Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Yep Suzie you can print it off or on the welfare website there's a function where you can request one be posted to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Thanks ladies :DThats much handier! I'm with my gp next week so I want to get it all filled out and sorted so I can just forget about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Hi all, haven't posted here in a while. I hope everyone is doing well :). I was out at the Pregnancy and Baby Fair in the RDS yesterday. I picked up some great bargains and felt so broody looking at all the beautiful babies. I saw an amazing offer from Baby Elegance. They were offering a complete new arrivals package for 999e. The package includes everything you'd need from the pram, carry cot, foot muff, cot, cot top changer, Moses basket, high chair and all the other little bits and bobs. I thought it was the best value deal I've seen on baby products so far. Unfortunately I already have a pram and Moses basket so wouldn't make any sense for me to get it. It's worth looking at anyway if you need everything from scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

26 weeks today, 14 to go, Her kicks are getting stronger, feel them right down in my pelvic area and sometimes they hit my nerves!! I was singing "moove baby" on saturday and she did a few little kicks!!Have a hospital app in a few weeks so might get to see her again! It's getting so close!

I'm really starting to feel pregnant now! I noticed I was waddling walking the dogs the other night when I got tired and I had to rush home to go to the loo :) my ankles are starting to swell now too. Hopefully we'll get some nice weather soon so I can wear flip flops! My friend had a little baby girl last night though and has not stopped gushing about how amazing it feels so I know it will all be worth it in the end!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I'm really starting to feel pregnant now! I noticed I was waddling walking the dogs the other night when I got tired and I had to rush home to go to the loo :) my ankles are starting to swell now too. Hopefully we'll get some nice weather soon so I can wear flip flops! My friend had a little baby girl last night though and has not stopped gushing about how amazing it feels so I know it will all be worth it in the end!!

I notice when I am not pushing the buggy I waddle, so I tend to push the buggy when I can :D I can't wait for better weather, I haven't bought many heavy maternity clothes and though I hate dresses, I planned to get a few maxi style for the summer for convenience, so the warm weather better hurry up!!!

It is worth it, the sleep disrupted nights are well worth it when they do little things like hold their heads up themselves for the first time, or smile at you, my goodness you melt at their smiles, trust me :D Big gummy beaming smiles, even at 4am when you feel like you are fit to kill, poof, gone, and you're smiling with them!

Thanks for that Wolfpawnat! People only seem to tell you horror stories when they find out your pregnant. I hate if I mention I went out for dinner or slept in late , there always seems to be someone who can't wait to jump in with "you can kiss good bye to that once the baby comes"?? Is anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks for that Wolfpawnat! People only seem to tell you horror stories when they find out your pregnant. I hate if I mention I went out for dinner or slept in late , there always seems to be someone who can't wait to jump in with "you can kiss good bye to that once the baby comes"?? Is anyone else experiencing this?

This is my no2. Life changes, there is no denying that. No such thing as just dropping what your doing to do what you want, but life doesn't actually stop, meals out do occur, though if you may need to ask for a baby bowl too, or get a babysitter. I have only been to concerts ever since my son was born, one a year. Sleep ins are less frequent, but not non-existent. Children can be trained to go into routines or create one of their own fairly quickly. Adapt around it and you can still have movie time, or just relax in front of the tv in general, and have a peaceful enough dinner.

I got that talk of my SIL, she has neither chick nor child and I was freaking out but now I see she didn't have a clue! She still tells me I have no life, I don't have hers where I can run off and not have to worry about anything, but I am more than happy, and even at 3am when I feel two little knees against my back because some wants to be a "huggle-bunny" I would see myself as happier than her!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭vanna

I haven't been on for a while. I hope everyone is doing well. I've been in and out of hospital over the last few weeks with lower abdominal pain. They finally figured out that I had a kidney infection. Thankfully my cultures came back clear this morning so I got to come home. :-)
    The baby is doing very well, lots of jumping around in there! Time seems to have slowed down somewhat, hopefully the days will start flying by again. I'm so excited to meet our little boy. :-)
    Have a great weekend everyone. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 niamhholly

Hi everyone :-) i hope im doing this right. Im due the forth of july and have gestational diabetes. I have to go on insulin tomorrow and im having my baby in holles street. Does anyone have any stories of having gd and delivering in holles street? What are the chances ill be induced? Or having a c section? Im terrified of being pregnant too long and harming my baby girl. I read that the placenta goes bad or something. Im so worried!!

• Advertisement

How's everyone doing? six months today, three months left, it seems like forever but i know it will fly in. I'm getting paid this week so i'm going to go and buy the going home outfit. I can't wait :) had a bit of a scare as some of you may saw in the moan thread, but everything thankfully seems ok at the minute. got reassurance from the nurse you've to count 10 movements in 10-12 hours, not in one hour which is what i had been doing. Was reading in the June thread and one woman is down to 9 weeks. How scary is that!? I've 13 to go myself, but I know once july hits it'll be countdown! Getting scared and excited!! Hope everyone is doing well! Only two more months until it's our month!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭xalot

hope everyone is doing well, cant believe how fast time is going by. Got a 3d/4d scan done at the weekend, was such an amazing experience seeing our little babs in such detail. Would highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

9 weeks 2 days:eek::confused::D

I was out and about all day today, it is starting to get harder now with a big belly, hard to believe it is only 12/13 weeks left for me! Back in December it felt a million years away! I better get my act together and start organising the baby gear!!!!

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    9 weeks 2 days:eek::confused::D

What date are you due? Its just under 12 weeks for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Morning ladies!

Hope everyone is well. 11 weeks to go!! :D Only 9 weeks left in work :eek: Time is flying!

Hows everyone feeling? Fatigue has come back with a vengeance for me! :( I can get through the working day no problem but once I leave the office, it hits me like a ton of bricks! :(

Off to buy the buggy & cot, etc. this weekend :D Have been picking up some clothes every week - its so weird having them in the house! So real!

JD24 wrote: »
    Morning ladies!

Hope everyone is well. 11 weeks to go!! :D Only 9 weeks left in work :eek: Time is flying!

Hows everyone feeling? Fatigue has come back with a vengeance for me! :( I can get through the working day no problem but once I leave the office, it hits me like a ton of bricks! :(

Off to buy the buggy & cot, etc. this weekend :D Have been picking up some clothes every week - its so weird having them in the house! So real!

What date are you due? :)
    at the end of this week, it will be 11 weeks til my due date (10 til my original!!) and 9 weeks left in work for me too. Have you got your maternity forms sorted out? It feels a bit daunting to me but it probably wont be once i actually get started.

I have fatigue too, I am low in iron so taking supplements but sometimes it is still horrendous! Last night whatever way she was lying, her bum/back/leg/something was properly sticking out. It gave me a heart attack, i felt like i was actually touching her. I woke up at 2am and it was sticking out again, but in a different place. it was insane to feel it! Bad thing though was i couldn't get back to sleep until about 6am then i woke up late for work :( then as i was rushing in, my stomach seized and i had to slow down making me even later :( oh well!

:D:)
    loubian wrote: »
    What date are you due? :)
    at the end of this week, it will be 11 weeks til my due date (10 til my original!!) and 9 weeks left in work for me too. Have you got your maternity forms sorted out? It feels a bit daunting to me but it probably wont be once i actually get started.

I have fatigue too, I am low in iron so taking supplements but sometimes it is still horrendous! Last night whatever way she was lying, her bum/back/leg/something was properly sticking out. It gave me a heart attack, i felt like i was actually touching her. I woke up at 2am and it was sticking out again, but in a different place. it was insane to feel it! Bad thing though was i couldn't get back to sleep until about 6am then i woke up late for work :( then as i was rushing in, my stomach seized and i had to slow down making me even later :( oh well!

Hi Loubian,

Im due on 17th July :D Sounds like theres not much between us! Whats your date? I havnt got the maternity forms sorted yet but will be looking into it the next week or so, think you have to have the form in 6 weeks before you are due to finish. Work are currently trying to find my replacement and its really hitting me now! :rolleyes:

Had bloods done on my last appointment with midwife to check irons but I havnt heard back so assuming all is good! Im taking supplements anyway so hopefully that will be enough :)

Yeah, movements are definitely more intense and stronger now. Baby is breech at the moment so Im constantly seeing the head moving here and there :eek::)

Sleep isnt too bad for me, I find it hard getting comfortable but once I am, Im out for the count! Think thats down to the fatigue though!!

Ive learned now that its just not worth rushing for anything! If im gonna be late, then im gonna be late. Ive often had to run for trains but now I just stroll at a leisurely pace :D

Eek, I am 28 weeks tomorrow. I also have my appointment that they are going to discuss my options regarding the low placenta so if it is still low (I'll know on week 34) I will only have 11 weeks left. If they decide it is alright, I will have 12. Is it wrong for me to really hope for only 11.

I have nothing done!!! All the baby gear is in nana's down the country so I need to get my butt in gear and get it all up. When I see all the baby clothes I am going to be conflicted with excitement and fear. Not of the birth or anything, just that there is going to be another little one dependent on me!

:D:)

Hi Loubian,

Im due on 17th July :D Sounds like theres not much between us! Whats your date? I havnt got the maternity forms sorted yet but will be looking into it the next week or so, think you have to have the form in 6 weeks before you are due to finish. Work are currently trying to find my replacement and its really hitting me now! :rolleyes:

Had bloods done on my last appointment with midwife to check irons but I havnt heard back so assuming all is good! Im taking supplements anyway so hopefully that will be enough :)

Yeah, movements are definitely more intense and stronger now. Baby is breech at the moment so Im constantly seeing the head moving here and there :eek::)

Sleep isnt too bad for me, I find it hard getting comfortable but once I am, Im out for the count! Think thats down to the fatigue though!!

Ive learned now that its just not worth rushing for anything! If im gonna be late, then im gonna be late. Ive often had to run for trains but now I just stroll at a leisurely pace :D

I'm due 22nd July although i am trying to get it in to my head i could go two weeks over. I was a week late, my brother was ten days and my cousins were two weeks late. I know it might not mean anything but it's better to be thinking that way then to think i'm going to do early!!
    Yeah, i'm going to sit down tonight and get the forms filled out if i can. They're also trying to find my replacement in work too, my brother is actually applying for it :P it would be handy to train him in!

I got the bloods done too - my sugars were fine, but iron was low. I was told to ring them to get my results, so maybe you could ring just to make double sure that everything is ok :) i'm sure it is anyway!

I had an appointment about two weeks ago now and the baby was in the head down position. She's been that way all along so am hoping she'll stay like that. But saying that, it definietly felt like a head or bum last night! I have another app 4th june, so we'll see how we're getting on!

Have you booked in for antenatal classes?

• Advertisement

I'm due 22nd July although i am trying to get it in to my head i could go two weeks over. I was a week late, my brother was ten days and my cousins were two weeks late. I know it might not mean anything but it's better to be thinking that way then to think i'm going to do early!!
    Yeah, i'm going to sit down tonight and get the forms filled out if i can. They're also trying to find my replacement in work too, my brother is actually applying for it :P it would be handy to train him in!

I got the bloods done too - my sugars were fine, but iron was low. I was told to ring them to get my results, so maybe you could ring just to make double sure that everything is ok :) i'm sure it is anyway!

I had an appointment about two weeks ago now and the baby was in the head down position. She's been that way all along so am hoping she'll stay like that. But saying that, it definietly felt like a head or bum last night! I have another app 4th june, so we'll see how we're getting on!

Have you booked in for antenatal classes?

Thats a good point about going over - I must ask my mam if any of us were overdue!!!

That would be seriously handy if your brother got it! :)

I did book my antenatal classes and had my first one last Monday. Was interesting but nothing I didnt already know / hadnt already experienced! More interested in the next few classes which do signs of labour, etc. :o

wolfpawnat - I see nothing wrong in hoping its 11 weeks!! I am dying to meet my little one :D:D

wolfpawnat - I see nothing wrong in hoping its 11 weeks!! I am dying to meet my little one :D:D

I am sick of feeling fat and waddling!!! :( I know it is not fat, but the waddling is making my 4 year old imitate me and my partner to laugh. It is funny, but annoying too :D I really need to get my ass in gear, I've done nothing, well I have been training no1 into a lot of things, walking beside the buggy, getting used to the idea the cotbed is no longer his, but still. I have to get the baby gear sorted.

What sort of baby gear did you decide on JD24?

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    What sort of baby gear did you decide on JD24?

when you say baby gear do you mean clothes or buggy, cot, etc.??

when you say baby gear do you mean clothes or buggy, cot, etc.??

Sorry yes, I meant the buggy and cot since you said you were going shopping. I have all my stuff from my son so I love hearing what other people are getting. :o

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Sorry yes, I meant the buggy and cot since you said you were going shopping. I have all my stuff from my son so I love hearing what other people are getting. :o

Ive settled on the Mamas & Papas Sola for buggy / pram but with the Maxi Cosi car seat. Need to check that the car seat is compatible with the buggy, the website says it is but want to double check.

Also going to get the moses basket and all bedding for the cot since Mamas & Papas are doing a 10% off everything sale this weekend :D:D:D

Still not 100% sure about the cot, theres one I really like in Mamas & Papas but some of the reviews RE putting the cots together arent great. My dad is a carpenter so am not too worried but at the same time I wanna get good value for my money! Theres a similiar one in Mothercare so Im not stuck :)

My first big purchase was the sterliser set (Tommy Tippee) after our 20 week scan :) and just clothes since then

I should probably do a list..... :o

Do you have much to get? Must be so handy already having everything from your first :)

Ive settled on the Mamas & Papas Sola for buggy / pram but with the Maxi Cosi car seat. Need to check that the car seat is compatible with the buggy, the website says it is but want to double check.

Also going to get the moses basket and all bedding for the cot since Mamas & Papas are doing a 10% off everything sale this weekend :D:D:D

Still not 100% sure about the cot, theres one I really like in Mamas & Papas but some of the reviews RE putting the cots together arent great. My dad is a carpenter so am not too worried but at the same time I wanna get good value for my money! Theres a similiar one in Mothercare so Im not stuck :)

My first big purchase was the sterliser set (Tommy Tippee) after our 20 week scan :) and just clothes since then

I should probably do a list..... :o

Do you have much to get? Must be so handy already having everything from your first :)

I went Mothercare on everything, after the first 500e (sterilzer and travel system) they started with the 10% discount on a rocking crib, car seats, everything. But then again I have the MIL from hell who bullies them into it! :D She has her uses :D

High chairs and the like you can leave a while, but they will be on the list for later. As for the Mama and Papa's crib, my friend had one, awkward enough to put together, but a good sturdy crib and it was a good cotbed after too.

I have very little to get this time, a few clothes, bottles in case the breastfeeding doesn't go as planned again and a buggy board for no1. It is handy having so much, he is the only grandchild on both sides and there is no one else having children on either side. My partner's sister is over 20 years older than him and my brother is over 10 years younger than me, so we didn't have to share anything so we know everything is perfect and the only thing we have to worry about is getting it to Dublin :D

Two months today I finish up in work!!

Big 3 0 for me today - as in 30 weeks!! :D:D:D

Cant believe how quick its going!

Went shopping at the weekend, my house now resembles a baby shop!!! Think I have everything but the cot.... Not too worried about that though, have a moses basket and getting a lend of a crib off my sister so baby is covered for first few months if I leave the cot on the long finger! :)

Hope everyone is keeping well :)

Big 3 0 for me today - as in 30 weeks!! :D:D:D

Cant believe how quick its going!

Went shopping at the weekend, my house now resembles a baby shop!!! Think I have everything but the cot.... Not too worried about that though, have a moses basket and getting a lend of a crib off my sister so baby is covered for first few months if I leave the cot on the long finger! :)

Hope everyone is keeping well :)

Congrats for getting to 30!! Only 10ish more weeks to go til you meet your little baby. I'm 29+2! so only a few days behind you!

I'm the opposite to you - i have the cot but nothing else. We got the cot early as my niece is still in one and she was staying over a few weeks ago and was too big for the travel cot! I probably won't start buying until june! What did you get? Do you know when you're going to start getting your hospital bag ready?! :)

• Advertisement

Congrats for getting to 30!! Only 10ish more weeks to go til you meet your little baby. I'm 29+2! so only a few days behind you!

I'm the opposite to you - i have the cot but nothing else. We got the cot early as my niece is still in one and she was staying over a few weeks ago and was too big for the travel cot! I probably won't start buying until june! What did you get? Do you know when you're going to start getting your hospital bag ready?! :)

I know! Wont be long til its our month!!

I got the buggy with carry cot (and everything that goes with it!) and car seat with base. Got moses basket, baby bouncer, all nursery furnishings, etc. Mamas & Papas had a good sale on over the weekend, got 10% off buggy and 50% of all nursey furnishings :) Im getting a crib, baby bath, travel cot and monitors off my sisters :D Have steriliser a while now - that was our first big buy after our 20 week scan :)

I feel like I have most of what is needed (!!!!) but Im gonna do a list and see what Ive left out!

I read on some of the websites that you should get your hospital bag ready around the 32 week mark! I havnt got anything for the bag yet so that will be my mission over the next two weeks.

I heard both Mothercare and Mamas & Papas do sales in June so should be a great time to buy! :)

Advertisement