Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digestive System (Serious Question)

Options
  • 09-11-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭

When you eat soup which is kind of a liquid, how come you don't piss it out, or maybe you do I don't know, but say for instance I eat some oxtail soup why isn't my pee brown? Or that orange colour when I eat tomato?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

quick someone post a face palm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

because it all like science and sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

here you go
    ……………………………………..________
    ………………………………,.-‘ …………….“~.,
    ………………………..,.- …………………………..“-.,
    …………………….,/………………………………………..â€:,
    …………………,?………………………………………………\,
    ………………./…………………………………………………..,}
    ……………../………………………………………………,:`^`..}
    ……………/……………………………………………,: ……/
    …………..?…..__…………………………………..:`………../
    …………./__.(…..“~-,_…………………………,:`………./
    ………../(_….â€~,_……..“~,_………………..,:`…….._/
    ……….{.._$;_……â€=,_…….“-,_…….,.-~-,},.~â€;/….}
    ………..((…..*~_…….â€=-._……“;,,./`…./ ………../
    …,,,___.\`~,……“~.,………………..`…..}…………../
    …………(….`=-,,…….`……………………(……;_,,-â€
    …………/.`~,……`-………………………….\……/\
    ………….\`~.*-,……………………………….|,./…..\,__
    ,,_……….}.>-._\……………………………..|…………..`=~-,
    …..`=~-,_\_……`\,……………………………\
    ……………….`=~-,,.\,………………………….\
    …………………………..`:,,………………………`\…………..__
    ……………………………….`=-,……………….,%`>–==“
    …………………………………._\……….._,-%…….`\
    ……………………………..,< `.._|_,-&``................`\

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    When you eat soup which is kind of a liquid, how come you don't piss it out, or maybe you do I don't know, but say for instance I eat some oxtail soup why isn't my pee brown? Or that orange colour when I eat tomato?

Can't answer. Can only provide another mystery for you - Guinness is liquid but it makes your poo black.... I bet your head hurts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

At least our education system isn't in decline

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Let me guess, you did Ag Science at school?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

And another!
    ......................................__................................................
    .............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
    .......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
    ..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
    ...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
    .............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
    ..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
    ...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
    ................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
    .................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
    ..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
    ................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
    ................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
    ................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
    ..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
    ...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
    ................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
    ...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
    ......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

How come I doesn't piss out croutons?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Funny ***** I see :P

Any answer though?

That's kinda what I mean ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

There's your problem right there...
    Your Eating Liquids, your confusing your body.. Try drinking liquids..

Have you tried Barocca, the vitamen yoks.. They make you piss pure orange in colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Staplor

Food, including soup and beer, goes from your mouth to your belly, where magic elves remove the vitamins and good things to make you big and strong, then the rest they pump into your piss pipe or shovel into your poo pipe.

bbam wrote: »

Yes but I can drink soup from a cup ;) So how does my body know the difference

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Yes but I can drink soup from a cup ;) So how does my body know the difference

Have you never had a black piss after a night on the Guinness :confused:

i don't care to much why not... just thank god I dont :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Staplor wrote: »
    Food, including soup and beer, goes from your mouth to your belly, where magic elves remove the vitamins and good things to make you big and strong, then the rest they pump into your piss pipe or shovel into your poo pipe.

That's how schools should explain stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

If you drink cola your piss won't be black either.

jester77 wrote: »
    Have you never had a black piss after a night on the Guinness :confused:

No, No No..
    Thats the scutters... just as liquid as a piss but twice as hard to hold in !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Following on from the OP's question;

If I eat only Roses (the flowers not the chocolates) will my **** still stink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

That's kinda what I mean ;)

Whatever you eat, be it a liquid or solid all gets broken down into chyme by the acid I your stomach and that passes into your duodenum where it gets broken down more and then passes to the intestines where the nutrients are absorbed and the water is removed to form solid waste.

That water is passed to your kidneys to filter, and whatever waste is in your body gets passed to your bladder as urine and then you piss it out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Everything that you ingest passes through your disgestive system. Whether it's food, liquid, chewing gum, a coin... everything. Between your mouth and anus some of the organs it passes through includes the stomach, small intestine and large intestine. Part of the large intestines job is to remove liquid from whatever you ingest (reason your poop should normally be solid). Obviously there will be more liquid to be extracted if you drink a lot of soup compared to say eating crackers. So you're pooping out the solid parts of your soup, it obviously just looks a lot different compared to when you ingested it.

The liquid that is removed from food by the large intestine enters your circulation. It's the kidneys job (food does not pass through here, not part of your disgestive system!!) to 'filter' the blood. Removes all the bads bits and suspends it in water so you can pee it out. Water removed from food is also used by the body to produce sweat. So in a sense you are still peeing/sweating out the liquid parts of the soup, but indirectly.

Hope this was a serious question and I haven't wasted my breath :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

1ZRed wrote: »
    Whatever you eat, be it a liquid or solid all gets broken down into chyme by the acid I your stomach and that passes into your duodenum where it gets broken down more and then passes to the intestines where the nutrients are absorbed and the water is removed to form solid waste. That water is passed to your kidneys to filter and whatever waste is in your body gets passed to your bladder and then you piss it out.

Sounds like magic to me; I'm pretty sure Staplor's answer is far more accurate ;)
    Staplor wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Quite so. Urine is excess water and waste byproducts from body cells, released into the bloodstream, which is filtered through the kidneys. Faeces are the remains of anything you drink or eat after nutrients and water have been extracted. The two systems are totally separate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I bet most of the people busy posting facepalms and jokes hadn't a clue either until some iof the proper explanations.

Sarky wrote: »
    Quite so. Urine is excess water and waste byproducts from body cells, released into the bloodstream, which is filtered through the kidneys. Faeces are the remains of anything you drink or eat after nutrients and water have been extracted. The two systems are totally separate.

So there is really no use eating your own ****e as it has nothing of nutritional value?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

1ZRed wrote: »
    Whatever you eat, be it a liquid or solid all gets broken down into chyme by the acid I your stomach and that passes into your duodenum where it gets broken down more and then passes to the intestines where the nutrients are absorbed and the water is removed to form solid waste.

That water is passed to your kidneys to filter, and whatever waste is in your body gets passed to your bladder as urine and then you piss it out.

Does sweetcorn get a free pass then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

bbam wrote: »

Have you tried Barocca, the vitamen yoks.. They make you piss pure orange in colour.

I've been wondering what the **** was up with me! They are great in fairness.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

So there is really no use eating your own ****e as it has nothing of nutritional value?

Have you heard of the human centipede? The reason this can't work is because our excretions have little/no nutritional value. Some animals have to eat their poop a few times to get all the nutrients etc out of food... but not humans afaik.

I've been wondering what the **** was up with me! They are great in fairness.

Yeah I noticed that, was told that if your piss is that colour you don't need the extra vitamins from those drinks and you have enough, that's why it turns extra green.

Im not saying its true just what I heard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I had a lot of Guinness last night. I wasn't peeing it out today either!!

Advertisement