Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the first and latest game you bought?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭alanmc

Ikari Warriors on the C64. Loved that game.

Latest purchase was Dishono(u)red.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

First game for the C64 was...I actually bought three games on the same day, Choplifter, Booty and Pitfall II.

Latest game on PS3 was Uncharted 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

First game I ever remember being bought for me was Roller Kong on my C16. The latest game I purchased was Ghost Recon Future Soilder.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

the first game I bought wasn't a game but a Pong clone machine for £18 off my mate

109549d1234817250-get-your-retro-finds-out-lads-sp_a0034.jpg

and I see someone has one for sale on Adverts hmmm!
    http://computermuseum.50megs.com/images/collection/grandstand-adman2000.jpg

But the first proper game I bought myself was International Karate on Spectrum 48k for about £8 or £9 and was the precursor to IK+, it was terrible as you just needed to learn one move to win the game
    InternationalKarate.gif

the latest game I bought was the Prototype Collection

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Blitz on the Vic 20
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi4prSNuFaQ

And the last Game I bought was DCS Black Shark 2
    Last game I acquired is the fantastic Heroes and Generals which is in Beta at the moment go google it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

First game bought for me - Tetris on GameBoy
    First game I bought myself - Command & Conquer on PC
    Latest game I bought - Halo 4 on 360

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

First (that I can remember): Harrier Attack

Latest: Hotline Miami

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Skerries wrote: »
    But the first proper game I bought myself was International Karate on Spectrum 48k for about £8 or £9 and was the precursor to IK+, it was terrible as you just needed to learn one move to win the game
    InternationalKarate.gif

This one:

karate_story.jpg

?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

First game a bought myself was Mario64, bundled with the Nintendo 64 that I bought with my communion money, it was pretty much the only game I had for it, great machine though, wish I still had it.

Most recent: portal 2 and L.A Noire, finished both already but traded them in and decided to buy them back. Latest new game was sleeping dogs, hoping to pick up hitman next week though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Sonic 2
    Resy 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

It has been mentioned a couple of times already, Turrican for the C64 was the first game I bought.

The latest game I bought was Assassin's Creed III for the PS3.

Both are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Blitz on the Vic 20
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi4prSNuFaQ

And the last Game I bought was DCS Black Shark 2
    Last game I acquired is the fantastic Heroes and Generals which is in Beta at the moment go google it :D

Loved this game. One of the first video games I ever played, probably back in 83.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

ants(ZX spectrum)..............Halo 4

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Wobbuffet

My first game was Sonic 1 on the Master System but I won both the game and console in a competition so the first game I bought was Olympic Gold on the Master System.

My most recent purchase was Quantum Conundrum on XBLA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

First console I had was an old Atari 2600. A local shop used to stock the games for it and back in the late 80's early 90's I think they were about a fiver each!
    Hard to say what it was. Possibly Kung Fu Master.

Latest would have been Dead Rising 2 in the Steam sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

First I bought with my own money was this:
    570238_91728_front.jpg

Last was this:
    Forza-Horizon-Box-Art.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Flimbos quest on the C64, latest is hitman absolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

First was the original Colin McRae rally and the last was the new WRC 3 . Somethings never change eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

I think the first game I actually bought myself was Sonic 2 for the mega drive, the most recent was Assassin's creed 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

First ever was Close Combat : A bridge Too Far , spent an ungodly amount of time playing it as a kid
    Latest one was AC 3 , just going to finish it this week and trade it in for Far Cry 3 , was going to buy Hitman , but it looks ****e as its so unlike the previous games
    Can't wait for Far Cry though looks amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Pitfall on Atari 2600

NFS MW for PC yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

1st game: Super Mario Land for the Gameboy
    Last Game: X-com

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

First I bought myself was Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade on PC (IBM PS/1 80386).
    Last was BLOPS 2.

Last Crusade is a better game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

The earliest game I can remember buying is Micro Machines 2 Turbo Tournament on the Megadrive, bought Bayonetta for the 360 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

first with my own money was "super mario all stars" (having played all the others that my brothers bought).

last was a "mark of the ninja"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Finally remembered the first game I bought: Ikari Warriors for Atari 2600 (damn hard game!)

Last game was Sleeping Dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

First for me was Total annihilation on pc all those years ago, loved the game and the idea of downloading different unit types was brill.

Lastest purchase will get no where near the playtime like the above game, got Resident evil operation racoon city

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

The first game that I purchased was MDK 2 although the Prince of Persia would have been the PC version of The Prince of Persia. I have fond memories of both, also button mashing was never really an option with the Prince of Persia. :D The latest purchase would have been Hitman Absolution which i'm enjoying immensely although very different to its predecessors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

First game I bought for myself out of my own monies was I think, Sensible world of soccer for the Amiga!

I've just pre-ordered Persona 4 golden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,336 ✭✭✭✭noodler

God I got Terminator 2 with my Commodore 64 but I don't know if that counts.

So many games were free with the C64 (ZAPP etc) mags back then so I bought very few. I do remember buying Street Fighter 2 for the C64 though (pile of crap but I'd no snes....).

Latest would be probably still be ME3 (got a backlog).

Advertisement