Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Play Ireland

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,737 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Uriel. wrote: »
    Mine looks a lot better but then I switched my account to UK when buying the Nex10

Thats what the irish one should look like bar movies books magazines and hardware (nexus)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Nolimits

If I remember right a few weeks ago India went from just apps, they then received books and within a few days could order the nexus 7 at least. I wonder how long it will be until we can buy a device.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

listermint wrote: »
    Thats what the irish one should look like bar movies books magazines and hardware (nexus)

It's what mine looks like, although I have a galaxy nexus and nexus 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭niallb

I just got it on my tablet.
    Wasn't expecting it at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

some good prices on the music store, particularly older stuff - Bowie's Ziggy Stardust is €3.99 as is Talking Heads Stop Making Sense (I only really use Spotify these days though...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

msouden wrote: »
    No worries guys, I am, and will continue to crack wise. Always. Here's hoping I can do it to cloud-based tunes someday soon.

I've been doin music for about 2 years, or more, on Google Music....cloud player

on PC and Android!!

no problemo!!

google%20play%20music.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Is anyone else still on the old version of the play store? I downloaded the apk of version 4.0 but it seemed to be missing quite a few of the new features so I uninstalled it. Still haven't got the new version on either my phone (galaxy s3) or nexus 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Is anyone else still on the old version of the play store? I downloaded the apk of version 4.0 but it seemed to be missing quite a few of the new features so I uninstalled it. Still haven't got the new version on either my phone (galaxy s3) or nexus 7.

What features are you missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I've still got the old version of the store, just with music added. Has the new minimalist looking one been officially released yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

You should have 3.10.14 I think.
    That's what my devices are.

I think tho .25 is floating around aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Uriel. wrote: »
    What features are you missing?

The Home screen for both apps and music had large white spaces where the featured apps/albums should have been. I wasn;t sure if that was just how it was supposed to look but judging from any screenshots I saw it didn't look anything like them. I figured i'd get the update soon enough without needing the apk, still waiting :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

The Home screen for both apps and music had large white spaces where the featured apps/albums should have been. I wasn;t sure if that was just how it was supposed to look but judging from any screenshots I saw it didn't look anything like them. I figured i'd get the update soon enough without needing the apk, still waiting :(

I installed the apk. Though I don't think what you are describing is strange. Though I am linked to Play UK so mine looks different (has movies, books etc...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep download the app store app that was floating about but got the same white spaces everywhere and it didn't look good.
    Uninstalled the app then cleared the cache and the over the air updated arrived moments later.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,078 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

When will we be able to get movies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Nolimits

everlast75 wrote: »
    When will we be able to get movies?

You got me excited when I saw this thread bumped :mad:

I'd say keep an eye on I/0, wouldn't surprise me if they announce a whole load of new countries getting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

lertsnim wrote: »
    How do we not have full access?

A lot of apps aren't allowed in our country e.g. mint.com Don't know if this is Google or the companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

jaqian wrote: »
    A lot of apps aren't allowed in our country e.g. mint.com Don't know if this is Google or the companies.

That's the developer choosing to limit their app to certain countries, in Ireland we have full access when it comes to apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Is the official vine app available yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Books have just been made available.

If you go to Google Play, sign out and then sign in you'll see to your left they mention movies, so looks like movies could be coming very soon to the Irish market as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DMS

anyone else having this problem??

i have uploaded tunes to PLay and all is working well, except I cant buy tunes and I cant subscriibe to the All-Access feature...

it offers only the possibilty to enter a UK card, UK address and UK post code.

I even have a UK based card, but I havent a UK billing address so I cant go ahead with it..

i treid putting in my Irish Visa card but it just accepts it all and then lists it as "unapproved payment source" so you cant select it.

Arent you all having this same problem ? no??

cheers d

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

DMS wrote: »
    anyone else having this problem??

i have uploaded tunes to PLay and all is working well, except I cant buy tunes and I cant subscriibe to the All-Access feature...

it offers only the possibilty to enter a UK card, UK address and UK post code.

I even have a UK based card, but I havent a UK billing address so I cant go ahead with it..

i treid putting in my Irish Visa card but it just accepts it all and then lists it as "unapproved payment source" so you cant select it.

Arent you all having this same problem ? no??

cheers d

Have you switched your account to a Uk one or have you sued a proxy to get to the UK play store before ?

I'm signed up to all access. First time with a credit card, now I have carrier billing for all access.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Is there a voucher system for this, or a way of throwing on some credit without having to use your credit card for each purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 worhello

Is there a voucher system for this, or a way of throwing on some credit without having to use your credit card for each purchase?

There is a Gift Card functionality in Google Play, but, as with most halfway useful features, it's "not available in your location". So, you have to use your credit card for each purchase. Hope that helped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Movies now available!

Zen 2nd wrote: »
    Movies now available!

Holy hell your right!

Me a happy camper indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

god's toy wrote: »
    Holy hell your right!

Me a happy camper indeed

Finally, Transformers: Dark of The Moon, a taste of movie perfection, woot! Three, don't fail me now!11

*cough*

• Advertisement

Amalgam wrote: »
    Finally, Transformers: Dark of The Moon, a taste of movie perfection, woot! Three, don't fail me now!11

*cough*

HA!! Was surprised to see it still there when the app loaded up!

As for three... well .. hmm ... say nothing!

Advertisement