Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If the government asked you....

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

yes i would but it better work and anyone that needs a bed gets an effin bed!no excuses.

ps anyone know how much 1% would raise in working year? just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Bite me, I will not pay 1 extra cent. Sean Quinn owes us €500 million, get that fúcker to tell us where he hid it and put it towards the hospital. Let him rot in jail until he does.

O'Reilly says it'll cost €500 million to build and be completed in 2018. Mods, mark this post for 2018 cause the hosiptal will only be 3/4's finished and at least €1 billion will be spent by that stage.

We love the overruns for Government projects in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,851 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

to agree to a 1% increase in the Standard Rate of Income Tax for (say) the coming three years to facilitate faster delivery of the Children's Hospital, would you tolerate it?

Yes if there is a 2% increase in the higher rate and a 1% increase in capital gains tax too

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

This government wont ask us for anything, they just take take take.

But IF they did ever ask I wouldnt give them a red cent. Sure ain't they charging me a yearly charge to live in a house i broke my balls to buy and pay back as it is?

Fcuk your childrens hospital

Advertisement