplest meaning, is wican for nature, mother earth, that sort of thing.

Actually, the more I think about this douchebag, u should have said to him: "DON'T be daft, I worship the gods of rock and roll," lol

"YOU WORSHIP GAIA THE PAGAN GODDESS, YOU ARE GOING TO HELL!"

Now, I don't know who Gaia is and quite frankly I was a bit taken aback. I told him that was ok because I believe in science and fact. He then asked me why I loved Satan and why did I want to go to Hell. I was extremely uncomfortable at this point and threw a tenner at him (didn't wait for my change either!) and asked him to please let me out.

I told him that his views were responsible for more hate in the world than anything a few pagans could come up with and that science will prosper.

The man knows where I live as he remained parked outside for five minutes after I got out. I'm feeling extremely uncomfortable about the whole thing and shocked by his unprofessional behavior! I only have his name will I get anywhere with the regulator if I report this?

Any of ye been in the preacher taxi before?

I'd check that out if I was you, mate - get onto the taxi regulator, and may do no harm to pop into your local police station and tell them he was a religious nut and hung around outside your pad for 5 mins. Just to be safe than sorry. I'm Pagan myself and can't stand these ott religious assholes -- I wish he had been me in that cab as I'd have straightened him out on Paganism being here before a bunch of mad priests high on the old desert juice, threw together quite a fairy tale - almost as good a read as Weave world.

Religion is the cause of most ills in this world - be great to see the back of it. Just my opinion, and unlike these loons, I don't ram my beliefs down their throuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mbuble

I had almost the exact same experience, thought it was the same person until you described him.
    He kept screaming at me to accept Jesus!! He watched me go in to my house too !!! I fear he will return and choke me with his rosary beads.
    I probably should have accepted the cheeses, would have been way cheddar off!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

I got taxi recently with this African fella and on the tape-deck (or whatever it is these days) he was playing a preacher sermon, like one those Southern Baptist bible-thumping "PRAISE JESUS!" type nonsense, it was awful.

Then as I was getting out I noticed he had a whole load of condoms stashed in the side pocket of the door! On the passenger side, cleary visible! Flippin' odd I tell ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭sheikhnguyen

Knowing he was a loon I am amazed that you didn't hop out of the taxi a few streets away from your house!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Maybe I'm getting a bit wary of some of boards posters often negative fascination with people of colour but I'm beginning to think this thread is becoming another excuse to have a pop at said people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Hippies!

It's your own fault for entertaining him in the first place OP. Small confined spaces and religion need to be met with a shut the f*ck up fairly rapidly.

Safe taxi topics for the future include:

Digestive biscuits
    & Interior decorating.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭xxmeabhxx

Very unprofessional of the taxi driver! Going by OP's post, he was the one who first mentioned religion and he really shouldn't have got into a conversation on it with a stranger if he 's not willing to hear views different to his own. My stance on religion is that everyone's views should be respected once they're not harming people or trying to push them onto other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

It wasn't me, I'm in hell at the minute :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Photo added, I hope.

Edit, this photo looked amazing when I took it getting back to hotel this morning, looks fupping sh1te now !!

Advertisement