Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Accor Hotels Le Club Platinum Status

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Time wrote: »
    Best Western will 100% definitely match it, so maybe match to them and then to the others?

How might one get Best Western to match it?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭paidi_ed

Thanks OP. Worked a treat.

Just on the status matching, I emailed club carlson with my club carlson number and a screenshot of my platinum accord status and they upgraded me to gold elite status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

How might one get Best Western to match it?

http://www.statusmatcher.com/
    Best Western matches status levels of any other hotel chain, at the same status tier level. Send Best Western your current statement or copy of elite card with a competitor hotel chain. Also include your name, Best Western Rewards Account number, and competitor elite level. StatusMatch@bestwestern.com]

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have managed to successfully transfer my new Le Club Status to Hilton Honors and Crowne Plaza today, both whom I had cards with at on Blue and Club status respectively.

I used a screen print, masking out the opening date and points balance, allowing them to confirm by seeing the details that the address, phone number, e-mail address all matched up with their own systems.

Boom, new cards on the way. I prefer the CP over Hilton because they have nicer more modern rooms and free internet. Heck I'm typing this from a hotel with free internet right now but in the US there are more of the partner hotels than the IHG Hotels in the places I like visiting so I'm going to prefer the benefits on CPs. :D

Thank you OP for the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

This is great! The late check out is what i'm most forward to using.

I have my Accor account set up but i don't have an account with any other chain. Could i register with them online and match the status or would i have to stay in one of the hotels first? and do you lose the status of one chain when you match with another.
    Sorry about the questions, first time using any system like this for hotels.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

This is great! The late check out is what i'm most forward to using.

I have my Accor account set up but i don't have an account with any other chain. Could i register with them online and match the status or would i have to stay in one of the hotels first? and do you lose the status of one chain when you match with another.
    Sorry about the questions, first time using any system like this for hotels.
    Thanks.

Yeah, all you need to do is set up an account with whichever partner program you want to match to then email them requesting a status match, you shouldn't need to stay a night to get a match, you might have to stay a night to get a card though. You wont lose your original status either.

Statusmatcher.com is an excellent site for checking what can be matched to what, and it'll even give you the email address to request a status match from.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭seamey beag84

Yeah, all you need to do is set up an account with whichever partner program you want to match to then email them requesting a status match, you shouldn't need to stay a night to get a match, you might have to stay a night to get a card though. You wont lose your original status either.

Statusmatcher.com is an excellent site for checking what can be matched to what, and it'll even give you the email address to request a status match from.

I'm on it. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Got it - thanks OP - how long did it take to receive the notification for everyone? Mine still hasn't arrived and not in thrash.

Edit: Scratch that - got it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Then do you book it through your account or do you show card for upgrades at hotel reception?? How do they know to upgrade you?
    Can you book a room on other sites (which may have room cheaper) bar the hotel you got the card from...how do they know to upgrade you too?

JEmily wrote: »
    Then do you book it through your account or do you show card for upgrades at hotel reception?? How do they know to upgrade you?
    Can you book a room on other sites (which may have room cheaper) bar the hotel you got the card from...how do they know to upgrade you too?

Exactly, you log in to your account and book through it and they'll know to upgrade you because you'll be flagged as a platinum status member.

If you book through another site like hotels.com you could just mention to them on check in that your a platinum member but you don't have your card with you, and offer to log in and show them your status.

Upgrades are not guaranteed by the way and often you'll have to push them to get a significantly better room like a suite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭fjon

Right, I've emailed HHonors, Best Western, Priority Club and Club Carlson to see if they will status match. Fingers crossed!

fjon wrote: »
    Right, I've emailed HHonors, Best Western, Priority Club and Club Carlson to see if they will status match. Fingers crossed!

Best of luck if any of them say no try again with one of the other cards when you get matched that usually works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

If you book through another site like hotels.com you could just mention to them on check in that your a platinum member but you don't have your card with you, and offer to log in and show them your status.

Also worth noting booking discounted rooms through third party sites may well preclude you from being credited for your stay (depending on the programmes T&C's). Got a great rate at the Conrad in Chicago through Hotwire recently but reception confirmed no HH points would accrue. Though as you say above, advising reception of membership status at check-in may well result in some perks.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Also worth noting booking discounted rooms through third party sites may well preclude you from being credited for your stay (depending on the programmes T&C's). Got a great rate at the Conrad in Chicago through Hotwire recently but reception confirmed no HH points would accrue. Though as you say above, advising reception of membership status at check-in may well result in some perks.

They always say that but you go to their website and fill in the missing points form. For me because my office normally pays they say "no points" but I always get them back on the website. That is the Crowne Plaza though.

Club Carlson have upgraded me to gold. 3 to go!

Whoops. IHG have come back changing their mind and that my screen capture isn't enough for them. They want a scanned statement or a PDF. Any idea?

I did e-mail Le Club asking them for a PDF proving that I am Platinum and gave them some work related reason. Let's see but in the meantime if somebody has a suggestion of where to get a PDF proof for IHG or any other group.

Hilton would only upgrade me to Gold, not Diamond.
    I guess I'm going to have trouble with IHG too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Going to Crowne Plaza next week (already book prior to joining) - if I give them the card number will I get an upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Whoops. IHG have come back changing their mind and that my screen capture isn't enough for them. They want a scanned statement or a PDF. Any idea?

I did e-mail Le Club asking them for a PDF proving that I am Platinum and gave them some work related reason. Let's see but in the meantime if somebody has a suggestion of where to get a PDF proof for IHG or any other group.

Go to pdf995.com

This will create a printer that saves as a pdf.

Print the page as a pdf.

Email pdf, job done

• Advertisement

dingding wrote: »
    Go to pdf995.com

This will create a printer that saves as a pdf.

Print the page as a pdf.

Email pdf, job done

This is IHGs reply
    Please send us your most recent Accor Hotels statement reflecting the current status of your account. Once received, we will be happy to proceed with your request.

This is Hiltons
    The appropriate proof will indicate you met the competitors' program stay and night requirements to earn their top status. Please forward via email your competitors statement account copy of your end of year activity for 2011 and/or 2012 information as a .PDF, .jpg, or .doc attachment.

So they're looking for more than just turning the screen shot into a PDF to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

If you book through another site like hotels.com you could just mention to them on check in that your a platinum member but you don't have your card with you, and offer to log in and show them your status..

If you book through someone else, they won't care what status you have. If you want your status recognised, you've to book direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

Got upgraded to Gold with Carlson last night.
    Still waiting on Hilton to contact me about upgrade with them.

This arrived today. Gold Status which says earn 15 stays in 12 months to get to Platinum. There aren't much benefits to being on Gold with them to be fair but nice to have nonetheless if you ever check in and look for an upgrade of any type.

My Thumb is covering my name and some of my membership number on purpose. Couldn't be arsed with MS Paint. :D

1E455E23-310E-49FB-9B3D-706CC2DBEA09-21924-0000150D203A28F8.jpg

Yep, got mine too yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭userduluth

Arent you guys supposed to get Diamond status? Gold is the basic status in Best Western...

userduluth wrote: »
    Arent you guys supposed to get Diamond status? Gold is the basic status in Best Western...

Yup, i got my existing Best Western Plaitnum Upgraded to Diamond using this.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bhangraman

Deal expired, please update thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Bhangraman wrote: »
    Deal expired, please update thread title.

I would but it doesn't appear possible :confused:

• Advertisement

Note as well. I was going to be upgraded by Crowne Plaza but they said "wait till January because your status would only last till the 31st December so contact us back in January". Will do. ;)

Advertisement