Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Them lazy bastards...

Options
  • 09-11-2012 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

I've found a new job. I am starting on Monday. Nothing special, €10.50 per hour. It's a full time job though, 39hrs a week. Just a 10 mins drive from my place. So all is good. The business in my current job has been slowing down and I was getting less and less hours, so it's the time to make the move.

Now the best part: it took just 4 or 5 days from the day I sent my CV to secure the position. In the meaning time I was listening to a lot of complaining on the radio about how this country is f***ed and that it's almost impossible to find a job nowadays and obviously the foreigners are to blame... :rolleyes:

So f**k you all, I hope you'll get blisters on your arse from sitting at home when I am paying for your dole.

Now, if you excuse me, my swan is getting cold...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

So what's the job then?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Rent boy i would say

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Fcuk me?! What did I do?! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭anhedonia

sounds great dude.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

Must be a tight sting paying for everyone's dole.
    Knob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I've found a new job. I am starting on Monday. Nothing special, €10.50 per hour. It's a full time job though, 39hrs a week. Just a 10 mins drive from my place. So all is good. The business in my current job has been slowing down and I was getting less and less hours, so it's the time to make the move.

Now the best part: it took just 4 or 5 days from the day I sent my CV to secure the position. In the meaning time I was listening to a lot of complaining on the radio about how this country is f***ed and that it's almost impossible to find a job nowadays and obviously the foreigners are to blame... :rolleyes:

So f**k you all, I hope you'll get blisters on your arse from sitting at home when I am paying for your dole.

Hmmmm quite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

You're not going to be paying a lot of other people's dole on a tenner an hour buddy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Worst.

Thread.

Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Genuinely I hope you hate it and are miserable in that job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

is that 10.50 before tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

What's the job? Customer service desk in Tesco?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Congrats. You can stop living on swan now and buy some groceries like normal people do... you were already in a job you say? It's much easier to get work when you are already employed.
    Employers are like horny adulterers. They see someone in a relationship and assume there must be something good about them.
    If you had been on the dole you would have found things more difficult and that's the honest truth. Still, well done, and I don't disagree that there are jobs out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dantbyhid

Good stuff.
    I spent 4 days looking for a job in April. Starting sending CV's out on the Monday had first interview on Wednesday, second interview on the Thursday and got a job offer on the Friday morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I've got 3 jobs, so there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

ScumLord wrote: »
    I've got 3 jobs, so there.

Anything in the Zombie Survival industry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭wtlltw

dantbyhid wrote: »
    Good stuff.
    I spent 4 days looking for a job in April. Starting sending CV's out on the Monday had first interview on Wednesday, second interview on the Thursday and got a job offer on the Friday morning. :)

Craig David is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Jobs are easy to get just people don't want to work for anything less then 15e an hour or the salary equivalent. True story that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

My guess is A. You're trolling and or B. You're Polish. :D The swan thing is a bit of a giveaway. I think they're delish too.;)

But if you did get a job it's probably A. You're Polish and B. You can afford to live on just over 400 a week because you're A. Polish and B. well, Polish and prepared to take on a job well below your training and experience.

Now we can expect people to start ranting about bloody foreigners coming over here taking all the jobs we don't want to do ourselves.

Good luck with the job but don't be too smug. The time will come when you won't even get a reply to your CVs. You'll be too old, too inexperienced, too experienced or some other excuse and you'll be annoyed when some git tells you, you're lazy and have blisters on your ass from sitting around all day.

PS: Glad to see you're comfortable enough in this country to come in here and rile the natives. You'll fit right in.

bluecode wrote: »
    My guess is A. You're trolling and B. You're Polish. :D The swan thing is a bit of a giveaway. I think they're delish too.;)

But if you did get a job it's probably A. You're Polish and B. You can afford to live on just over 400 a week because you're A. Polish and B. well, Polish and prepared to take on a job well below your training and experience.

Now we can expect people to start ranting about bloody foreigners coming over here taking all the jobs we don't want to do ourselves.

Good luck with the job but don't be too smug. The time will come when you won't even get a reply to your CVs. You'll be too old, too inexperienced, too experienced or some other excuse and you'll be annoyed when some git tells you, you're lazy and have blisters on your ass from sitting around all day.

Ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Anything in the Zombie Survival industry?
    That's more than a job. I tried to start a zombie proofing business to zombie proof peoples houses but they just called me crazy when I did the door to door sales, now I've a load of baring orders. They'll rue the day the fools!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭bluecode

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Ridiculous!
    Well spotted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Can I get fries with that?

bluecode wrote: »
    Well spotted!

All the crap made it easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Al my friends have jobs and I'm sitting here countin' me coppers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Fcuk me?! What did I do?! :(

You know well what you did

WOMANIZER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I created 9 new full-time jobs today. Yay me.:D Just saying like...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Pottler wrote: »
    I created 9 new full-time jobs today. Yay me.:D Just saying like...

Gis one? :L

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭rusty_racer94

So op, how long are you off the dole for?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

I found fifty pence on the ground today . People complaining theres no money in the country . I only had to walk to the end of my garden .

Advertisement