Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Britain has invaded 9/10 countries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Actually a few of those nations on that list they have also been at war with as they were part of the Russian Empire so as soon as that nation was attacked they were all attacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Are we talking about British soldiers or English football fans here :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Suas11 wrote: »
    I would like to see them invade the Vatican City

Because of the scary Swiss guards. They would bate the bejesus out of them with their pykes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,004 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Peppa Pig wrote: »
    Are we talking about British soldiers or English football fans here :confused:

The football fans only invaded the pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

In fairness the Brits did save us from Gerry twice the last 100 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

ezra_pound wrote: »
    Up to a third of the British army were usually Irish so I think that comment says more about the state of this country under British rule.
    50,000 peole every year are leaving Ireland, so what does that say about the state of this country since Independence?

Ryan? He wasn't that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,577 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Yep it was just Britain, if you look into the history really carefully you'll see that the USSR and America etc. weren't even involved with the allies... it was just made up:pac:

coolhull wrote: »
    50,000 peole every year are leaving Ireland, so what does that say about the state of this country since Independence?

Says they must be doing well if they can afford the flights out of the country out of their own pockets...no need for chain migration these days no siree:pac:

Blay wrote: »

Yep it was just Britain, if you look into the history really carefully you'll see that the USSR and America etc. weren't even involved with the allies... it just a conspiracy:pac:

Yeah but during battle of Britain period USSR had no impact on western front and US were still not at war so Britain literally was only defence.

• Advertisement

Yeah but during battle of Britain period USSR had no impact on western front and US were still not at war so Britain literally was only defence.

The BOB wasn't fought to protect the Irish, it was fought to save their own skins...the fact we avoided possibly being invaded due to a British victory was secondary to that

The BOB wasn't fought to protect the Irish, it was fought to save their own skins...the fact we avoided possibly being invaded due to a British victory was secondary to that

At least Paddy Finucane wasn't being narrow-minded when he took part.

Battle of Britain 1940, France was already invaded, Hitler hadn't yet invaded Russia, and America hadn't joined the War, so, yes, Britain was the only country that stood between Ireland and the Nazis (not that the Nazis would have bothered with us, they had enough on their plate)

Battle of Britain 1940, France was already invaded, Hitler hadn't yet invaded Russia, and America hadn't joined the War, so, yes, Britain was the only country that stood between Ireland and the Nazis (not that the Nazis would have bothered with us, they had enough on their plate)

Exactly

ejmaztec wrote: »
    At least Paddy Finucane wasn't being narrow-minded when he took part.

An opinion which differs from your own= narrow minded..gotcha:)

I've nothing against the British but they didn't save us from the Axis powers, they didn't even save themselves, they won the BOB due to the ineptitude of the Germans in pressing home their advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

Exactly

and the irish army were wearing german helmets....

i though that may have been a bit dodgy......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The FOURTH page and nobody has mentioned that the research was done by Stuart Laycock. I'm ashamed of you all. Go to your rooms and think about what you've done.

I've nothing against the British but they didn't save us from the Axis powers, they didn't even save themselves, they won the BOB due to the ineptitude of the Germans in pressing home their advantage.

yes, stupid germans........ten million of them killed......lebensraum...for poland........how bloody stupid.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

yes, stupid germans........ten million of them killed......lebensraum...for poland........how bloody stupid.....

Yeah... imagine invading industrial countries where they had rifles. Sure anyone with a bit of sense and go off and find a place where they've bows and arrows or maybe a few muskets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

I think you will find that Poland and the Polish Airforce, plus the Free French also contributed enormously during 1940 and 1941.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_contribution_to_World_War_II#Air_force
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-British_personnel_in_the_RAF_during_the_Battle_of_Britain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

When they invaded all those countries they went to the local Irish bar to celebrate.

Think the Irish publican has invaded more countries than the Brits ever did, the Irish pubs are fecking everywhere abroad you go to!

kowloon wrote: »
    The FOURTH page and nobody has mentioned that the research was done by Stuart Laycock. I'm ashamed of you all. Go to your rooms and think about what you've done.
    My bad. Sorry. the research for the original article was carried out by Stuart Laycock.... Hope that clears things up

I'm glad that you understand that your opinion is narrow-minded.

I'm glad that you understand that your opinion is narrow-minded.

http://static.tumblr.com/v4vvd40/m75lmpfhe/tumblr_llgaeahjah1qiyqyfo1_500.gif

Hey guys, chillax, anyone remember what the original thread was about?

Nodin wrote: »
    Yeah... imagine invading industrial countries where they had rifles. Sure anyone with a bit of sense and go off and find a place where they've bows and arrows or maybe a few muskets.

you mean like the irish immigrants in america......who still have the land.....

brit hatred is an embarrassment to your country.......makes it a laughing stock.....

most of the world has got on with their lives and future......

V_Moth wrote: »
    I think you will find that Poland and the Polish Airforce, plus the Free French also contributed enormously during 1940 and 1941.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_contribution_to_World_War_II#Air_force
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-British_personnel_in_the_RAF_during_the_Battle_of_Britain
    Not arguing, but the Polish were pretty much pre-occupied with their own difficulties in 1940

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

you ..........and future......

Classic bit of point missing there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

When did they invade Kazakhstan? Or Turkmenistan for that matter?
    Borat wouldn't let them

Advertisement