Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you support the Quinn family? (poll attached)

Options
  • 05-11-2012 10:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭

As the title suggests, do you support Sean Quinn and his family?

Do you support the Quinn Family? 84 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 84 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

corkoian wrote: »

Well I'm paying the insurance levy & the Anglo bail-out loan. What else do you want? Shirt off my back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Not in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I see no poll

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

No . Cant see a poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

NO!!!!!!!!

That is all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

squod wrote: »
    Well I'm paying the insurance levy & the Anglo bail-out loan. What else do you want? Shirt off my back?

You can still afford a shirt? Flash Git.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭ruffmut

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

To the people who support them:

What the f*ck is wrong with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

What prompted IBRC to pursue payment in full when the Quinn Group were profitable and in a position to stand over the terms of the loans?

Something just doesn't add up

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭finnegan101

cantdecide wrote: »
    What prompted IBRC to pursue payment in full when the Quinn Group were profitable and in a position to stand over the terms of the loans?

Something just doesn't add up

Didnt they need 700million in financing.... and debts of 4 billion..... with that sort of debt and more important with an underfunded insurance company, the risk i presume was on the individuals whom have cover with them...
    there are limits and exposure requirements in relation to insurance companys..
    didnt he say he was going to pay back every penny... and then move the money out!!!

profit doesnt mean as much as you might think... ie... in 2008 the last returns by the company showed profit of 69million.... but an equity loss of over 220 million.... in 2006 profit aound 330 million closer to where it need to be....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Someone on the radio the other day literally said that no man deserves to be in jail and away from his family on Christmas day.

Nearly crashed the car with laughter.. then realized they were serious and did crash it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

No Atari Direct option?

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Didnt they need 700million in financing.... and debts of 4 billion..... with that sort of debt and more important with an underfunded insurance company, the risk i presume was on the individuals whom have cover with them...
    there are limits and exposure requirements in relation to insurance companys..
    didnt he say he was going to pay back every penny... and then move the money out!!!

profit doesnt mean as much as you might think... ie... in 2008 the last returns by the company showed profit of 69million.... but an equity loss of over 220 million.... in 2006 profit aound 330 million closer to where it need to be....
    You could buy a lot of wedding cake with 700 million

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

10 people vote yes. :eek:

What dafuq is wrong with you people????????

lol indeed... bet the coward who ran to the north feels gd now as the only one to run ;-)
    Not with his family for chistmas @ my name is URL....... sure he probably will be.... all together with the warden in the prison ;-) hope car ok... hope you wernt with quinn insurance.... or it you were it would be good filling in the form cause of accident ;-)

MadsL wrote: »
    10 people vote yes. :eek:

What dafuq is wrong with you people????????

probably his buddy wallace and barrett...and.... how many more in the technical group that isnt a technical group....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

Yes. because in reality I'd have done the same.

As would the lot of you.

I'd probably not have tried the whole I AM INNOCENT CARD THOUGH.

Thats were we differ though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

I have wished only bad things for Quinn for many a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I'd do exactly what he done if I was in his position without a doubt.
    Do I think he should get away with it? Hell no. He got caught. Fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

I'd do exactly what he done if I was in his position without a doubt.
    Do I think he should get away with it? Hell no. He got caught. Fool.

If I was a multi billionaire, I wouldn't gamble it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

corkoian wrote: »

Sean and all his Quinnlings can go fúck themselves as far as I'm concerned. Because I really couldn't give a flying fúck about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

If I was a multi billionaire, I wouldn't gamble it all.

I suppose there's that to it aswell. But im a greedy git so I would :L

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

I'm sure the argument for the yes camp is that Sean Quinn single handedly broke Anglo. The tw@ts is government decided to bail out their bust Anglo friends when they should have let it and them fail, without receiving a single penny of state aid

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

flanzer wrote: »
    I'm sure the argument for the yes camp is that Sean Quinn single handedly broke Anglo. The tw@ts is government decided to bail out their bust Anglo friends when they should have let it and them fail, without receiving a single penny of state aid

It's mental... by saying he shouldn't be in jail the same people are excusing the wrongs of the banks and corrupt officials. These things are symbiotic, and the machine can't turn with a missing cog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Greed is a terrible thing... Desire is natural... How many of you have had any amount of cash and got just a taste of what its like to have money? Just to head into a shop and not worry about the cost of what you want to buy?

How many of you want that top of the range 5 series? but would love that 7 series with more technology than the shuttle? Yet when you get that 7 series, you want more? You want to drive that Bugatti Veyron? Its not through greed, is it? you just keep reaching for something! Is that not what life is about? I know theres a limit. But when people get a wee bit mad, they really do reach for the stars. Its not iggnorance towards life, it isn't drowning yourself in unlimited wealth, but a part of life.

Which one of you can say or state to me or anyone in this room or on this planet, that no matter how much you love life and how much wealth it could bring, would you be happy? When we reach a limit unto which we feel content or ultimately happy, is that the definition? Can we reach that limit? Lads, a part of life is not being content. It is neither through greed or satisfaction! Anglo, as do all the bankers, convinced a self made billionaire risk all, simply through making a person feel the need to acquire more, on an unlimited scale.

regardless of money, banks.etc... right or wrong ..... contempt of court is contempt of court...if they dont enforce that what in gods name is the point of court!!! how can any one argue that !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

No, because I believe in the rule of law and due process, I don't believe a man should be exempt from this because he created jobs in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,316 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Reckon most of the yes votes are people taking the piss. I wonder how high the yes would be if it was an open poll.

flanzer wrote: »

to a certain extent yes... but didnt the credit unions have their money there too... and all the ikle olde ladies....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

coolhull wrote: »
    You could buy a lot of wedding cake with 700 million

Only one if you're Sean Quinn's daughter, though.

Advertisement