Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why has customer service gone to pot lately ?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Madam_X wrote: »
    People face to face are generally not going to be as aggressive as they are on the phone.
    Ya reckon?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Where To wrote: »
    Is it not better to treat everyone fairly and equally rather than being a brick wall for some and a doormat for others?

I'm not having a go btw, a lot more people think they way you do than the way I do, I just couldn't work that way and couldn't abide anyone working with me having that attitude either.

It's not possible though. Time is limited and I can't give everyone the perks. And I'd rather give it to people who need it. Those who are recently bereaved or unemployed, people who are upset or confused etc than wasting it giving it to the person who is rude and obnoxious and who will be rude or obnoxious no matter what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppet84

I work in a call centre and I find customers make it very personal!

I get cursed at by some and get told I am very helpful by others.

I treat them all the same, as I have been trained to.

The problem is people want everything done for them instantly these days and moan about everything. They don't read up on things they sign up for properly! They think if they are agro they will get everything they demand.

Advertisement