Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passive aggressive things people do that annoy you.

Options
  • 06-11-2012 8:43pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭

For me it has to by lmgtfy.com

I just imagine the person going to all the effort of getting a wanky 'let me Google that for you.. now, was that so hard?' link when they could have actually answered the question for the same amount of effort saving people from clicking away from the page. I imagine their smug faces as they think they are so clever doing something that everyone got sick of in 2009.

What passive aggressive tactics in real life or on the internet grind your gears?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Smilingly reciting some petty rule that defies all common sense and makes me want to stand on their nose. Usually when I'm attempting to fill in some stoopid form or other. Usually perpetrated by smug, arrogant, dopey bints behind some official counter, safe in the knowledge that should I so much as mildy protest, they can cry harassment and call security, etc etc. Think along the lines of "Anger management" - "Stop shouting at me SIR".. Classic example was some git at the entrance to a Zoo informing me that my twelve year old was actually an adult for admission price purposes... feck off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

What's that? :confused::confused::confused:

Wait forrrrr it...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Wait forrrrr it...

Oh you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I offer to give people a lift and then I deliberately make sure they are late and if they try to hurry me up I say 'Okay fgs I'm the one doing you a favour - don't be so precious'.

Then I secretly revel in their frustration and internalised anger and give them no opportunity to vent it by being super nice to them while giving the lift.

Nasty eh?

Is this a good example of passive aggressive behaviour? (below)

Bloody bitch :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

People who leave passive aggressive notes really piss me off.

Shove it up yer hole.

The online equivalent would be naming your wifi something dickish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Wait forrrrr it...

This seems to be an abbreviation of the phrase "Let me google that for you". A poster may say this to another poster on a forum so as to demonstrate the perceived laziness or lack of awareness of another poster, so as to gain positive peer recognition from others and an inflated sense of worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

People who leave passive aggressive notes really piss me off.

Shove it up yer hole.

Fine, be like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I like to trip people as they walk past me. Am I doing it right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    I like to trip people as they walk past me. Am I doing it right?
    Yes, but only if you smile and say they had somthing on their foot you were trying to get off for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I abhor passive aggressive people they are the biggest wankstains on the planet.

A girl I know from previous work always smiles in a really patronising manner if I'm disagreeing with her about something work-related (she was completely and utterly **** at her job and didnt make it past probation) and chuckles (yes actually chuckles) and says something like "oh fiery women... I'll let you work through whatever it is that's bothering you yourself before we talk about this".

C**t.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

People who answer simple questions in an over sarcastic way.

Like Father Jessop from Father Ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

I hate the way people passive-aggressively try to position themselves to the front of the queue at the bus stop. Especially in the mornings when it's going to take 5-6 busses before one even stops and then only lets on a handful of people.

People come to the bus stop, see that's packed with people and start off standing at the very edge. Then slowly start positioning themselves closer. As the bus comes over the horizon all bets are off, and they try to put themselves as close to where the doors will open as possible - if there is a big group to the left side, they run to the right - if there is a line going straight back - they try to squeeze in the side.

Drives me mad. 9 times out of 10 it's some old lady or some college kid who, despite just showing up, feels they are more important than everyone else. Naturally, they won't come out and say it, or even just walk to where the bus is going to stop - they try to be as sneaky as possible about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

UCDVet wrote: »
    I hate the way people passive-aggressively try to position themselves to the front of the queue at the bus stop. Especially in the mornings when it's going to take 5-6 busses before one even stops and then only lets on a handful of people.

People come to the bus stop, see that's packed with people and start off standing at the very edge. Then slowly start positioning themselves closer. As the bus comes over the horizon all bets are off, and they try to put themselves as close to where the doors will open as possible - if there is a big group to the left side, they run to the right - if there is a line going straight back - they try to squeeze in the side.

Drives me mad. 9 times out of 10 it's some old lady or some college kid who, despite just showing up, feels they are more important than everyone else. Naturally, they won't come out and say it, or even just walk to where the bus is going to stop - they try to be as sneaky as possible about it.
    This from the man who expects his bag to have its own seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Have you ever thought about buying a car or something

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

When the bus arrives, I walk to the front doors. I think it's a bit dim not to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I despise passive aggressiveness in people. Someone I know was seriously pissed off at me and when I confronted him he said nothing was wrong and everything was fine, throughout the whole day he'd be subtly dropping sly comments and digs and being reserved, yet everything was fine.

Have a go at me directly like a normal person so we can move on with it or piss the fvck off! :mad:

1ZRed wrote: »
    I despise passive aggressiveness in people. Someone I know was seriously pissed off at me and when I confronted him he said nothing was wrong and everything was fine, throughout the whole day he'd be subtly dropping sly comments and digs and being reserved, yet everything was fine.

Have a go at me directly like a normal person so we can move on with it or piss the fvck off! :mad:

Was this the guy who told you he loved you and then had to endure you ignoring him for a while?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Pissy emails sent to the entire office when there was clearly only one intended target. The subject matter is usually beyond trivial and the wording overly formal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

Thank you good sir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Was this the guy who told you he loved you and then had to endure you ignoring him for a while?:cool:

Are you being passive-aggresive about her passive-aggresiveness in a thread about passive-agressiveness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I have absolutely no idea what passive aggressive means and I couldn't care less about finding out.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

What passive aggressive tactics in real life or on the internet grind your gears?

None , People will be nasty when they feel insecure and incomplete , thats they own business , how i react to it , is my business and they have no power over that . when people act like an ass i feel sorry for them becasue they must be feeling bad inside them to carry on like that .

I suggest reading "the 4 agreements " i have it on audiobook , you can pick it up on this new invention , it's called google . LOL

take care

figs

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Are you being passive-aggresive about her passive-aggresiveness in a thread about passive-agressiveness?

His, actually:D. And no, Redzer will get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭santana75

This is like one of those russian dolls..... passive aggressive behaviour within a thread about passive aggressive behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Thinly veiled passive aggressive comment.

His, actually:D. And no, Redzer will get it!

Yes, I reluctantly get it :p

It was him, though I didn't ignore him, I did my best to keep it up but fvck me it was tiring so I legged it :o :pac:

1ZRed wrote: »
    Yes, I reluctantly get it :p

It was him, though I didn't ignore him, I did my best to keep it up but fvck me it was tiring so I legged it :o :pac:

And he still loved you ;):D. He sounds like a keeper!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

this cunt --> :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

And he still loved you ;):D. He sounds like a keeper!

Feck off :mad: :D

He'd better love me that way because there wasn't a hope I was taking him! :pac:

Advertisement