Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was the first and latest game you bought?

Options
  • 13-11-2012 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭

Okay, no explanation needed here.

back in 1998 my family got out first pc (Windows '95) and after loads of pleading, i was finally allowed to get games for it. I promptly went out and got,

Toxic Bunny & Oddballz

A few weeks ago, I bought Alan Wake: Collectors Edition.

So, what about everybody else?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Manic Miner
    Call of Duty 3.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

first was worms on floppy

i remember being all excited about the promise of cool 3d videos only to find when I got home they were on the CD version

latest was...I dunno probably anno 2070. which i still havent managed to get working. **** you uplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

If presents count Super Mario Bros, if not Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (my god that game could be annoying)

Most recent was Halo 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

First was a double pack of Wing Commander and Chuck Yeager's Air Combat.

Last was Borderlands 2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,971 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

First game I bought with my own money was probably Creatures on the C64.

Last game I bought was eh.. Zenith on the philips CDi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think the first game I ever bought (as opposed to those which I got with the consoles or as presents) was actually probably Grand Theft Auto 1. I'd played it in my cousin's house so when I got a Playstation 1 (got Crash Bandicoot with it), I'd saved up to get GTA1 as well.

Latest game I bought was Assassin's Creed 3.

And actually, as much as I do like Assassin's Creed 3, GTA1 was better

• Registered Users Posts: 28,884 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

First game bought myself, I couldn't tell you. But first in the house would've been the 6 that came with the Spectrum 128K: Crazy Golf, Punchy, Disco Dan, Treasure Isalnd and 2 others...google says Alien Destroyer and Oh Mummy(How could I forget Oh Mummy)

Latest physical copy was Vanquish, I think and more recently got the Prototype collection digitally

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

First, was Turrican on cassette for the C-64
    latest, XCOM:EU for the pc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

After years of sponging off older brothers or waiting for Christmas/Birthday, the first game I actually bought for myself was a job lot of Spectrum games that came with my Speccy 128k + I got second hand. Head Over Heels and Football Manager were amongst those, so not bad.

Latest I bought was Ratchet and Clank, All 4 one. Not a patch on most of the others in the series imo but my young lad likes playing it with me so that's a positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

First was Total Recall on the Amstrad.

Latest was the Android Humble Bundle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

First game I bought for myself out of my own money was Croc 2 for PS1. KERSPLASH!

Latest was Halo 4 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

First game that I bought was Mario 3 for the NES, and latest was Halo 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

first one i bought from my own money was a box with Double Dragon, Barbarian 2, Operation Wolf and ..I think Ghostbusters on the Amstrad cpc464.

edit: ha holy crap i fond it on google: 245153589_tp.jpg

it wasnt double draogn is was bad dudes vs dragon ninja, still though. nostalgia!

'right kids, games used to come on tapes, what are tapes? they were around before cd's...what do you mean you dont know what a cd is either?

last was Blops 2, before that AC3

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

First, was Turrican on cassette for the C-64
    latest, XCOM:EU for the pc

Me too on both counts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

First I bought with my own money? Super Mario Kart.
    Last one? Hotline Miami.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I think the first, with my own cash, was either Time Lord on the NES or Faxanadu on the NES also. I also remember getting Wario Land on the Game Boy.

Latest, wow, not much really. It was the latest Humble Bundle. I've been back in college the last few months so haven't had time to play anything. I made a long list of things I've missed that I will get to but it's fairly sizable at the moment. Chances are the next one will be Assassins Creed 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Y's The Vanished Omens on the Sega Master System

Y's 7 for the Vita!!

I kid you not! Ok well I got the Master System second hand with a few games, Y's being one of them (Altered Beast, Shinobi and Hang On were the others)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Then: Starquake for the ZX Spectrum
    Now: Football Manager 2013 for PC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

Then: Cassette games for my Spectrum 48k, I think arcade style games.

Now: Gods and Kings expansion pack for Civilization V. It counts, because now Civ V feels like a fully fleshed out game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Shiminay wrote: »
    Me too on both counts :D

lol did ye buy Turrican in clerys, peats or virgin megastore?

Used to love going into virgin to look at all the awesome games they had, shame they closed down way back then :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I don't remember the first game I got, I was about 5. :pac: It might have been a Rugrats game, on my dad's PS1. Not really sure.

The last one was Bayonetta, which I picked up second-hand for a fiver. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

lol did ye buy Turrican in clerys, peats or virgin megastore?

Used to love going into virgin to look at all the awesome games they had, shame they closed down way back then :/

Virgin Megastore was a top teenage haunt of mine too. You needed to shop around in Dublin in those days as not all shops had the same games. I couldn't find Golden Axe for the Megadrive anywhere in Dublin at the time and after checking the usual spots I found in Roches of all places! It was back then that I began getting mail order games from England as you couldn't rely on the Irish shops to have them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Hercule

First: god of thunder : (IBM 286 PC)
    Last: Hotline Miami AND LOVING IT

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

First: BMX Simulator on floppy disk for the Commodore 64 (stupid floppy disk peripheral!)
    Last: Trine 2: Goblin Menace expansion a few days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

The first game I bought myself was Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 on the Game Boy. I played it to death.

My most recent purchase was Assassin's Creed 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Age of empires

Euro truck simulator 2 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Crystal Castles - Atari 2600
    Black Ops 2 - PC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

First....hrm, could have been a game for the original Atari but dunno if we ever got any extra games other than what we got with it. But do remember going with my mother to buy our Amstrad (CPC 464+ :D ) and had to choose 2 games so got a Sports compilation and an Adventure compilation that had Dizzy on it, the rest of them elude me. So Dizzy on the Amstrad.

Latest is probably Asura's Wrath on the 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

First game i got with my own money i think may have been Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland for the Nes which was the first game i ever finished. Last one i bought was Football Manager 2013.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

Daley Thomsons Decathlon (ZX Spectrum+ 48K) which resulted in numerous Kempston joysticks being returned under warranty to Dixons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPcdDovVHtk

Fifa 13 PC

Advertisement