Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passive aggressive things people do that annoy you.

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

krudler wrote: »
    this cunt --> :rolleyes:

Good god yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Where To wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea what passive aggressive means and I couldn't care less about finding out.

Wow! Relax there man. We're just having a discussion. No need to get all up in our shit about it.
    Is that being passive aggressive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

I hate it when someone gets some sort of a problem or an issue with you and instead of bringing it up and justing saying it out, they go about for example slamming doors and you know just by their tone that there is something up. You could cut the atmosphere with a knife. Maybe you might ask what's the matter? NOTHING, you're told and they continue as they are eventually exploding.

Ties in with above, I don't like those who expects another to be telepathic and you're expected to guess their issue.

In certain circumstances and contexts I don't like the words:
    - Fine
    - Okay
    I guess when its the word drawn out after asking someone for something.

I don't like the silent treatment/ignoring you for a problem or an issue. Just what exactly is one hoping to achieve and put across by ignoring you?
    Can you not discuss things?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 305 ✭✭Jimminy Mc Fukhead

I have absolutely no idea what passive aggressive means and I couldn't care less about finding out.

Thinly veiled I'm better than everyone and don't have to comprehend your thread comment :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Thinly veiled I'm better than everyone and don't have to comprehend your thread comment :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Link
    The trouble with the maples,
    (And they're quite convinced they're right)
    They say the oaks are just too lofty
    And they grab up all the light.
    But the oaks can't help their feelings
    If they like the way they're made.
    And they wonder why the maples
    Can't be happy in their shade.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Link

Apt username

Thinly veiled I'm better than everyone and don't have to comprehend your thread comment

Listen here Mr Mc Fukhead. Where To is a highly respected member of the boards.ie community and you'd do well to not make an enemy of him as his clique will mobilise and you will feel their wrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

People who chronically sulk and sigh
    People refusing to make decisions
    People who can't answer a question with a simple yes.
    Answers question all the time "with I don't know"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

people who use the word 'simples' are all cnuts and I hate them.

Here is an example of a passive aggressive reply to the above statement:
    Just ignore them. Simples :)

Doesn't that make you want to claw your own eyes out? I hate that prick :) smiley too, he's much worse than rolleyes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

This thread will soon explode due to the heavy unintentional irony in force

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

Attention-seeking muppet on Facebook: "At least now I know who my REAL friends are!"

Concerned friend: "Are you ok, what's wrong?

Attention-seeking muppet: "Nothing"

FFS!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Listen here Mr Mc Fukhead. Where To is a highly respected member of the boards.ie community and you'd do well to not make an enemy of him as his clique will mobilise and you will feel their wrath.
    A modern day warrior
    Mean mean stride,
    Today's Tom Sawyer
    Mean mean pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

phasers wrote: »

Doesn't that make you want to claw your own eyes out? I hate that prick :) smiley too, he's much worse than rolleyes

Nope, it reminds of those meerkat adverts (compyooter-ma-bob!) and I love them. It's just a reference to a silly puppet, you need to chillax (or is that being passive aggrssive as well?)

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Nope, it reminds of those meerkat adverts (compyooter-ma-bob!) and I love them. It's just a reference to a silly puppet, you need to chillax (or is that being passive aggrssive as well?)

you're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to mine. Simples :)

But... but.. I use >:)< in a 'happy for ya' or 'you're welcome' or 'good idea/suggestion' way.

Where's the paranoid smiley? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It takes a simple person to say "simples". Pisses me off.

Shryke wrote: »
    It takes a simple person to say "simples". Pisses me off.
    Is this love that I'm feeling,
    Is this the love, that I've been searching for
    Is this love or am I dreaming,
    This must be love.

Simples.

:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

People who leave passive aggressive notes really piss me off.

Shove it up yer hole.

The online equivalent would be naming your wifi something dickish.
    Note on fridge:
    Dear household,
    I am sick of you disgusting lazy c
    unts not washing up after yourselves, you have one day to learn before you find your dirty dishes in your bed, this includes pots, pans, plates, cups and teapots. If you have a problem with this I am happy to discuss.
    Sincerely, Hayden.

Reply, on fridge:

Hayden,
    I like the way you think, let's discuss this further.
    Get your people to call my people and we'll do lunch.
    Love, Ben.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I'm not sure if this qualifies as passive aggressive or not but when you are sitting down at a computer and someone comes up behind you and announce their presence by slapping you on the back. fcukin hate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Remmy wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this qualifies as passive aggressive or not but when you are sitting down at a computer and someone comes up behind you and announce their presence by slapping you on the back. fcukin hate that.
    I think it qualifies as wankerish behaviour.

• Advertisement

But... but.. I use >:)< in a 'happy for ya' or 'you're welcome' or 'good idea/suggestion' way.

Where's the paranoid smiley? :(
    It can vary depending on the context but generally that smiley says 'I am so much better than you in every way'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

krudler wrote: »
    this cunt --> :rolleyes:
    I hate that prick :) smiley too, he's much worse than rolleyes
    Why do people get worked up over smileys?

I love :rolleyes:, I think it implies sarcasm in a 'yeah right' way as opposed to being offensive.

Surely :) is happy.

Maybe it's just me:confused::eek:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Any grievance that involves a text message, especially the text message that deliberately contains snide, semi-hidden reproach.

Text messages were designed for convenient niceties when the recipient might not be able to take a call, to make mundane arrangements for coffee dates, and facilitate teenage break ups.

They were not designed for airing your personal bitterness in a way that avoids having to suffer the pain of confrontation where your hysterics might come undone, or prove unfounded. I abhor these sorts of messages.

The same applies to facebook messages or emails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Is this love that I'm feeling,
    Is this the love, that I've been searching for
    Is this love or am I dreaming,
    This must be love.

Simples.

:):)

You've taken a grand lyrical bent lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

It pains me to admit it, but I left a passive-aggressive note for my housemate last year. I had tackled him about the issue face to face so many times, but he was spectacularly dim and it never did stick so one day I flipped. The note read "Please put your dishes IN the dishwasher, rather than ON TOP OF IT! It only takes a few seconds extra. Thanks."
    I found it crumpled in the recycling bin.

Passive-aggressive notes do not work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Furious_George

Passive aggressive sucks. Aggressive aggressive is where its at.

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGH I'll kill you all :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

See don't we all feel much better. Except that ive killed you all and am now talking to myself. Awkward :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

See don't we all feel much better. Except that ive killed you all and am now talking to myself. Awkward :(

You sure do seem furious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Furious_George

Suas11 wrote: »
    You sure do seem furious

Nah its all lies, I'm a happy chappy really. Don't tell anyone or else :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭caste_in_exile

Never wilt to it, and pull em up on it instantly in case they think that's gonna be accepted as the norm.. in fact I'd probably leave them right there having detected that attempted method of control but it's hard when it's family, as opposed to friends such treachery is simply not in my armoury and I blame the popularity of the gallagher bros some for claiming to always be fighting as a selling point / hiatus excuse, but that Irish cliche they played up to may well be true..

We all need a healthy ego, I guess but that's a sad way to go about it for otherwise thick coonts. Not the way to get ahead

Advertisement