Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Medicine Applicants Thread 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Fiddles44

No, its not my first choice but i just would prefer to know what my options are at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭spacecat

Well, I'm living in hope that someone won't want their offer from UCC :rolleyes:

Fiddles44 wrote: »
    No, its not my first choice but i just would prefer to know what my options are at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SolitaireX

borrch wrote: »
    Congrads! Sure you probably wont receive it in writing until early next week :)

Did you get an interview with NUIG?

Yeah I got the interview with NUIG but I cancelled because it's on the same day as LC chemistry.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SolitaireX

Solitaire, I did too! I am assuming I am in based on the same mail! Congrats! My name is Simon by the way!

Just realised I never actually replied to you there, congrats to you too, I'm Hugh, guess I'll see you in October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

In super pleased for all of you!The exitement just bubbles out of your posts!

In Gonna start hpat prep soon for next year, looking at my cv I can't see anything else being the issue but that..

Hope you all love med school!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ruthiecahill

Anyone else get put on waiting list for RCSI? And, is RCSI most peoples 1st choice who got an offer from them? Just trying to weigh up my chances of getting in now....I am also living in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

Anyone else get put on waiting list for RCSI? And, is RCSI most peoples 1st choice who got an offer from them? Just trying to weigh up my chances of getting in now....I am also living in hope!

Did they tell you you were on a waiting list? I didn't hear any mention of a waiting list :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ultimatehero

People have to realise there is more to life than medicine!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

People have to realise there is more to life than medicine!!

Medgal23 wrote: »
    Ultimate hero, did u ring them or did they contact u? I tried ringing around 6 and didn't get through.... :/ congrats by the way! :)

Medgal, i rang them. Let me know how you do - but do remember there is more to life than this.

• Advertisement

Hrum, that's easy for you to say. You have your offer!!!:P

QUOTE=ultimatehero;84786282]Medgal, i rang them. Let me know how you do - but do remember there is more to life than this.[/QUOTE]

Fairygirl, yes there is. When I got a 2.2 in my degree, I thought that was the worst thing in the world, I was ineligible for the graduate entry, and I thought it was never going to happen. I even talked to my gp about being depressed!!! But then I began volunteering with the Samaritans, and lots of other things, which was noted in my medical school interview, and you begin to realise your problems are really only minor compared to what other people are going through. So dont become dispirited.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭PingO_O

Ultimatehero, I think people are well aware that there's more to life than medicine, and you may be trying to make them feel better,but this is a decision that will change the rest of their lives and as I'm sure you'll agree it's one that isn't taken at all lightly.

Someone who decides to take this path in life is surely dedicated and has their heart set on getting in, so flippant remarks like ah sure there's more to life than medicine don't really help at all.

Did they tell you you were on a waiting list? I didn't hear any mention of a waiting list :(

Yeah, I was told that I hadn't made it in, but that I was on a waiting list. I'd heard of people last yr who were put on a waiting list, but don't know how many are actually on it? :(

Did it tell you in the letter you were on a waiting list? Depending on where you are on on the waiting list you could have a really good chance, people can turn down RCSI because of fees if they get another offer, so it is good. Well done!! Maybe ring and see where you are on the list?

I heard no mention of waiting list, which means I obviously didn't even make it to that point which is a bit of a kick in the teeth :(

I actually have to read it properly when I get home tonight....am in Rome at the moment and got my sister to read letter to me over phone! I was pretty dispirited when she read it to me tbh

Ah, I'm sorry for u, tho u did great to get so many i interviews! I only got called for RCSI. What about UCD for u? Is there a chance u may get in on points?

I actually have to read it properly when I get home tonight....am in Rome at the moment and got my sister to read letter to me over phone! I was pretty dispirited when she read it to me tbh

Ah, I'm sorry for u, tho u did great to get so many i interviews! I only got called for RCSI. What about UCD for u? Is there a chance u may get in on points?

I haven't heard from UCD and amnt holding out much hope. Ill start my campaign for feedback next week and then ill be dusting myself off and reapplying next year!

I haven't heard from UCD and amnt holding out much hope. Ill start my campaign for feedback next week and then ill be dusting myself off and reapplying next year!

Don't write yourself off just yet. If you got called by all the other colleges, you have a good chance I'd say! We won't hear anything for at least another wk or 2 and sure in the meantime if you get feedback you might be able to work with that for a UCD interview, if you get called! :)

I'm still holding onto hope for UCD....it's my 1st choice and I'm currently a student there, so really crossing my fingers for both of us now! :)

Don't write yourself off just yet. If you got called by all the other colleges, you have a good chance I'd say! We won't hear anything for at least another wk or 2 and sure in the meantime if you get feedback you might be able to work with that for a UCD interview, if you get called! :)

I'm still holding onto hope for UCD....it's my 1st choice and I'm currently a student there, so really crossing my fingers for both of us now! :)

Aww, thank you, I hope you get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭livk

If anyone was going to contact UCC today, hold off until tomorrow. Martha is out until tomorrow. Noone was able to help me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Medgal23

I rang UCC today... Didn't get it, but on a waiting list... Anyone else put in a waiting list?? :/

Yes Medgal. I am on the wait list. :rolleyes:

Medgal23 wrote: »
    I rang UCC today... Didn't get it, but on a waiting list... Anyone else put in a waiting list?? :/

Medgal, which number did you ring? I'm going to try again, I guess I was just unfortunate with the woman I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Medgal23

Lynn bannon will give u the result....! Good luck!

Wait list for me, too.

Sigh....you have joined the 'wait list gang', lol

Lets hope that people will accept offers elsewhere. There will be a lot of movement over the next week I'd say :)

livk wrote: »
    Wait list for me, too.

Yeah, all we can do is keep our fingers crossed at this stage. *sighs*

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

Will UCC let ye know what your order of merit is on the waiting list?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 angel_fish

Hi all, I spoke with UCC yesterday and I'm in the waiting list gang too. Does anyone know the likely hood of being offered a placed?

• Advertisement

Hi Angel Fish,

Welcome to the gang ;). I guess it all depends on where you are on the list and if any of the 4 that have offers turn down their offer in favour of another Uni.

Its just a waiting game now, :rolleyes: I think the second round offers are the start of July. So, fingers crossed.

QUOTE=angel_fish;84843104]Hi all, I spoke with UCC yesterday and I'm in the waiting list gang too. Does anyone know the likely hood of being offered a placed?[/QUOTE]

Advertisement