Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Play Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

This is great. I was using it already but its good to have it officially.

Anyone notice we don't have a free track of the week like the U.K. version or can I just not find it on the Irish version?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I can access it through the browser but when I try buy anything it says it's not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

Music store available to me and bought a track, seems to be fully live

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cool... just bought an album - it was 50c less than iTunes and it is 320kbps in quality.

One thing people should be aware of is that you can only download an album twice from the library once purchased (but you can listen to it as much as you want via the web or using the app).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

So now that its finally here what are the features of Google play music that I should be getting excited about?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

So now that its finally here what are the features of Google play music that I should be getting excited about?

+1

I can see the attraction of having all your music in the cloud and owning it, but my CD collection is on an old decrepit machine somewhere in the attic so it's too much hassle at the moment to upload it. I'm a fully converted Spotify addict so any album I want to listen to I'll stream or download to a device somewhere (for €9.99 per month with the proviso that once I stop being a subscriber the music goes with the subscription). I've access to any newly released album that I've looked for so the attraction of being able to buy a single album for the same price doesn't appeal to me at the moment.

Having said that some of the album prices aren't bad compared to iTunes the last time I checked their prices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

How do i make this work, I've a few tunes uploaded, but i cant get them on the app on my phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

are you using Google music on the phone. On the menu bar select all music and it should show you what's "in the cloud". You can choose the music and long press to keep on device.
    Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    How do i make this work, I've a few tunes uploaded, but i cant get them on the app on my phone.

It doesnt have that option, its giving me the options for All Music and On device Only. No Cloud options. All music isnt showing me anything different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Nolimits

It doesnt have that option, its giving me the options for All Music and On device Only. No Cloud options. All music isnt showing me anything different.

Have you synced your phone sine you put it on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

all music is cloud and device. Select that and see if the music you are looking for shows up.

Do you have sync enabled? If you do, try some of these possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Nolimits wrote: »
    Have you synced your phone sine you put it on?

This is what you need to do ;) go into settings/accounts and sync your Google account job done. Happens if you have sync turned off in your power widget.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

ThisRegard wrote: »
    +1

I can see the attraction of having all your music in the cloud and owning it, but my CD collection is on an old decrepit machine somewhere in the attic so it's too much hassle at the moment to upload it. I'm a fully converted Spotify addict so any album I want to listen to I'll stream or download to a device somewhere (for €9.99 per month with the proviso that once I stop being a subscriber the music goes with the subscription). I've access to any newly released album that I've looked for so the attraction of being able to buy a single album for the same price doesn't appeal to me at the moment.

Having said that some of the album prices aren't bad compared to iTunes the last time I checked their prices

Same here, Spotifiy suits me now, as my CD collection has just got lost/damaged over time, between moves etc so having access to whatever I want via Spotify makes more sense to me but if I was a few years younger I'd still have a huge CD/Ripped collection and using Google music would have made more sense over Spotify then.

\i needed to set up the sync. Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 msouden

Holy Crap! Okay - quick - before this magic stops... what should I call and ask them for next? A Chromebook pixel, that gmail client for mac they bought a while back... tickets to I/O... what else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Good to see some progress towards a fully functional store. So does this mean we could have movies on it soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Jet Black wrote: »
    Good to see some progress towards a fully functional store. So does this mean we could have movies on it soon?

Movies seems like a big step, I would expect to have magazines/books soon ish though. It's weird that Google are doing all this now, a re designed play store and expanding services seems like the kind of thing they'd announce at I/O with it being so close.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I am accessing through my web browser and I seem to have movies and magazines as well etc... not using vpn (work machine).

Anyone else have this?

EDIT: sorry to dash hopes, forgot I switched my account to UK when buying the Nexus 10 - seems to default to UK even though i login under google.ie...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Some decent prices there but I listen to a lot of music so €120 per year for spotify makes sense.
    When Google release there streaming service I'd happily change over.

• Advertisement

So how does it work then, am i actually uploading all my tunes and storing the data, or am i just letting google know what i have and then them giving me access to their copy of the tune to stream. If i upload as a FLAC file, will i listen to it in the quality? I think i'll be cancelling my spotify account sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

So how does it work then, am i actually uploading all my tunes and storing the data, or am i just letting google know what i have and then them giving me access to their copy of the tune to stream. If i upload as a FLAC file, will i listen to it in the quality? I think i'll be cancelling my spotify account sooner rather than later.

It said before I uploaded that it would match my music but it seems to be uploading everything. It has done nearly 300 songs in about 10 mins but I'm in college atm with mega fast upload speed.

I'm assuming matching would be pretty much instant but I could be way off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

New play store launched today too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

projectgtr wrote: »
    New play store launched today too ;)

Anyone got the new play store yet?

god's toy wrote: »
    Anyone got the new play store yet?

Here you go.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

EGriff wrote: »
    It said before I uploaded that it would match my music but it seems to be uploading everything. It has done nearly 300 songs in about 10 mins but I'm in college atm with mega fast upload speed.

I'm assuming matching would be pretty much instant but I could be way off.
    I was thinking the same!
    It's been uploading for hours (1750 of 4400 tracks).
    There is good broadband where I'm at but like most the upload speed is a fraction of the download so it's a slow process.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So on my nexus 7 the new store home page of the new store has loads of unused space, is that supposed to be that way? (see pic)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

mine looks like that on my phone as well. i think there is supposed to be something there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Make sure you have sync turned on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Mine looks a lot better but then I switched my account to UK when buying the Nex10

Advertisement