Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lidl Car Stuff - Monday 19th November

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Any truth in what I heard about snow chains.Your insurance won't pay out because your car id modified?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Universal Silicone Oil - I put that **** on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Better get off to bed if im gonna be in early for this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

dave1982 wrote: »
    Any truth in what I heard about snow chains.Your insurance won't pay out because your car id modified?
    Who told you that - someone trying to sell you winter tyres? :)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

See the likes of that half size car cover, would the glass of the car still freeze under that?

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-2AA4037F-DCA3993B/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_26225.htm

• Advertisement

See the likes of that half size car cover, would the glass of the car still freeze under that?

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/SID-2AA4037F-DCA3993B/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_26225.htm
    I'd say if the glass was dry when you put the cover on it should stay clear. I use a nylon windscreen-only cover and it does the trick.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

Anyone know if the wipers are any good?

stacexD wrote: »
    Probably good value if you need wipers. Not as good as the curved sets (no metal frame) they sell sometimes - those sets cost €15 and are excellent. If you need a set of wipers, you can't go wrong for a fiver.

If I needed a set now, I would buy them...

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Just back from lidl thought I'd pick up some of the stuff listed. I got way ahead of myself and bought loads of stuff the bag is full to the neck I got the set of sponges, dash wipes, 2 air freshener sets, silicon oil, set of replacement bulbs, 2 glass cleaner, cockpit shine, bumper spray, tub of wax and 2 bottles of polish. All for 28 euro. Still I only went in for one thing. But the stuff is good value and you really can't go wrong at the prices they charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Bpmull wrote: »
    Just back from lidl thought I'd pick up some of the stuff listed. I got way ahead of myself and bought loads of stuff the bag is full to the neck I got the set of sponges, dash wipes, 2 air freshener sets, silicon oil, set of replacement bulbs, 2 glass cleaner, cockpit shine, bumper spray, tub of wax and 2 bottles of polish. All for 28 euro. Still I only went in for one thing. But the stuff is good value and you really can't go wrong at the prices they charge.

You're the guy they're looking for lol :D Hope you remembered what you went in to shop for :p
    Only joking yeah good value...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

shawnee wrote: »
    You're the guy they're looking for lol :D Hope you remembered what you went in to shop for :p
    Only joking yeah good value...

I know I suppose best to stock up on the stuff while its cheap. If I went halfords for the stuff I'd imagine there would be some difference in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have been waiting for their handcleaner in the little metal tub to come out again. Its great stuff, made from woodflour and it works well. Unlike the yellow Stanley gel stuff that Aldi sold a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

stacexD wrote: »

Yes, I have a set of them on the car now. A lot better than the rather new trico ****e that i had, have to bring them back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

A 3 tonne jack for €12.99, thats serious value!

I wouldn't be found dead under it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

What size snow chains would fix an Nissan X-Trial anyone know?
    Won't be able to get over to a Lidl until later today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

deandean wrote: »

what a bullsh!t post :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Given that you are only supposed to use a jack as a lifting device not as a support then you are right.
    Thats why there is axles stands as well as jacks for sale.
    But if you are implying that a hydraulic jack is no safer than the POS screw type that come stock with most cars then you'd be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

don't buy all the axel stands lads, I need to buy 2 pairs but am working till 10 tonight ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

MidlandsM wrote: »
    what a bullsh!t post :rolleyes:

http://www.caravanchat.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=1145
    "I bought a pair of Lidl's bottle jacks, which were on the same time as the axle stands. They were £17.99 and I bought them for making it easy to raise the van to take it off the wheels and put it on axle stands. Unfortunately, after only 2 weeks one of them failed while I was jacking up. Good job I was not under it. Got to take it back and left with an odd one now as they have no more".

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I just wouldn't trust my car to a 3 tonne jack for €12.99, you get what you pay for.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

"I bought a pair of Lidl's bottle jacks, which were on the same time as the axle stands. They were £17.99 and I bought them for making it easy to raise the van to take it off the wheels and put it on axle stands. Unfortunately, after only 2 weeks one of them failed while I was jacking up. Good job I was not under it. Got to take it back and left with an odd one now as they have no more".

Jacks are for jacking, you are not meant to be under any car/vehicle supported by any jack....not just these. Many have died making this mistake, that what good axle stand are for.

• Advertisement

Went in today with €62.95 in my pocket and left with

Interior car wipes 1.49
    Car glass wipes 1.49
    Glass cleaner spray1.49
    Rust proctedtor spray 1.49
    Upholstery cleaner spray1.29
    Engine cleaner spray 1.69
    Silicone spray 1.49
    dash cleaner spray 1.29
    carnuba wax 3.99
    car polish 2.49
    windscreen protector x2 5.98
    first aid kit 9.99
    strap set 9.99
    set of axle stands 11.99
    +€7 or so of grocery stuff

Was left with 42c change as i chanced the first aid kit even though i wasn't sure i had enough cash on me and didn't want to go into town to the ATM

Even had enough money to pick up 3 cd's and a set of new locknuts, good haul tbh. :pac:

Also Calvin Harris new album is awesome :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 298 ✭✭Tony Soprano.

Would there be stuff left tomorrow? It says offers from 19th, but doesn't say until when.

I went into Lidl in tuam around 10am as even though i was on a day off the boxador needed a long walk so he wouldn't eat the house but was alot left, depends where you are tbh.

The spray and cleaning stuff is very well priced tbh, wouldn't bother with the bottle jack though will buy a proper one with 2 good axle stands will just use the lidl ones if i need 4 wheels off the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭daaaycent boy

bought the lot for the craic....daaaycent boy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

They changed the picture after I posted that, it was a proper 3 tonne trolley jack originally.

They changed the picture after I posted that, it was a proper 3 tonne trolley jack originally.

yup

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Went in today with €62.95 in my pocket and left with

Interior car wipes 1.49
    Car glass wipes 1.49
    Glass cleaner spray1.49
    Rust proctedtor spray 1.49
    Upholstery cleaner spray1.29
    Engine cleaner spray 1.69
    Silicone spray 1.49
    dash cleaner spray 1.29
    carnuba wax 3.99
    car polish 2.49
    windscreen protector x2 5.98
    first aid kit 9.99
    strap set 9.99
    set of axle stands 11.99
    +€7 or so of grocery stuff

Was left with 42c change as i chanced the first aid kit even though i wasn't sure i had enough cash on me and didn't want to go into town to the ATM

Even had enough money to pick up 3 cd's and a set of new locknuts, good haul tbh. :pac:

Also Calvin Harris new album is awesome :)

Is the oil any good? it seems far too cheap?

I got the stereo after a kind member of staff helped me out.

@ Tony Soprano there was a massive amount of stuff in my local Lidl at 8 o'clock tonight, where are you based?

I didn't buy the oil, don't need any for the near future tbh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I didn't buy the oil, don't need any for the near future tbh

Read back on the thread :o

reviews look good will pick up a couple :)

Going to have a good gander at the rest of the stuff tomorrow, was in a rush today :)

Need a decent glass cleaner, dash cleaner etc.

• Advertisement

What size snow chains would fix an Nissan X-Trial anyone know?
    All you to know is your tyre size - it will say on the box which size it fits.

Not your ornery onager

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement