Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Male Grooming Gift Set.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Carrollman

Cheers OP.. Great spot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Is this set meant to come with a guide comb set for the mini trimmer? It mentions a 6 setting guide comb in the manual but nothing like that came in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

none left in cork:(

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

cheers OP... reserved last one in jervis

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I reserved on in Omni with the intention of getting it for my brother, he informs me he already has 3 sets like it. If anyone wants the one I reserved you can PM me for the reservation number. Otherwise it will rotate back into stock on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

the missus just tried her haircutting skills on me and it works great, highly recommended.
    Especially after the crap haircut I got off a barber 2 weeks ago......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Ditto Omni, have another reservation, reserved one for son but his dad still has one I bought him a few yrs back. So if anyone needs a res no, pm me cheers. I'll be about till 2pm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Right.never got a text through to my mobile from Argos.

Went to Argos in Omni and showed them that I had rang the Argos number on my mobile.

They told me that I should have got a reserve number and text to my mobile.

I said I never got either.

So Ive come back home empty handed.:(:mad:

Can anyone help me out here please???

Does anyone have a reserve that they now dont need???

Anywhere in Dublin would be great.

Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Have you checked the Argos website? I'm sure you have. They show at least five available in one store within Co. Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Soarer wrote: »
    People can just use the stock checker to see if it's available!

^^^^^^

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

There's a discrepancy between that Checkargos site and the Argos website. argos says there are 5+ in LiffeyValley yet checkargos says there is 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭SJ.

EDIT - Now gone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

I've one for Navan that I'm going to be under pressure to get to by close of business today. Any takers, PM. Otherwise it'll just roll back into available stock from tomorrow.

Have a spare reservation for Mahon Point if someone (one of the 'tees!) want it!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'll take it.

(Sorry Tee's :) )

Rights lads and lasses.I got 1 in Argos Swords this morning.

They are listed in the Argos catalogue for 17 euro 24 cents too.

The lady said there was plenty in stock too,as its in their catalogue.;)

PS-Thanks to the people who PMed me with their reserve number.

Im sorted now,so you can let someone else have your reserved item now.:)

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I'll take it.

(Sorry Tee's :) )

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

I've one for Stephen's Green before it closes this evening if anyone wants it. Not going to make it in.

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    I've one for Stephen's Green before it closes this evening if anyone wants it. Not going to make it in.

I'd like this if still available. Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

PM'd

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

Markjsca1 wrote: »
    PM'd

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

anyone else got one for swords?

I've gotten quite a few PMs about the reservation number for omni, but as I'm not online a lot I haven't seen them until now.
    The first person to PM me with a mobile number will have it sent to them by txt.

And it's gone....that was quick :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

I have one for Cork - Queens Old Castle if anyone wants to PM me?

Well I have to say the BaByliss V2 is the mutts nutts.

Flew through my hair with a grade 1 cut in about 10 minutes from start to finish.:)

So I got the Wahl grooming set and the BaByliss V2 cheaper in Argos than what the BaByliss costs alone in Tesco.

RESULT.:D

Oh and thanks again to the OP.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Looks good but it's wired and I want a cordless one. I already have a wired shaver which works grand but I do want to find a cordless one with the other little trimmer accessories..

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Absolutely amazing piece of kit. Best and quickest head shave I've ever had and nice beard trim too. A steal at €17. Thanks OP.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Picked this up and tried it tonight but disappointed so returning.
    I had a number 2 cut last week so used the number 2 attachment, no hair was cut! I had a look and whilst the length of the attachment is fine, the distance between the hair and blade is not true 2 length as there are two protruding screws on the head of the unit that the attachment lies on which extend the cutting length by a few mm.
    I looked around for an old Philips clipper we have and the number 2 was the same length but because the top of the clipper was flush with the blade the number two took off loads of hair.
    Hard to get across on email but basically the number 2 is not the same as number two from a barber, I had a look at the number 1 but it look way too tight.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

There's a little lever thing at the top that retracts the blades to tighten the cut, did you try adjusting that? I don't use the 2 so if it's not right for you maybe best to get something else. The 1 is very tight alright. I've gone through quite a few different clippers over the years and these are the best I've ever used.

Advertisement