Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Medicine Applicants Thread 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pearl13

Hi has anyone here been put on a waiting list for TCD?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭EternalGeek

I got a no from rcsi :(

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Fiddles44

I got a no from rcsi :(

Really sorry to hear that EternalGeek. Did they just email you?

To anyone waiting on a Galway interview I just rang them to cancel my interview there so if anyone is on the waiting list best of luck :)

Fiddles44 wrote: »
    Really sorry to hear that EternalGeek. Did they just email you?

I got a letter this morning telling me. Hope everyone else had better luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

So sorry to hear that eternalgeek..! :(

Your CV was brilliant, don't know why they would refuse you..?

To anyone waiting on a Galway interview I just rang them to cancel my interview there so if anyone is on the waiting list best of luck :)

I'm hoping I'll get an interview if enough people cancel theirs :o

Wishful thinking i know but sure ....

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭spacecat

UCC offers are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭SolitaireX

99% sure I got into RCSI, got a mail saying my offer was in the post, went to check: no post!

spacecat wrote: »
    UCC offers are out.

Did you get an offer ? :)

• Advertisement

SolitaireX wrote: »
    99% sure I got into RCSI, got a mail saying my offer was in the post, went to check: no post!

Congrads! Sure you probably wont receive it in writing until early next week :)

Did you get an interview with NUIG?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭livk

Did they call you from UCC or did you contact them?

livk wrote: »
    Did they call you from UCC or did you contact them?

I rand UCC. Got a no. I'm out for this year. Good luck all

I rand UCC. Got a no. I'm out for this year. Good luck all

Really sorry to hear this :( you worked very hard toward this all year, and it makes studying for the leaving cert very difficult, maybe you'll get an NUIG interview if enough people pull out..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭livk

So sorry to hear that. Really hope a Galway one appears for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭homergriffin

SolitaireX wrote: »

Solitaire, I did too! I am assuming I am in based on the same mail! Congrats! My name is Simon by the way!

Solitaire, I did too! I am assuming I am in based on the same mail! Congrats! My name is Simon by the way!

Congrads :) You should be really proud of yourself... ;)

Can i ask what kind of experience etc did successful candidates have? Just wondering what you all think is the main factor that got you a place? Good interview, academics, experience etc...I need to work on my application for next year..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 seekaay

livk wrote: »
    So sorry to hear that. Really hope a Galway one appears for you!

I got RCSI! Can't believe it! So sorry to hear about you guys that didn't get an offer yet, I will be cancelling Galway and turning down UCC if I get an offer.

Just keep at it and I'm sure you'll get it!

Well done on your offers. :D

I got a no from UCC but I am on a waiting list.

Can I ask folks.....is there anyone that got an offer from UCC but won't be taking it??? I live in hope ;)

seekaay wrote: »
    I got RCSI! Can't believe it! So sorry to hear about you guys that didn't get an offer yet, I will be cancelling Galway and turning down UCC if I get an offer.

Just keep at it and I'm sure you'll get it!

Well done ..!

Obviously i'm secretly thrilled because you're turning down NUIG :P YIPPEE there maybe a god ...!!!

• Advertisement

spacecat wrote: »
    Well done on your offers. :D

I got a no from UCC but I am on a waiting list.

Can I ask folks.....is there anyone that got an offer from UCC but won't be taking it??? I live in hope ;)

Sorry to hear that, but it only takes one person to refuse their place in UCC so hope is not lost ...fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ultimatehero

Sorry guys i really feel for those of you who didnt get a place, it is the most heart wrenching feeling i have ever experienced, it comes just before getting a 2.2 on my list. I got offered ucc, and it was my third year applying, and im so happy. Good luck to all of you in whatever you decide to do in the future whether thats reapply etc.

Sorry guys i really feel for those of you who didnt get a place, it is the most heart wrenching feeling i have ever experienced, it comes just before getting a 2.2 on my list. I got offered ucc, and it was my third year applying, and im so happy. Good luck to all of you in whatever you decide to do in the future whether thats reapply etc.

Congrads - does that mean you're turning down the NUIG interview? ;)

borrch wrote: »
    Congrads - does that mean you're turning down the NUIG interview? ;)

nuig havent even got back to me! I applied to all colleges and ucc were the only college that got back to me about an interview. If anyone wants any advice, id be happy to help, but bare in mind that i didnt get called for many interviews!

nuig havent even got back to me! I applied to all colleges and ucc were the only college that got back to me about an interview. If anyone wants any advice, id be happy to help, but bare in mind that i didnt get called for many interviews!

NUIG called people for interviews with a HPAT score of 169 or above (top thirty)

My score is 167, so i'm hopeful if enough people pull out of the interview that they might just ask a few more candidates... It's probably unlikely but i can still dream :p

Well done Ultimatehero, truly deserved after 4 years trying. 100% for determination..!

What do you think helped your application this time round?

borrch wrote: »
    NUIG called people for interviews with a HPAT score of 169 or above (top thirty)

My score is 167, so i'm hopeful if enough people pull out of the interview that they might just ask a few more candidates... It's probably unlikely but i can still dream :p

Well done Ultimatehero, truly deserved after 4 years trying. 100% for determination..!

What do you think helped your application this time round?

Definitely getting feedback! i mean plagueing them for it, like emailing them, requesting a meeting in person to discuss it. i had all the voluntary work, and i really think they gave me a place just so i wouldnt be back again next year again annoying them. it was my third year applying, cannot wait to be a med student!! probably with a bunch of immature 17/18 yo's but thats life. oh and i forgot about keeping watching those motivation videos on youtube! like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pEBz6PzF50. keep me posted about your situation!!

I'm so confused I got an email from UCC saying that it will be mid-next week before I can contact the admission office informally. Did everyone elses email say the same? Does that mean I've been offered a place?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Medgal23

Ultimate hero, did u ring them or did they contact u? I tried ringing around 6 and didn't get through.... :/ congrats by the way! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Medgal23

I got that too that's why I didn't ring again and now I've no idea!!

• Advertisement

Hi Fiddles,

Yes, I got the email also. However, I still rang Admin at UCC and they told me I'm on the waiting list.:rolleyes:

Is UCC is your first choice?

I'm so confused I got an email from UCC saying that it will be mid-next week before I can contact the admission office informally. Did everyone elses email say the same? Does that mean I've been offered a place?

Advertisement