Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend benders- bad news?

Options
  • 09-11-2012 2:16pm
    Site Banned Posts: 13

I was out last night with 6 lads from work, have today off so it was a no holds barred contest. Sucking down shots and pints until 3 am. I woke up today feeling surprisingly good considering the fact that I don't remember getting home. Anyway eating a bit of a fry watching some tv earlier I got a text from one of the crew from last night telling me he'd be over with a litre bottle Jameson soon to get things started for tonight. I of course said go for it.

The thing is we're off out tomorrow night as well and I'm sure there'll be whiskey on Sunday too. So what of these weekends spent in a cloud of drunkeness? Are they a symptom of an underlying problem or just a bit of craic as long as it's occasional?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

YOLO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

_88_ wrote: »
    I was out last night with 6 lads from work, have today off so it was a no holds barred contest. Sucking down shots and pints until 3 am. I woke up today feeling surprisingly good considering the fact that I don't remember getting home. Anyway eating a bit of a fry watching some tv earlier I got a text from one of the crew from last night telling me he'd be over with a litre bottle Jameson soon to get things started for tonight. I of course said go for it.

The thing is we're off out tomorrow night as well and I'm sure there'll be whiskey on Sunday too. So what of these weekends spent in a cloud of drunkeness? Are they a symptom of an underlying problem or just a bit of craic as long as it's occasional?

Once the underlying problem of hemorrhoids don't get too large that you can't sit without shuffling then you'll be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Personally, I think that wasting a load of money on overpriced drink and suffering for it the next day is a pretty shít way to waste a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yeah, be a bender 24/7, better for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

I got a text from one of the crew

Fo schizzle, dawg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

_88_ IS GOING ON A MAD WEEKEND BENDER WITH "THE LADS" AND WANTS TO TELL EVERYONE ABOUT IT!

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Go hard or go home

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The correct term is homosexuals ffs

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Ha ive been munching pills since last night.... seems this course of action shall prevail.

• Site Banned Posts: 13 _88_

Ha ive been munching pills since last night.... seems this course of action shall prevail.

You're on E?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

You're so cool, OP. I wish I were like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

what ever happened to drinking pints/ cans of beer?

bluewolf wrote: »
    You're so cool, OP. I wish I were like you.

http://www.savory.de/stus_blog_pix/sarcasm%20meter.jpg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

It's threads such this that shows up the chink in the "thinly veiled..." ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

Nah, myself and the lairy boys go facking mental every weekend.

Unless I'm pulling a booooooord, I'm ON IT as much as I can be!

*drives Honda Civic w/ alloys to nearest off licence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

"Crew."

OP must work on a ship. Ahoy mateys etc.

Or maybe he's a Ryanair trolley dolly, hence his obsession with benders.

Myself and two others are old friends from school and the other three all went to college with us so it's not like we'd be sitting in silence, but yeah the drink does help get things rolling, pretty sure we'd be a lot more reserved if we weren't all 9 pints in and bloody loving it!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollypet

Balls to the wall kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Myself and two others are old friends from school and the other three all went to college with us so it's not like we'd be sitting in silence, but yeah the drink does help get things rolling, pretty sure we'd be a lot more reserved if we weren't all 9 pints in and bloody loving it!

Ross? Is that really you?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Fuck the begrudgers and go for it but remember......The Fear will be bad on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Its not a problem op until you are boring everyone with a look at me Im so awesome I drank a whole weekend schpake . Oh hang maybe you and your crew should catch a meeting brath .

zerks wrote: »
    Fuck the begrudgers and go for it but remember......The Fear will be bad on Monday.

Yeah the fear's a big thing on the Mondi!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Would you not stay in and watch the Late Late Show instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

I detect a certain incoherence in your numerical accounting, OP. Your original post spoke of a bender WITH SIX guys, but the description above does not compute- several scenarios therefore present
    1. You have had an out-of-body experience and counted yourself twice.
    2. You have become so dissipated that you are hallucinating
    3.You work in banking/finance and are unable to count
    4. You are making this sh*t up as you go along, Dawwwwgggg.
    In any event, may I take this opportunity to wish you well in your endeavours, or, as your companions might say, party on dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Rob32

Joe prim wrote: »
    I detect a certain incoherence in your numerical accounting, OP. Your original post spoke of a bender WITH SIX guys, but the description above does not compute- several scenarios therefore present
    In any event, may I take this opportunity to wish you well in your endeavours, or, as your companions might say, party on dude.

Actually read OP, never mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭reginald

A bender with 6 lads ??

Blue Oyster bar is calling

Joe prim wrote: »

Wow...cringy.

reginald wrote: »
    A bender with 6 lads ??

Blue Oyster bar is calling

We're out on the gowl prowl I can assure you haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Doesn't sound like you actually work much... where are these lads from again?

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    Doesn't sound like you actually work much

Would love to know how you came up with that gem

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement