Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digestive System (Serious Question)

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

OP, you should now ask why poo is brown and pee is yellow. And then after that, you will understand why Royalty poo blue poos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

jester77 wrote: »
    Have you never had a black piss after a night on the Guinness :confused:

No, but there has often been a head on the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Why does Bird cráp be white, and they eat all sorts of berries, worms and snails, and you see it everywhere, and never noticed a *bird pee on you?

*The flying type

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Allyall wrote: »
    Why does Bird cráp be white, and they eat all sorts of berries, worms and snails, and you see it everywhere, and never noticed a *bird pee on you?

*The flying type

Bird poop is faeces and urine combined

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

In all seriousness,
    beetroot (solid) makes your pee purple
    and methylene blue (solid) makes your pee blue

I can kinda see where he's coming from..... as beetroot soup can make your pee purple,

In layman's terms, it just depends on what's in the soup...most stuff is absorbed as nutrients... however soup is considered a solid, and therefore gives you brown poo, usually.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bilirubin
    Bilirubin (formerly referred to as hematoidin) is the yellow breakdown product of normal heme catabolism. Heme is found in hemoglobin, a principal component of red blood cells. Bilirubin is excreted in bile and urine, and elevated levels may indicate certain diseases. It is responsible for the yellow color of bruises, the yellow color of urine (via its reduced breakdown product, urobilin), the brown color of feces (via its conversion to stercobilin), and the yellow discoloration in jaundice.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

kneemos wrote: »
    Does sweetcorn get a free pass then?

You're actually not pooing out whole sweetcorn kernels. Your system digests out the good stuff in the corn, but can't break down the cellulose 'skin', so that's what's in your poo. They still look full because other bits of waste get caught inside them; like how stuff gets into your duvet case when it's in the wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

Allyall wrote: »

*The flying type

the pigeons in my garden do be eating blackcurrent type berries and this can lead to you being victim to "purple rain" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    When you eat soup which is kind of a liquid, how come you don't piss it out, or maybe you do I don't know, but say for instance I eat some oxtail soup why isn't my pee brown? Or that orange colour when I eat tomato?

Are you related to Teddy?

Advertisement