Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Them lazy bastards...

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

I found fifty pence on the ground today . People complaining theres no money in the country . I only had to walk to the end of my garden .

Give you 5 cents for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

I found fifty pence on the ground today . People complaining theres no money in the country . I only had to walk to the end of my garden .

I found a fiver in work on the ground a few days ago, people throwing away money

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭AndyTheDude

You're not going to be paying a lot of other people's dole on a tenner an hour buddy :pac:
    I won't be reaching out either...
    Shryke wrote: »
    Congrats. You can stop living on swan now and buy some groceries like normal people do... you were already in a job you say? It's much easier to get work when you are already employed.
    Employers are like horny adulterers. They see someone in a relationship and assume there must be something good about them.
    If you had been on the dole you would have found things more difficult and that's the honest truth. Still, well done, and I don't disagree that there are jobs out there.
    It is more difficult to find a job when you're unemployed for sure. I know that. Been there, done that. Actually I moved cities whilst on the dole in search of employment, ended up being homeless on two occasions, was sleeping in my car on the side of the road. Still, I found a job. That was three years ago...
    bluecode wrote: »
    My guess is A. You're trolling and or B. You're Polish. :D The swan thing is a bit of a giveaway. I think they're delish too.;)

But if you did get a job it's probably A. You're Polish and B. You can afford to live on just over 400 a week because you're A. Polish and B. well, Polish and prepared to take on a job well below your training and experience.

Now we can expect people to start ranting about bloody foreigners coming over here taking all the jobs we don't want to do ourselves.

Good luck with the job but don't be too smug. The time will come when you won't even get a reply to your CVs. You'll be too old, too inexperienced, too experienced or some other excuse and you'll be annoyed when some git tells you, you're lazy and have blisters on your ass from sitting around all day.

Great reply. Witty, with substance and I had a good laugh when reading it. I salute you, sir/madam.
    bluecode wrote: »
    Glad to see you're comfortable enough in this country to come in here and rile the natives. You'll fit right in.
    I am very comfortable with that, been around for 11 years. The days of "Yes, sir", "No, thank you, good sir" are over for me. Besides, I thought we're one big happy family, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

I've found a new job. I am starting on Monday. Nothing special, €10.50 per hour. It's a full time job though, 39hrs a week. Just a 10 mins drive from my place. So all is good. The business in my current job has been slowing down and I was getting less and less hours, so it's the time to make the move.

Now the best part: it took just 4 or 5 days from the day I sent my CV to secure the position. In the meaning time I was listening to a lot of complaining on the radio about how this country is f***ed and that it's almost impossible to find a job nowadays and obviously the foreigners are to blame... :rolleyes:

So f**k you all, I hope you'll get blisters on your arse from sitting at home when I am paying for your dole.

Now, if you excuse me, my swan is getting cold...
    Self congratulatory, abusive, smug... It IS hard to get a job - you were just lucky. And I've been in employment all the time since the party ended, including nearly two years on less than what you're earning. Because I was also lucky. Depends on what you're skilled at too - and as someone pointed out, it's easier to find work when you're already work.

Any proof most people refuse to work for less than €15 per hour?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Well done OP, congratulations on your new role

I look forward to reading your experiences in the Ranting & Raving Forum shortly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Moll'll fix it

I've found a new job. I am starting on Monday. Nothing special, €10.50 per hour. It's a full time job though, 39hrs a week. Just a 10 mins drive from my place. So all is good. The business in my current job has been slowing down and I was getting less and less hours, so it's the time to make the move.

Now the best part: it took just 4 or 5 days from the day I sent my CV to secure the position. In the meaning time I was listening to a lot of complaining on the radio about how this country is f***ed and that it's almost impossible to find a job nowadays and obviously the foreigners are to blame... :rolleyes:

So f**k you all, I hope you'll get blisters on your arse from sitting at home when I am paying for your dole.

Now, if you excuse me, my swan is getting cold...

So who did you sleep with?

So who did you sleep with?

yore ma

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

wtlltw wrote: »
    Craig David is that you?

Ow do?

See ee's got new job on't tele an that int he, on show bout folks on't giro and that, 'ow they're livin it up on 'is money. 10.50 an hour but 'e gets tit bring along kez an all, thats proper bo, ah tell thee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

theres jobs in town.. alot of cafes and shops and bars i walk past are hiring. Im guessing thats the same all over town and the big cities.

There aren't enough to meet the demand though - plus, not just anyone is able for restaurant work; it can be tough, and requires experience.

• Advertisement

Madam_X wrote: »
    Self congratulatory, abusive, smug...
    Riiight. You may call the 4fm show tomorrow and let some steam off. Just don't forget to include some abuse about "the Polish"...
    Madam_X wrote: »
    It IS hard to get a job - you were just lucky.
    Riiight. I've just spoken with my landlord who owns like 5 or 6 houses around. A Latvian girl just moved in, 4 days in Ireland, 3 job offers already. I guess she's lucky...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I found a fiver in work on the ground a few days ago, people throwing away money

I found nearly €200 in the Library last week, just sitting on a table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

You do realize that selling yourself for €10.50 an hour is an awful rate?
    You should really find yourself a better pimp.....:D

Nah in all seriousness, I couldn't agree with you more, there are plenty of jobs out there, people are just lazy sh1tes :mad:

If you really can't find a job (for some incredibly strange & rare reason) then get educated, jeezz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

...I thought we're one big happy family, no?

...no!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Riiight. You may call the 4fm show tomorrow and let some steam off. Just don't forget to include some abuse about "the Polish"...

Riiight. I've just spoken with my landlord who owns like 5 or 6 houses around. A Latvian girl just moved in, 4 days in Ireland, 3 job offers already. I guess she's lucky...

Probably working for less than the min wage ... I know 3 people (I believe they are Latvian) who are working for 5 per hour . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

You should become taoiseach, you have all the answers to our problems!

I made reasonable points and didn't rant and indiscriminately abuse like you did - don't be upset that you can't respond in a measured way. :D

Oh I've just realised now you're Polish - didn't even occur to me until now despite your swan reference. I couldn't care less what nationality you are - and would say the very same to an Irish person, which is what I assumed you were. Lots if Irish people say the same sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Jobs are easy to get just people don't want to work for anything less then 15e an hour or the salary equivalent. True story that!
    Yes that's true and those fckers should have their dole stopped and be sent to the workhouse ! People who turn down work and remain on the dole because they look down on the job are all too common.
    I work at a job well below my qualifications and experience because i'm not a fcking parasite.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

What if somebody was training to be a musician ? Do they need to geT a job?. There are 15 week drive a forklift course in fas you can do in 2 days paying private .
    Is it ok to do your own training at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Yes that's true and those fckers should have their dole stopped and be sent to the workhouse ! People who turn down work and remain on the dole because they look down on the job are all too common.
    I work at a job well below my qualifications and experience because i'm not a fcking parasite.

Someone already slagged 400 a week. Jesus fcuking Christ!

• Advertisement

Rigol wrote: »
    Ow do?

See ee's got new job on't tele an that int he, on show bout folks on't giro and that, 'ow they're livin it up on 'is money. 10.50 an hour but 'e gets tit bring along kez an all, thats proper bo, ah tell thee.

You got me seriously puzzled, boy. After spending 8 years in the deepest outskirts of Co. Cork and 3 years in North Co. Dublin (and let me add that I've watched all the Travellers fight videos on youtube, without subtitles) and having played 100's of gigs nationwide I'm still having a hard time with decoding your post...
    I know I've said "f**k you all":o in my op:o, and I am really ashamed of it now after I made the beer run... but can anyone help me out here,plz?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭reginald

Well done. What kind of job is it op??

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

So f**k you all, I hope you'll get blisters on your arse.

Andy with an gob like that may you sh1t in your britches on your first day.

mikehunts wrote: »
    So f**k you all, I hope you'll get blisters on your arse.

Andy with an gob like that may you sh1t in your britches on your first day.

No doubt I will... Like all the boards.ie users are willing to work for 10.50/h (the stated minimum in this thread is €15, if I remember well) and I will face you on my shift...

You all folks need to cop on. You're all still living in a fairy tale land. The good times are over and you did absolutely nothing when the time was right to show the middle finger to the troika. Have a look where Iceland is now. You're truly f**ed. Sad, but true.

€15/h is over. Get over it. Adapt or go bust.

Who's this "you all" you speak of?

Advertisement