Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digestive System (Serious Question)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Your body has expertly separated the water from the soup mix so your essentially back at square one. If you cleared out your system and then drank one cup of soup you could pee out the water from that soup and then dry out the pop and remix them again to get another cup of oxtail soup.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

kneemos wrote: »
    Does sweetcorn get a free pass then?

If it passes through, it's normally because it hasn't been chewed properly. Stomach acid etc work best if things have been chewed properly first. It breaks food down further, but you need your mouth to give it a headstart. Small pieces = greater surface area and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Stomach fairies know the difference and they sort it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    So there is really no use eating your own ****e as it has nothing of nutritional value?

Very little of nutritional value to humans. It's crammed full of bacteria that live in the gut, and as they're evolved to live in the human gut, they're not very digestible. That's fine eating for other species though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

woodchuck wrote: »
    If it passes through, it's normally because it hasn't been chewed properly. Stomach acid etc work best if things have been chewed properly first. It breaks food down further, but you need your mouth to give it a headstart. Small pieces = greater surface area and all that...

Its like when you vomit, why do carrots always come back up whole no matter how you chew the bastards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

bbam wrote: »
    There's your problem right there...
    Your Eating Liquids, your confusing your body.. Try drinking liquids..

Have you tried Barocca, the vitamen yoks.. They make you piss pure orange in colour.

The reason you get this from multi-vitamins is your body has enough of, for example Vitamin B3 (Niacin), which would just be "pissed" out again. B3 (Niacin) is usually the culprit for discolored urine out of all vitamins and minerals... Don't confuse the lad.
    When you eat soup which is kind of a liquid, how come you don't piss it out, or maybe you do I don't know, but say for instance I eat some oxtail soup why isn't my pee brown? Or that orange colour when I eat tomato?

Simple, viscosity. Foods are DIGESTED. Liquids are ABSORBED.

Soup is a food, not a liquid. Look at what it contains and you'll soon be able to seperate foods and liquids. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Gandhi drank his own piss apparently. A peace lover.

Its like when you vomit, why do carrots always come back up whole no matter how you chew the bastards

It's not actually carrots (well, unless you've recently eaten carrots of course!). It's parts of the stomach lining being ripped away.

It's not actually carrots (well, unless you've recently eaten carrots of course!). It's parts of the stomach lining being ripped away.

No I mean when you have eaten carrots, I'm not talking eating SHAFT length jobs, but diced carrot, you can chew and chew, and always comes back up in one piece.

Just like sweet corn and your hole, comes out the same way it goes in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Hey OP, if you inhale a cigarette and fart why doesn't the smoke come out your ass?

• Advertisement

No I mean when you have eaten carrots, I'm not talking eating SHAFT length jobs, but diced carrot, you can chew and chew, and always comes back up in one piece.

Ah sorry :P I think root vegetables take longer for your stomach to break down, which is why you're more likely to see them in your vomit (but the stomach lining thing holds too whether or not you have eaten carrots. If you've chewed and chewed your carrots to the point of being puree, they won't come back up as a solid).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Now your imagination is getting the better of you.

Carrots are a very hard food to digest because of the cellulose density in the veg. The human body cannot digest cellulose. The chewed carrots you have eaten, remain chewed. The don't come back as the pieces they were before you chewed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,411 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

No way! I'm amazed.

smash wrote: »
    Hey OP, if you inhale a cigarette and fart why doesn't the smoke come out your ass?

Good question, Lets see the boards crew answer that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭jasonmcco

When you eat soup which is kind of a liquid, how come you don't piss it out, or maybe you do I don't know, but say for instance I eat some oxtail soup why isn't my pee brown? Or that orange colour when I eat tomato?

would it not have been quicker to ask google :rolleyes:

jasonmcco wrote: »

Yes but google doesn't have the funny answers like you get here.

Only the serious answers, which you also get here but I like the mixture of the two. :D

Yes but google doesn't have the funny answers like you get here.

Only the serious answers, which you also get here but I like the mixture of the two. :D

Like soup really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

jasonmcco wrote: »

I think google would alsohave returned a series of disproving image macros.

AS WELL IT SHOULD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭BillyMitchel

Yeah I noticed that, was told that if your piss is that colour you don't need the extra vitamins from those drinks and you have enough, that's why it turns extra green.

Im not saying its true just what I heard

I take the tablet form, think they are a great energy boost in the mornings. I can definitely feel it if I don't take one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Soup is NOT a liquid. It's kind of an emulsion. They are solid particles, albeit very small particles of meat an or veg, suspended in water.

• Advertisement

Soup is NOT a liquid. It's kind of an emulsion. They are solid particles, albeit very small particles of meat an or veg, suspended in water.

Sounds like my balls in the bath

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

How come if you take methylene blue your urine goes green ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Sounds like my balls in the bath

F*cking brilliant :D

How come if you take methylene blue your urine goes green ?

Because blue + yellow = green :P

Seriously though, I'm not 100% sure on this one. I guess certain dyes must be capable of passing through the large intestine along with the water that is absorbed and make their way to the kidneys for excretion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Thinly veiled 'I like soup' thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

bbam wrote: »
    There's your problem right there...
    Your Eating Liquids, your confusing your body.. Try drinking liquids..

Have you tried Barocca, the vitamen yoks.. They make you piss pure orange in colour.

If you have that blue toilet duck down the toilet it then turns a fetching
    shade of green:D
    Apparently if you eat enough beetroot, your p*ss turns red.
    And if you drink lots of tea your intestines get stained yellow/brown....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

My brother used to think that food went into your head instead of your gut, based on the fact that if you eat ice cream fast you get a headache. That's still not as dumb as what the OP just said, and my brother was about 4 at the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

How come I doesn't piss out croutons?

Why do you put croutons in your mouth?

Insurgent wrote: »
    I had a lot of Guinness last night. I wasn't peeing it out today either!!

Keep it as long as you can for what it costs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Soup is NOT a liquid. It's kind of an emulsion. They are solid particles, albeit very small particles of meat an or 2 veg, suspended in water.

Fixed your post

Advertisement