Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abercrombie and ****ing Fitch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

^^^^Hahaha YESSSS!!!:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

No recession in Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Paully D wrote: »
    http://eu.abercrombie.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=11556&storeId=19159&categoryId=84605&parentCategoryId=84605&topCategoryId=84605&langId=-1

Nice clothes IMO but the prices are insane.

€25 for a pair of boxers, they'd want to have a fanny magnet attached to them for that price!

Ridiculous price for a pair of jocks, I know, but some pairs by CK or Armani could be €40 or more just for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I wear some of there stuff I got as presents, love them personally but their prices are crazy! Only thing I regularly buy is there cologne as it is fúcking amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I have never been in one of their shops, nor have I any desire to, and that includes this one. I wouldn't even recognise their stuff if it walked past me.

Still getting over that poor eejit in the red jacket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

recession me hole.
    never have or will set foot in a wanker shop like that. it'll probably be closed within a year since their target market are fickle dopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just had a look at the website,nothing there interests me,rather spend my money on something useful such as food,€180 for a hoodie:eek: they can feck off back to America.

They make very good looking and high quality clothes that are actually designed to fit rather than hanging off you the way a lot of people wear their clothes. They are also excellent value if bought in america.

I'm a big fan of both A&F and Hollister, nearly all my polos, t-shirts and shirts are either A&F or Hollister. There is nobody making clothes as nice or with such a good fit imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Hazys wrote: »
    This is what ticks me off. Why do you like A&F?

I never said I lik A&F as an overall brand. I dont like any shop per se, I like clothes that look good, I wear all brands of clothes from Primark to Ralph Lauren or whoever. I wear clothes that I like and that look good on me.
    Its poor quality,
    Its not, I have had abercrombie sweat pants for 5 years that are still perfect and unbelievably soft after countless washes.
    overpriced
    In Ireland it is definetly overpriced, but if you are in the states its reasonable value for the quality of the goods. But the Irish prices are a joke.

un-stylish
    Thats purely subjective, Their jeans, chinos, shorts and their shirts are really nice, and VERY stylish.
    and a brand aimed to sell to teenagers in the US.
    Its not, So what? Just because they are marketed towards teenagers doesnt mean I can buy them. Grow up.
    There is a million better options out there that are better quality and stylish for the same price.
    So what, If I like A&F then I like it full stop. I know there are other shops that have nice things, I shop everywhere.

The reason you may like it is due to peer pressure, advertising and a desire to be like the cool kids off the OC (btw Californians don't generally wear A&F).
    I think this is the exact reason you dont like it. Its just clothing buddy, your reading into the marketing a bit too much.

You remind me of those people who listen to one genre of music and critisise others for listening to different genres. I have literally every genre of music on my iPod. I like what I like and I dont consider the opinions of narrow minded individuals, like yourself, when deciding what I wear, listen to, watch, read etc.
    You need to grow up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

What exactly is there to be jealous of? The logic of that is that the naysayers have no money and if they had, they'd spend it on A&F. But who's to say they've no money? And if they don't, why would they spend it on A&F if they did have money? :confused:
    Tbh, I could afford it, but I think it's a waste of money for generic-looking casual wear for exercising/lounging around in, which I could pay much less for and thus make savings to go towards clothes/shoes I prefer.

But if a person genuinely likes the stuff, their opinion. Doesn't seem unreasonable to question why though. And queuing up for the stuff and going hysterical for it and viewing it as stuff to "aspire to"... well that's silly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

What's the big obsession with A&f clothes? Every second dickhead seems to be wearing their clothes. It used to be a D4 thing now it has spread like wildfire. Was listening to the radio earlier and they mentioned A&F opened a new store in Dublin this morning and people were queuing up for hours. :rolleyes:

Don't see how its any different from the dudes queing up to get their hands on the new iPad/iPhone whatever..

Whatever you're into and well, if you're that desperate to have to be there to be the first to buy it or see it, so frickin what.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

They make very good looking and high quality clothes that are actually designed to fit rather than hanging off you the way a lot of people wear their clothes. They are also excellent value if bought in america.

I'm a big fan of both A&F and Hollister, nearly all my polos, t-shirts and shirts are either A&F or Hollister. There is nobody making clothes as nice or with such a good fit imo.

Yes there is. They're called the Chinese. By any chance do you know if the Abercrombie stuff is made in China?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

They're definitely not **** or anything

Look at them. Standing there waving like gob****es.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Cill94

A&F stuff is most likely made in the same factory (somewhere in Asia) as stuff that is of just as good quality and far cheaper. You're essentially paying for the logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Cill94 wrote: »
    A&F stuff is most likely made in the same factory (somewhere in Asia) as stuff that is of just as good quality and far cheaper. You're essentially paying for the logo.

The Audi R8 and the Audi A1 are made in the same factory. Whats your point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Hogzy wrote: »
    The Audi R8 and the Audi A1 are made in the same factory. Whats your point.

I'd imagine the point is that the A&F clothes and the cheaper clothes are identical and the extra price of the A&F clothes is just for the logo, whereas I'd sure that the two Audis are different cars, with different components.

The two cases aren't comparable then.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I'd imagine the point is that the A&F clothes and the cheaper clothes are identical and the extra price of the A&F clothes is just for the logo, whereas I'd sure that the two Audis are different cars, with different components.

The point being made is two things can be made in the same factory even by the same people but not be of the same quality.

Better materials and designing your design and production process to meet a spec and not a strict price plays a big role. Sticking with cars, an Audi A1 is designed and produced to meet a price and it shows. An Audi A8L is designed and produced to meet a spec and it shows both in the price and the quality of the car.

The point being made is two things can be made in the same factory even by the same people but not be of the same quality.

Better materials and designing your design and production process to meet a spec and not a strict price plays a big role. Sticking with cars, an Audi A1 is designed and produced to meet a price and it shows. An Audi A8L is designed and produced to meet a spec and it shows both in the price and the quality of the car.

The important part:
    Cill94 wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Banana Republic's better! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Furious_George

kincsem wrote: »
    I am a shareholder in Abercrombie & Fitch (only 200 shares worth ~$6k).
    Read this and use Google. They aim at young teenage girls, the herd mentality.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/fashion/2012/apr/28/abercrombie-fitch-savile-row

Im not having a go or anything but if you have strong feelings negative about a&f perhaps you should sell the shares. U as a shareholder are one of the owners of the company. Ill take em off your hands for 75% of the current market price :-).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭caste_in_exile

All I know is in my day it were bands, now it's all bland brands

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Not much different to Nike clothes really, made for pennies and sold for a fortune. Nike Air max's are worth a few euro leaving the sweat-shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Not much different to Nike clothes really, made for pennies and sold for a fortune. Nike Air max's are worth a few euro leaving the sweat-shop.

Yes, and like A&F clobber Nike Air Max have there own stereotype attached to them! Horrible looking, overpriced runners worn mainly by tracksuit wearing "undesirables" as a poster a while back put it:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭caste_in_exile

My proudly british cousin who aspires to be a wholesome yank preppy loves this stuff, he is beyond bland for his age but not the age.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I have an abercrombie hoody and superdry tracksuit bottoms. Which type of fossil fuel should I use to burn them? Should I just ignite myself instead? Oh right! Put them all on and THEN ignite myself. Win win!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

They're both just overpriced Skodas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I thought their gear was good quality, though I wouldn't know how long lasting it is, I don't own any.
    That said, their clothes have no great design and are quite unfashionable if you ask me.
    Their prices are ridiculous and unjustifiable.
    Their perfume wasn't even that nice.

The staff are robots and can't say anything but "what's going on?" or "what's up?" to their customers.

I won't be visiting again anytime soon.

I have an abercrombie hoody and superdry tracksuit bottoms. Which type of fossil fuel should I use to burn them? Should I just ignite myself instead? Oh right! Put them all on and THEN ignite myself. Win win!

If you like them, you should continue to wear them. I don't think anyone's suggested taking such extreme action against clothes one genuinely likes. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

If you like them, you should continue to wear them. I don't think anyone's suggested taking such extreme action against clothes one genuinely likes. :confused:

Sorry for the confusion, I was not at all being serious. If anyone thought it was possible to escape judgement from others, they'd be wrong. I couldn't give a **** if someone sees an abercrombie logo (as it happens I didn't buy them myself but had no natural disinclination to them) and assumes I'm a gimp. The way I think about it is, maybe some people don't actually put too much thought into their clothes as social tools.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Sorry for the confusion, I was not at all being serious. If anyone thought it was possible to escape judgement from others, they'd be wrong. I couldn't give a **** if someone sees an abercrombie logo (as it happens I didn't buy them myself but had no natural disinclination to them) and assumes I'm a gimp. The way I think about it is, maybe some people don't actually put too much thought into their clothes as social tools.
    I think people are saying it's the social tools that are putting too much thought into their clothing

Advertisement