Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Airport.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Irishlad2014

CPO going in in the next week or so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Deiseen

CPO going in in the next week or so

As in "done and dusted" or just the application?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Gardner

Dum_Dum wrote: »

Eddie Mulligan / Matt Shanahan's love child and the News & Star's finest won't be happy with the good news and a bit of positivity

Gardner wrote: »
    Eddie Mulligan / Matt Shanahan's love child and the News & Star's finest won't be happy with the good news and a bit of positivity

Embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Honestly have a ****ing word with yourself. Petty minded pathetic excuse of a contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,402 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Good the planning process is moving forward but again all I’m really seeing is coulds and maybes. Have they got commitment from an actual carrier fir example?

road_high wrote: »
    Good the planning process is moving forward but again all I’m really seeing is coulds and maybes. Have they got commitment from an actual carrier fir example?

Probably some way off that yet but hopefully talks are ongoing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

I don't know if they have a commitment from an airline or not - but I'd say promises from low-cost carriers are not worth anything anyway. What would be more substantive is a commitment from, say, Dublin Aerospace (they may have this already). Less fickle, more stable and offering better paid jobs. Nothing stopping the airport from developing further ancillary services down the line e.g. freight, leasing, training.

I don't know if they have a commitment from an airline or not - but I'd say promises from low-cost carriers are not worth anything anyway. What would be more substantive is a commitment from, say, Dublin Aerospace (they may have this already). Less fickle, more stable and offering better paid jobs. Nothing stopping the airport from developing further ancillary services down the line e.g. freight, leasing, training.

Yea I did hear that- Dublin airport is congested and space at a premium-aircraft maintenance is space hungry so WAT being the closest airport to Dublin makes total sense- I hope it happens as the jobs would be high quality skilled trades. Can move them back and forth between Dublin relatively easy too.

Where’s the house they need to CPO? I can see two houses on google maps way up off at the northern end beside the main road. Is that one ?

• Advertisement

Looks to be another large farmyard right at the southern end of the runway too- landing jets will be flying right over them too

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Muttley79

If this is to go ahead I hope the management of Waterford look into 2/3 big cities in Europe and 2/3 seasonal flights for holiday destinations,we can’t solely rely on London all the time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

Trotter wrote: »

and.. I was able to leave my house an hour before the flight from Waterford and still fit in a coffee in the airport

That seems a little fast?

Muttley79 wrote: »
    If this is to go ahead I hope the management of Waterford look into 2/3 big cities in Europe and 2/3 seasonal flights for holiday destinations,we can’t solely rely on London all the time

I think Knock is a fairly realistic template- they have a good range of UK, a few European and holiday routes.

I think Knock is a fairly realistic template- they have a good range of UK, a few European and holiday routes.

Yeah I think knock and Kerry airport would be a good template for Waterford to start out with providing they get the support from both government and a carrier airline

Honestly have a ****ing word with yourself. Petty minded pathetic excuse of a contribution.

some very delicate souls on this forum. you ok hun?

Are you okay is the question that needs to be asked, anyone looking back over your posting history on the Waterford forum would probably conclude you are one of those people who never forgets a sideways look in your direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭curmudgeonly

Yea I did hear that- Dublin airport is congested and space at a premium-aircraft maintenance is space hungry so WAT being the closest airport to Dublin makes total sense- I hope it happens as the jobs would be high quality skilled trades. Can move them back and forth between Dublin relatively easy too.

Where’s the house they need to CPO? I can see two houses on google maps way up off at the northern end beside the main road. Is that one ?

Apparently one householder came to an agreement but the other didn't hence the CPO, such is democracy.

Apparently one householder came to an agreement but the other didn't hence the CPO, such is democracy.

So those two houses must go? They look relatively new- how on earth did they get planning permission there if the long term goal was an extension?

A complete lack of integrated planning by the council?

• Advertisement

So those two houses must go? They look relatively new- how on earth did they get planning permission there if the long term goal was an extension?

Built over twenty years ago, they would not get planning today as the Airport are notified of all and every planning within it's zone of influence, sh1t happens I suppose ,tough on the people living there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Built over twenty years ago, they would not get planning today as the irport are notified of all and very planning within it's zone, sh1t happens I suppose ,tough on the people living there too.

The CPO is a brutal tool but you can expect that they got a fair price, especially for houses at the end of a runway.

I'd say in their heart of hearts they always knew this was coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

hardybuck wrote: »
    The CPO is a brutal tool but you can expect that they got a fair price, especially for houses at the end of a runway.

I'd say in their heart of hearts they always knew this was coming.

it still must be a difficult thing to accept, being forced out of your family home

Built over twenty years ago, they would not get planning today as the irport are notified of all and very planning within it's zone, sh1t happens I suppose ,tough on the people living there too.

Just checked them on Google images alright- one looks like a "bungalow bliss" type bungalow (popular late 70s) so probably built well before the longer runway was envisaged or even the airport itself.
    The farmyard at the other end is very close too but by the looks of it it'll be a northern end extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    it still must be a difficult thing to accept, being forced out of your family home

No doubt about it. Wouldn't like to be in that position myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Teebor15

Both houses were built around the same time 30 years ago. The airport and runway were there before this time so you wonder why they would want to build right under the flight path with regard noise, safety and the risk of the extension which is what they are a victim of now.

Not sure what they hope to achieve by holding out for CPO.I don't know anything about the process but am I right in saying they will probably get less than what they were offered privately. Either way tough on anyone who is forced to move where they have lived for most of their lives. Hopefully they will find an alternative site/house which they will be happy with.

Runway extension will be both ends. South side is all sorted with land already acquired and planning granted a few years ago.

I'm surprised DLS_75 and his cronies havn't blamed John Halligan yet for the council leaving them build there 30 odd years ago and now the poor people houses been CPO'd :D

https://www.wlrfm.com/2019/12/16/waterford-airport-shane-ross/
    Talks of starting work this summer.the sooner it happens the better.hopefully with the airport getting the green light and the north quay developments this is going to change Waterfords fortunes at last

IMG-20191217-WA0002.jpg Signs of movement

• Advertisement

excellent. hopefully by this time next year it will be fully complete.

Advertisement