Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you support the Quinn family? (poll attached)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

wonder if the guys out in protest today still got paid..... and when there are jobs cuts the will wonder why!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

If I was a multi billionaire, I wouldn't gamble it all.

He was never Ireland's richest man or had that staggaring amount of wealth because it was all being borrowed and wasn't his. The likes of JP McManus have still largely retained their actual/personal wealth and are even profiting.

That fool never had enough himself to amass such a title of "richest man".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

1ZRed wrote: »
    He was never Ireland's richest man or had that staggaring amount of wealth because it was all being borrowed and wasn't his. The likes of JP McManus have still largely retained their actual/personal wealth and are even profiting.

That fool never had enough himself to amass such a title of "richest man".

Sean Quinn was worth 4.5 billion in his financial prime, he ended up being in hock for 4 billion. It doesn't take a magician or genius to work out the overall loss...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

cantdecide wrote: »
    What prompted IBRC to pursue payment in full when the Quinn Group were profitable and in a position to stand over the terms of the loans?

Something just doesn't add up

They might have guessed that Quinn and his family would do exactly what he's in prison for doing, as in try and move any assets out of the IBRC or the Courts reach to actually gather those debts and instead be stuck with the bankrupt parts of Quinn empire while Sean sits on a hot beach sipping cocktails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

me bollix

• Advertisement

Sean Quinn was worth 4.5 billion in his financial prime, he ended up being in hock for 4 billion. It doesn't take a magician or genius to work out the overall loss...

Wow condescension, a very likeable quality in a person. Whatever keeps you and your horse happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

1ZRed wrote: »
    Wow condescension, a very likeable quality in a person. Whatever keeps you and your horse happy.

Why are you targetting me? I've been on a different forum, diffeent thread, yet no matter what I say, you'll comment? Please, leave AH as it is! a place that has many opinions without someone feeling haunted!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I honestly don't understand how anyone can support them. Quinn was directly involved in all the shady cronyism which went on in Anglo and bears responsibility along with FitzPatrick, Drumm and the rest of them for bankrupting not only Ireland but the wider European banking system.

What's to support? The guy is a crook.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I can only assume those voting "Yes" thought this was the Children's Referendum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Whats better the 1 billion?

2billion

• Advertisement

Why are you targetting me?

Eh, I was referring to this post above.
    I've been on a different forum, diffeent thread, yet no matter what I say, you'll comment? Please, leave AH as it is! a place that has many opinions without someone feeling haunted!
    Right. G'luck thinking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Being 'worth' 4 billion is a completely different thing to actually having that 4 billion to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

31 yes voters at this point :rolleyes:

He got off lightly if you ask me.

Quinn and every member of his family who benefited from this fraud should remain in Jail untill all possible assets are returned to the taxpayer.

Its a sad reflection of the country that there is actual supporters of a greedy gambler such as Quinn. It appears it will take another few generations before this country actually matures.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

No. Don't care if the guy created employment in Cavan and Fermanagh (which seems to be his supporters' argument despite the fact it is in no way relevant), he's costing every person with an insurance policy money now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

There are still people on this earth who will argue that the Holocaust never happened, that the priests never raped the kids, that the earth is flat, that the world is controlled by giant lizards, and that the Quinn family are victims!
    Thankfully they are few and far between!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

MadsL wrote: »
    No Atari Direct option?

No "you're ****ing kidding right?" option either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

It's interesting that none of the people voting yes are contributing any kind of arguement to defend them...

BizzyC wrote: »
    It's interesting that none of the people voting yes are contributing any kind of arguement to defend them...

There is no way to defend them without sounding like a parochial-gombeen-ignoramus ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

BizzyC wrote: »

Its probably because they are embarrassed to defend them. Make the poll public and I doubt they would have the balls to vote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

Its a stupid question and a stupid poll.

We could have a poll on

Do you support Anglo Irish Bank?

Its meaningless.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭The Dagda

There are still people on this earth who will argue that the Holocaust never happened, that the priests never raped the kids, that the earth is flat, that the world is controlled by giant lizards, and that the Quinn family are victims!
    Thankfully they are few and far between!

You're comparing the people who support the Quinn family with holocaust deniers, priest raping kids deniers, flat earthers, and people who believe that lizards control the world?!

Rational.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

at the sound of the tone there will be exactly 36 trolls on boards.ie

beeeeeep.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    Its a stupid question and a stupid poll.

We could have a poll on

Do you support Anglo Irish Bank?

Its meaningless.

Youre right it is a stupid poll with a stupid question. It shouldnt even be a question. People shouldnt be supporting them considering they are criminals.

May aswell stick up a poll asking people do they support thieves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

The Dagda wrote: »
    You're comparing the people who support the Quinn family with holocaust deniers, priest raping kids deniers, flat earthers, and people who believe that lizards control the world?!

Rational.
    I am indeed, and I would say the the supporters of the Quinn gang are the least lucid and least rational of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The Dagda wrote: »

Rational.

Yes, because the common factor is that they're all deluded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

No. People who support him talk about him like he's some kind of saint. I know he gave badly needed areas employment, but he wasn't thinking about the people who lived there, he was thinking about how much of a money maker it would be for him. And when it suited him he gambled those jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

No, I'd not support then. Having said that, I'm not with them, but I'm don't necessarily have it in for them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The whole sean quinn and family thing just shows what people really are deep down. He created a jobs in cavan so those people back him up. Doesnt matter what else he did.

Reminds me of the savage eye sketch:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭corkoian

Hogzy wrote: »
    Youre right it is a stupid poll with a stupid question. It shouldnt even be a question. People shouldnt be supporting them considering they are criminals.

May aswell stick up a poll asking people do they support thieves.

If you don't like the poll, you know where you can go!

Advertisement