Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Hi All, decided its time to join this thread! Due on 17th July. First for us so super excited!

Loubian, I think I may have felt something the other day, it was like someone blowing bubbles in my stomach! Crazy but exciting :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

I thought I felt movement yesterday and today too! It was like something popping in the end of my belly? I'm afraid to get too excited in case it's just wind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭vanna

Hi everyone. I hope it's ok to come on board. It's d be great to have some other people to chat to about all things pregnancy! I'm a first time mam. This is my 2nd pregnancy, we list our first little angel at 8weeks. Two years later and I have a precious little babs growing away in my tum.
    I'm very excited but very nervous too. I'm trying not to panic every time I get a twinge or a cramp. I'm not as panicky as I was in the first trimester.
    I'm looking forward to hearing how all of you are getting on. I'm at that stage now where I'm feeling fat. I can't wait for my bump to pop out! :-)
    Is there anyone else here having their baby in Mullingar? I'd love to hear your experiences. Mine have all been positive so far. Long may it last.
    Hope you're all having a nice weekend. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 orls1977

I'm due the 2nd of July, anyone else?? Vanna, can't imagine how hard that was, I was carrying twins this pregnancy until 7 wk but lost one, so hard even tho I know I'm lucky to still have one healthy bubs. Am at 21 wk tomoro now n all is good with bubs :-) have anomaly scan in Thursday in Limerick maternity, anyone else go for one there??

Orls1977 losing a baby is terrible and yeah it's great you have a healthy one growing away butyyou'll never forget the one you lost.
    I endedup in the hospital today with some cramping. It was such a long day and I didn't get a scan as it was after hours and they don't have the facility to scan after five!!! Anyway she had a good feel around and we heard the heart beating away so all the signs are good. We'll pop over to the EPU on Wed just to make sure everything is as it should be.
    Good luck with your scan on Thurs. Enjoy seeing your precious little babs. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Sorry to hear that Orls1977, my wife is due on the 4th of July and will be 21 weeks on Thursday. We are going for our scan tomorrow in limerick. Cant wait to see bubs. I think il know half the people in the maternity by the time July comes around. Good luck to everyone going for scans in the next few weeks. Its exciting times for all us July-ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Going for private scan Saturday, can't wait! Hope all is well and that everyone else is getting on grand!

20 week scan next Monday! Cannot wait!! Hope everyone is well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Skyflyer1234

JD24 wrote: »
    20 week scan next Monday! Cannot wait!! Hope everyone is well :)

Its the Same for us! What hospital are ya with? :)

Its the Same for us! What hospital are ya with? :)

Rotunda :) You?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I have a scan at 22 weeks so another 3 and a half to go! not fair! I am so nervously excited. As soon as I am told the baby is okay I will be all joy. Was thinking about finding out the gender, but himself doesn't want to, "It's the one big surprise" and he's right, for us personally it would be nicer to wait, but part of me wants to know too :D

We have our scan next Monday too. Ours is in Mullingar. As I type this it feels like babs is doing cartwheels! :-)
    I'd love to find out the sex of the baby too but I think we're going to hold off for the surprise.
    Have any of you decided on names yet? We're thinking Ellie for a girl and either Dara or Sam for a boy. I prefer Dara and hubby2b prefers Sam so it'll be interesting to see which one wins out.
    I'm back to work tomorrow after having a week off due to bad back pain so I'm making the most of today.
    Take it easy ladies. :-)

vanna wrote: »
    Have any of you decided on names yet? We're thinking Ellie for a girl and either Dara or Sam for a boy. I prefer Dara and hubby2b prefers Sam so it'll be interesting to see which one wins out.

I was told the names. Well actually I gave it to him to choose under the stipulation that I would have to okay the suggestions and nothing ridiculous. So we have Saoirse and Robert (Robbie when he's young) I was wondering where Robert came from, until he told me the middle name, Emmet. This is what happens when you have children with a man who did a degree in Irish history :rolleyes::D They're nice normal names so I'm happy.

I prefer Dara to Sam, though both are lovely names ;):D

Saoirse and Robert are great names. I'm going to try my best to get my way with Dara! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misspumpqueen

Hi everyone, just joining you now! I'm 20+3! I can't believe I'm halfway through! I've my scan next week, I'm so excited. I dont feel the baby moving much, n when I do, I'm unsure if it's actually the baby. Sometimes I get scared Im not actually pregnant. But we heard the heartbeat about 4 weeks ago, so there is something in there, I'm just worried. anyone else feel this way? I just want my scan now so i can know its ok and well. :/ how do you know if its bad enough to go to hospital though? I know first time mums can worry about everything, but im trying not to panic about everything as i dont want to be in hospital all the time over silly things...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

Hi everyone, just joining you now! I'm 20+3! I can't believe I'm halfway through! I've my scan next week, I'm so excited. I dont feel the baby moving much, n when I do, I'm unsure if it's actually the baby. Sometimes I get scared Im not actually pregnant. But we heard the heartbeat about 4 weeks ago, so there is something in there, I'm just worried. anyone else feel this way? I just want my scan now so i can know its ok and well. :/ how do you know if its bad enough to go to hospital though? I know first time mums can worry about everything, but im trying not to panic about everything as i dont want to be in hospital all the time over silly things...

Hi, I could have written the same post. I'm 19 weeks today and don't feel very pregnant. I thought my bump would be huge by now but it's only slight. Didn't have the whole morning sickness thing and I don't really feel any major movement. I'm trying to reassure myself and I'm really looking forward to my scan next week too. Try not to fret too much, from what I've read if anything did happen the little bubba, then you'd know about it.

Hi misspumpqueen. Congrats! :)) You're a week ahead of me. I'm a first timer too and have been through all the same worries. If I'm ever in doubt about a pain or anything I will give me doc a call or pop into the early pregnancy unit. They're brilliant there and I've always been told that if I ever have any doubts not to hesitate to call into them. I had a a scan with them a couple of weeks ago due to bad cramping and everything was ok. It just put my mind at ease. If there is an EPU at your hospital definitely give them a call.
    Good luck with everything. :-)

vanna wrote: »
    Hi misspumpqueen. Congrats! :)) You're a week ahead of me. I'm a first timer too and have been through all the same worries. If I'm ever in doubt about a pain or anything I will give me doc a call or pop into the early pregnancy unit. They're brilliant there and I've always been told that if I ever have any doubts not to hesitate to call into them. I had a a scan with them a couple of weeks ago due to bad cramping and everything was ok. It just put my mind at ease. If there is an EPU at your hospital definitely give them a call.
    Good luck with everything. :-)

Hi Vanna, thanks for your reply. What hospital are you with? I'#m with Holles st and I don't know if they have an EPU. I haven't got a great reception from them yet either, they don't seem to helpful. I'm just worried about wasting their time, n i'm afraid i'm worrying about nothing. I know i won't relax until i hear the heartbeat, but should i ring now, or just wait until next tuesday's scan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Hi Vanna, thanks for your reply. What hospital are you with? I'#m with Holles st and I don't know if they have an EPU. I haven't got a great reception from them yet either, they don't seem to helpful. I'm just worried about wasting their time, n i'm afraid i'm worrying about nothing. I know i won't relax until i hear the heartbeat, but should i ring now, or just wait until next tuesday's scan?

Sorry for butting in but Holles street have a foetal assessment unit and they're very good there. I was in there a few times due to severe morning sickness and there were people calling in worried about other things too. I called them, spoke to a midwife and they told me to come in. I was worried about wasting their time too but in hindsight, I should have called them earlier then I did. I put myself at risk for longer just because I was worried about being a burden and I wish I hadn't. Just call and see what they say, they're very reassuring!

I;m just back from Holles st. I decided to bite the bullet and call. They said that it more than likely is ok, but to come in just to reassure myself. Everything is ok, had a mini scan and saw theheart beating and the baby moving. *big sigh of relief* have a little picture now too. thanks for being so supportive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I;m just back from Holles st. I decided to bite the bullet and call. They said that it more than likely is ok, but to come in just to reassure myself. Everything is ok, had a mini scan and saw theheart beating and the baby moving. *big sigh of relief* have a little picture now too. thanks for being so supportive.

Glad everything is ok :)

Glad you got the reassurance you needed misspumpqueen and that the little one is doing well :D

Hi misspumpqueen. Delights to hear that. You can relax now. I'm having my baby in Mullingar and so far I find them great.
    It's very hard to fully relax and a lot of the time I feel like I'm panicking unnecessarily but it's tough when it's your first time. Roll on Monday and my twenty week scan! :)

In bed with a rotten chest infection. My bump is feeling very sore from all the coughing. The baby is doing a lot of moving so I must be disturbing him/her every time I get a fit of coughing. I just hope I'm not causing them any discomfort. :(

Don't worry Vanna, worst case scenario, you're disturbing it's sleep and it is not too pleased, but overall, it won't hurt them. Just sip loads of hot ribena (plenty of vit C and damn tasty :D) and rest.

Hi there. As I mentioned in earlier posts I have my scan on Monday. I'm really ill with this horrible chesty cough and cold and I'm wondering if it hadn't cleared by Monday will I still be able to have the scan. I'm in bed since yesterday and dosing myself with vitamin c tablets and honey and lemon so I'm hoping it'll start shifting soon.
    I really don't want to go over and then to be told I have to come back when I'm well.
    Hopefully someone can enlighten me! :-)

Hi Ladies, I had a very exciting week! We had our 20 week scan and I heard the babies heartbeat for the first time!! The baby wouldn't move it was asleep holding its feet and refused to stretch out no matter how much it was prodded or I coughed! Its an awkward sod already ;) I also got engaged!!! So there's even more excitement in the SnoozySuzie household :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Hi Ladies, I had a very exciting week! We had our 20 week scan and I heard the babies heartbeat for the first time!! The baby wouldn't move it was asleep holding its feet and refused to stretch out no matter how much it was prodded or I coughed! Its an awkward sod already ;) I also got engaged!!! So there's even more excitement in the SnoozySuzie household :D

Congrats :) sounds like a fantastic week! did you find out sex of baby or are you going to wait?

Thanks Loubian! No I didnt find out! We were still in 2 minds right up until the night before but then I decided after all the hard work it would be nice to have a suprise :)
    Is anyone else going to find out?

• Advertisement

Thanks Loubian! No I didnt find out! We were still in 2 minds right up until the night before but then I decided after all the hard work it would be nice to have a suprise :)
    Is anyone else going to find out?

Part of me really wants to. I have a smallish apartment so I don't want to bring all my son's lovely clothes across the country to ensure they get worn again if it a boy if I end up having a girl. I like to be prepared and there are so many lovely girls things I am itching to buy (I know the scan is never 100% accurate, but still) that said, labour and birth is a very exhausting and trying process, so it would be lovely to have the doctor hold up a baby at the end and give you something nice. Well you know, he is giving you your baby which is great, but you tend to expect that bit, it's the gender is a nice added surprise :D

My partner thinks we should leave it, but we have another 2 and a half weeks to think about it since my scan isn't until the 22 week mark! :(

Advertisement