Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so a Taxi driver told me I'm going to hell....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Send a complaint to the regulator and to the Gardaí. At least he'll have a harder time getting his next licence

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Chucken wrote: »
    Anyone seen "Where To" around this evening?
    What you getting at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

He was grey haired, glasses, very well spoken man.

Was this him ? seen him pushing his taxi in dublin city a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

To which turns to me and shouts....

"YOU WORSHIP GAIA THE PAGAN GODDESS, YOU ARE GOING TO HELL!"

Personally, I think he had you bang to rights there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

What you getting at?

Well, he's a Taxi Driver! Just sayin' ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

He's in Donegal

Driving like a loon, sure they are all mad drivers up there :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Chucken wrote: »
    Well, he's a Taxi Driver! Just sayin' ;)
    Where To has never really struck me as being a godbotherer though. He's more a "also going to hell" type :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

It's a well known fact that 81% of taxi drivers are clairvoyant and 13.7% know Jesus personally (Fun Fact : Jesus was the treasurer of the Jeruselem Taxi Drivers Union unlike that bastárd Judas who was a member of the Jeruselem Union of Taxi drivers).

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭noinc

If he upset you, you should report him but if you see him again do take his taxi and then get his number but don't listen to that rubbish he spouts, sure hell might be a great place and those thinking they are off to heaven are in for a shock anyway.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    He's in Donegal

Driving like a loon, sure they are all mad drivers up there :p
    Pottler wrote: »
    Where To has never really struck me as being a godbotherer though. He's more a "also going to hell" type :D

Sure he might have driven down for the craic!

Chances are at least one fare would be a Boardsie....time for some fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Where To carried me in his cab and accused me of being a glib eejit with nothing worth saying in my head. He also said I was going straight to hell.:D I could live with that, it was the Daniel O'Donnel tape blaring out the whole time that did my head in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,968 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I had almost the opposite experience on a trip to Colorado Springs a few years ago. I had read that it was a very religious town, lots of evangelical churches, and asked the cabbie about that. He started laughing so hard he almost drove off the road, and then got annoyed at all the crap he had been getting about not belonging to a church himself. He had some particularly harsh things to say about a certain local pastor, Ted Haggard. I didn't scrimp on the tip. :pac:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

So he turned round to you and said im going to hell, I think you might of over reacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

I got an illegal cab after leaving a niteclub in London about 5 years ago, he was supposed to be driving me to Hackney but ended up driving toward Gatwick. At one point he asked me did i mind if he smoked, he then produced 2 rocks of crack and a pipe and started smoking crack while driving like a lunatic. He was really trying to get me to smoke it too, god only knows what he was planning on doing to me. I had to jump out of his cab to escape. So count yourself lucky you got away with just a bit of bible bashing, instead of been kidnapped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

ardmacha wrote: »
    One thing about hell, it should have a good supply of taxis.

Hail Satan?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

my oul lad told me when he got a cab at the airport he was asked by the driver 'how do you wanna go?'..to which he replied... 'in complete silence'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

A few years ago getting a taxi from the Fun Parks in Orlando to Orlando city,The taxi man demanded to know what time where going back at and demanded that we get him back to collect us,In them days I had a short fuse and told him in no certain terms the real story,..Feel all smug now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You should have punched him in the head and told him god sent you a message in your Cheerios that morning to punch him.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

realies wrote: »
    A few years ago getting a taxi from the Fun Parks in Orlando to Orlando city,The taxi man demanded to know what time where going back at and demanded that we get him back to collect us,In them days I had a short fuse and told him in no certain terms the real story,..Feel all smug now.
    Did I miss something? What was the real story? I'm a bit slow today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Ive just had a crazy conversation with a taxi driver at my local leisure centre. He explained to me how he accidentally knocked over a passenger while reversing the bus after letting him out. It turned out the guy who was knocked over was ok and the incident was forgotten.
    He went on to explain to me how he would have gotten rid of the body had the guy had actually been killed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

There are a fair few of them out there, evangelical taxi drivers.
    Usually they have someting in the car that will tip you off and the assume all white irish people are at least christian.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I've been in a cab with evangelical & crack smoking drivers here in London. Thankfully, not at the same time.

Everyone's got their addictions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Any of ye been in the preacher taxi before?
    No but I remember once in a London pub back in the 1990's , my girlfriend and I got talking to these two well spoken , middle aged Irish guys who claimed to be Jesuits and I'm not sure how the conversation went but the after life and what happens to you was part of it and after a while we became uncomfortable in these two creeps presence and the shyte they were spewing so we left as quick as we could .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I was getting a taxi with one of the lads a while back, early on a Saturday morning, about 8am.

Twas after a hard night raving, we weren't exactly in the best of shape. We weren't ****ed, just in no real shape to be talking to people.

Somewhere about Angier St. he starts harping on about the church just down the road, and how it does a good Mass, and did we ever go to Mass in it.

When he stopped at DIT, to turn, we chucked a handful of money at him, and hightailed it outta there.

In fairness, he probably got about €20, a bit of chewing gum, a cigarette and a box of matches out of us.

I've never been more uncomfortable in a taxi in all my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

About an hour ago I hopped into a taxi in St.Stephens Green in Dublin.

About two minutes into my journey the taxi driver starts talking about the budget, that its going to be harsh and how he can't wait for Jesus to come again to sort everything out. I enquired how he knew Jesus was going to come again, he got talking about being born again, really knowing god and what it means to be born again.

He started off by saying that he started questioning God at 15, then 24 years ago he attended a "business mans prayer meeting" and people were talking in tongues, he felt washed over and felt that he had finally found and now knew God. In his story he mentioned thanking God for nature and the trees.

About three minutes before we reached the destination I re-picked up the nature thing and mentioned that I'm not religious but I believe in spirituality and how nature calms.

To which turns to me and shouts....

"YOU WORSHIP GAIA THE PAGAN GODDESS, YOU ARE GOING TO HELL!"

Now, I don't know who Gaia is and quite frankly I was a bit taken aback. I told him that was ok because I believe in science and fact. He then asked me why I loved Satan and why did I want to go to Hell. I was extremely uncomfortable at this point and threw a tenner at him (didn't wait for my change either!) and asked him to please let me out.

I told him that his views were responsible for more hate in the world than anything a few pagans could come up with and that science will prosper.

The man knows where I live as he remained parked outside for five minutes after I got out. I'm feeling extremely uncomfortable about the whole thing and shocked by his unprofessional behavior! I only have his name will I get anywhere with the regulator if I report this?

Any of ye been in the preacher taxi before?

no and if he started that noise I would tell him to zip his mouth and concentrate on the driving.

Did I miss something? What was the real story? I'm a bit slow today.

Ok, so its been a few days. I still don't get it :confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I've been in taxis with drivers like that before. Did you get his name?A phone call to the Taxi Regulator's office should sort that sort of crap out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Got into a taxi and the driver was playing some Christian music. Really terrible and simple lyrics about saving and be good.
    I asked him politely to turn it off making no comment on why. He asked why but I declined a reason so he said without a reason he wouldn't.
    I told him it offended me and my beliefs. He turned it off! There was no way that was the end of it. A few minutes passed and he then questioned how a message of love could offend. I explained I didn't want to offend him and that he wouldn't like the truth. Wrong word to use as he started rabbiting on about "The Truth"
    I got him to pull got out refused to pay and said if he wanted me to pay he had to denounce God as he had expected me to denounce my beliefs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eiriu

There is no such thing as hell.

hell is earth going wrong.

It could be so much easier.

Religion kills spitituality- it is man made.

The answer is within all of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

I wouldn't have paid him, sure he'll forgive you!

Advertisement