Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the first and latest game you bought?

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

noodler wrote: »
    I do remember buying Street Fighter 2 for the C64 though (pile of crap but I'd no snes....).

I feel your pain.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

noodler wrote: »
    So many games were free with the C64 (ZAPP etc) mags back then so I bought very few.

I got a great free game with Crash magazine many moons ago. A 3D maze game. Only took me 4 days to key it in :) Ah memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,015 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nexus: the Jupiter Incident.

Seems slow to start, but they ease you in to something with an apparently steep learning curve. Still looks good for such an old title: one I've seen on shelves for years and years and never quite got around to, but for $2.50 I was pretty much done putting it off

I also downloaded Planetside 2 recently but thats F2P

The FIRST game I bought? Oh man, I think it's probably Megaman X but I can't remember if I bought that myself or not. I can definitely say I earned Mario 64 with my own lawnmower money. Everything before that would have been hand-me's, loaners, or rentals. Actually the first game I ever bought was Pokemon Red. Saved up some money somehow and took my bike the 5 miles (I just checked this, don't question me or my old-man memory) each-way journey to Wal-Mart to get it. Can't believe I ever did so much cycling as a kid. Just as well, because all I did was play video games for the next week until my eyes felt like they were being stabbed; good ol' monochrome displays and brain-numbing 8-bit music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Last game I bought was Dishonored.

Not sure what the first game I bought was, but it would have been for the Amstrad CPC464.

I used to buy a game every week for £1 from some dodgy Italian lads who ran a strange little electronics shop from a industrial estate in the tallaght area. Half of them didn't load. First one might have been "Though The Trap Door".

First purchase on the Amiga was probably the incredibly frustrating "Jurrasic Park" or the awesome "Uridium 2". I didn't buy many games back then because my second hand Amiga (that I got with my communion money) came with a **** ton of copied games.

First purchase on the Sega Mega drive was probably "Syndicate", which I love to this day and probably influenced my gaming tastes immensely. Or maybe it was "Flashback".

First PC purchase was either "Fade to Black" on a budget label (which I stupidly chose over System Shock), or "Tomb Raider 2".

My parents made me sell/give away each console/computer as I moved to new platforms :(

Still broken up about the loss of my Amstrad and Amiga and hundreds of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

First game I ever bought was Gran Turismo for the PSone, latest game I got was Forza Horizon & very enjoyable it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I remember the first game I bought with my own money. It was Home Alone 2 for the nes, and holy moly what a pile of shíte it was.

I didn't even get to choose the game myself, I gave my long saved money to my older brother and asked him to get me a game. I still remember him laughing his head off as he watched me playing it. The bastard :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Overheal wrote: »
    Nexus: the Jupiter Incident.

Most underrated game ever, period!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

H3llR4iser wrote: »

Surely you mean Advent Rising ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,015 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

H3llR4iser wrote: »
    It is extremely easy to see how there is a Battlestar Galactica mod out in the wild for it, since all the core game mechanics are effectively the exact same as the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

I *think* my first bought game was Gunship by Microprose on the C64. It had this funky template thing that fitted over the keyboard to tell you which button did what. Made me feel like a real pilot! :D

Last game I bought was Crayon Physics for PC. I highly recommend it, its very addictive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Lemongrab

First game? Super Mario Bros on the SNES. Classic.

Last game? Hotline Miami. It was a cheap during the sale and I would recommend it when it's on sale again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh, that's a long time ago. I'm not really sure. It was probably either Civilization 1, Project-X or Carrier command on the Amiga 500. Unless games that came with the computer count, in which case I started off with F18 Interceptor, Ikari Warriors, Beyond The Ice Palace, Battleship and Buggy Boy.

Last game I bought was X-COM: enemy Unknown, but seeing as I get paid at midnight, there's a good chance that'll change :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

First game (with communion money): Military Micro Machines for the Sega. The cartridge had 2 controller ports so used to have my mates over with their controllers playing this top-down madness.

Last game: Eh.......hmmmm AvP i think? Bought it for €7 during steam summer sale. Between playing LoL and BF3 i don't really need anymore games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Praetorian

First was possibly doom 2 on floppies with my own money.

Most recent was metal gear solid HD for my PS VITA.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

First game I think I actually bought for myself with my own money...I *think* Vanguard for the Atari 2600.

Last game was Black Ops 2 on the Xbox 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

First game I ever bought was Metroid II: Return of Samus on the Game Boy.
    Great game, still have it, somewhere.

Last game I bought was Alice: Madness Returns on xbox 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

FIrst game I bought was Project: Stealth Fighter for the C64. A lot of tape swapping, 2 double sided maps large manual and keyboard overlay.

Most recent was Torchlight II in the recent Steam sale.

Advertisement