Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Philips Powertouch Pro PT920/19 €31.78 was €199.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Loads of stock appearing. 5+ in Tallaght, Drogheda (Extra), Naas etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SMI

Basq wrote: »
    All codes I had expired at close of business today..
    Cheers, nice spread of ones popping up around the country. Got in there in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

If there are any shaver experts on here, would is be worthwhile getting one of these to replace this.( never used it )

Despite what the Argos site says, I don't think the PT715 can be used cordlessly ie mains operation only -- personally I'd need the cordless usage.

(Performance-wise, the PT920 is not bad first time out -- I've previously always used dry foil electric or wet cartridge blade shaving).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

MrAbc wrote: »
    Despite what the Argos site says, I don't think the PT715 can be used cordlessly ie mains operation only -- personally I'd need the cordless usage.

(Performance-wise, the PT920 is not bad first time out -- I've previously always used dry foil electric or wet cartridge blade shaving).

It cant be used cordlessly. That is the main reason i have not used it, if this was the only difference i would leave it. When i use the compare function on the site, the only other difference i see is a popup trimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

SMI wrote: »
    Don't suppose you still have one for Limerick?
    2 available in The Crescent, Limerick now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Nutgrove have a fair few, brilliant stuff, finally got one, collecting tomorrow! Thank you OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

I've a code for Stephen's Green if anyone wants it. Got it and then realised that they were in stock in Nutgrove so it's much easier.

PM me if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SRK123

can i have the code pls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

There are 5+ available in Mahon. Reserved another one for my son and a electric toothbrush which seems pretty good value too http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&productId=368024.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

These things are breeding like rabbits now.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=4436632

• Advertisement

These things are breeding like rabbits now.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=4436632

Heard the government have inserted "Property Tax payment" serum into the blades.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

thanks op - bought this for myself for xmas.

reserved a second for a gift for the father in law.

tempted to reserve a third for spare blades next year!

great bargain alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

not really sure if i like this argos reserve system.

loads of people obviously reserving and then never turning up to buy.

there will be another mad flurry of resevations running out at 9pm tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

In the spirit of sharing info...
    ...In using the PT920 I would regard some pre-shaving oil as essential to avoid neck-rash. Especially while figuring out the best technique with a new shaver. I have coarse stubble and sensitive skin -- think albino-Celt LOL.

For foil shaving I've always found 'Total Shaving Solution' (~€5 in Tesco, etc, for tiny bottle, that lasts ages) to be extremely effective... 2 drops spread only on the palms (not fingers), patted into stubble especially the neck and upper lip. I add an extra drop per extra days beard growth -- just make sure to wash/clean the blades after each shave... will see how this works out with a rotary system soon enough :-)

From opening the oil, to closing aftershave or skin lotion bottle seemed to take about 10mins -- the same as with my foil shaver which used to eventually give a really close finish (going 'with-grain', then 'against-grain', then little circles to finish).
    This PT920 didn't get quite as close yet, but should improve with a few weeks -- eg figuring out which way to swish on the upper lip to get the last bit of cutting done, wasn't ultra-successful yet. It's massively quieter though, the old trusty FF500 was like a lawnmower.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

Code for the Green gone.

I also have one for Dun Laoighre

Apologies, I got greedy :D

not really sure if i like this argos reserve system.

loads of people obviously reserving and then never turning up to buy.

there will be another mad flurry of resevations running out at 9pm tomorrow night.

They should really allow only one or two reservations per email address, and block people if they fail to collect two or three items.

People of course would get around this with a small but of effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Troy McClure

Any codes for Carlow anyone please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

I got it and its crap -after all the hype here in all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

I got it and its crap -after all the hype here in all
    Agree! It's an awful shaver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭mobby

Agree! It's an awful shaver.

Ah in fairness it not bad for €31, but at the end of the day ye cant beat a wet shave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

So may stock appeared again today. At this rate I wonder what will happen to the people who are trying to sell them for a profit on Adverts, ebay etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Code for the Green gone.

I also have one for Dun Laoighre

Apologies, I got greedy :D

can i have it please (for Dun Laoighre) ?
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

it's exempt from the 30 day money back garuntee

Does this mean there is no exchange allowed even if you decide to return it say a couple of days later.

I bought today and seems fine, just curious...and worried by fionnmcool and lemmys comments!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

God damn, first time noticing this and they all appear to be gone again already in all the dublin stores?

Anyone got a code?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

newportlad wrote: »

Does this mean there is no exchange allowed even if you decide to return it say a couple of days later.

I bought today and seems fine, just curious...and worried by fionnmcool and lemmys comments!

No exchange is allowed on this but believe me it's a grand shaver for that price, can't understand why anybody would be complaining about it.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    So may stock appeared again today. At this rate I wonder what will happen to the people who are trying to sell them for a profit on Adverts, ebay etc. :D
    Any chancer trying to shift them on Adverts seems to get exposed.

Just request the receipt. :p

I bought two, make good Christmas presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

newportlad wrote: »

nope got mine today in carlow..ive had a few philips over the years and they are very good shavers..ive had years of use out of my last philips and these seem to be built pretty much the same design..its important to get familiar with the head/foil/cutter mechanism and to keep all clean and unclogged..

Maudi wrote: »
    nope got mine today in carlow..ive had a few philips over the years and they are very good shavers..ive had years of use out of my last philips and these seem to be built pretty much the same design..its important to get familiar with the head/foil/cutter mechanism and to keep all clean and unclogged..
    I pointed out earlier that the cutting heads on these razors are interchangeable with many different models, you are basically paying for the styling as the guts and mechanisms are identical.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Triple-track-shaving-heads-for-HQ81-HQ82-HQ91-or-PT920-HQ-9-50-Philips-/281018081979?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item416dfba2bb#ht_3154wt_952

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

It's appearing as part of Amazon UK's 'Black Friday' borefest @ 4:59pm tomorrow

Curious as to what their discounted offer will be

51hA2%2BWND8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

I pointed out earlier that the cutting heads on these razors are interchangeable with many different models, you are basically paying for the styling as the guts and mechanisms are identical.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Triple-track-shaving-heads-for-HQ81-HQ82-HQ91-or-PT920-HQ-9-50-Philips-/281018081979?pt=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item416dfba2bb#ht_3154wt_952
    i agree but i recently bought the replacement heads here in dublin cant remember exactly how much but around 26/28 euro.

Advertisement