Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

2 packages arrived this morning, one for Harley and one for Phoe. Thank You!!

I hope Harleys SS wasn't too worried because the package was delivered to my neighbour 2 days ago and she forgot to drop it in. It didn't get lost in the post or anything :D

I'm veeeeeeeery tempted to peel back the envelopes to have a peek :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭BullBauld

anniehoo wrote: »
    Beanies arrived this morning \0/ \0/, with the cutest little card. I hear bells too, he's gonna go bananas when he hears it.

You opened the card? That's cheating :p

I'm gonna open Rufus' just a small bit so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

A package just arrive at the clinic, a quick shake suggests a box within a box. No clues there then. On behalf of Cordelia thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

BullBauld wrote: »
    You opened the card? That's cheating :p

I'm gonna open Rufus' just a small bit so :pac:
    Ah the card isnt cheatin, :p that goes on the mantlepiece with the others. Pressies under the tree, cards opened and displayed thats how it always works in my gaff.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭cjf

One package arrived yesterday :-) not sure who its for but afraid to open it until 'the day' in case I ruin the surprise! Defo for one of the dogs though it has a woof woof on the package! ;-) woop woop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

Ah the card isnt cheatin, :p that goes on the mantlepiece with the others. Pressies under the tree, cards opened and displayed thats how it always works in my gaff.:D

If I put ANY prezzies under the tree they won't last 5 minutes, let alone until Xmas !! :D

...... actually, does anyone have any tips for a Staffy-proof tree ?????:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Package arrived for Peach this morning while I was at the doc's so my dad opened it, loads of little individually pressies, thank you whoever you are!! Had to tell my dad it was one of my college friends sending stuff down :P

LisaO wrote: »
    ...... actually, does anyone have any tips for a Staffy-proof tree ?????:eek:

We've been lucky so far. I think it's because we have them in the room with us while it's going up so it's not a big "OH WOW" when they walk in. Usually a good long walk before we get the tree and a warm room has them sleepy, then we leave the tree for a little while with no ornaments so they can sniff away to their hearts content. Once the ornaments go on we still let them sniff, but not get in under or move anything and for the first few days they aren't allowed in the sitting room on their own.

Otherwise a fire guard might help you?

Have you had problems before or are you anticipating them :D?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I'm just heading down to the village now to post mine.
    Had a parcel this morning which I opend as I thought it was something that I'd ordered for my daughter and there was a dog toy in there, no card or name of dog though so I'm going to assumme based on the size of it that it's for my springer :D

It has been hidden on top of the bureau to deter my thief getting it before he should :p

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote: »
    We've been lucky so far. I think it's because we have them in the room with us while it's going up so it's not a big "OH WOW" when they walk in. Usually a good long walk before we get the tree and a warm room has them sleepy, then we leave the tree for a little while with no ornaments so they can sniff away to their hearts content. Once the ornaments go on we still let them sniff, but not get in under or move anything and for the first few days they aren't allowed in the sitting room on their own.

Otherwise a fire guard might help you?

Have you had problems before or are you anticipating them :D?

Thanks for the tips. It will be Leon's first Christmas,so we are trying to think ahead..... how to minimise the damage from a very speedy bull-in-a china-shop :D

It will be interesting trying to decorate the tree with him trying to steal everything. Staffies just aren't very careful, are they? I remember our first dog, a black lab was so smart he ate all the chocoate decorations off the tree but stll left the foil & little strings hanging:rolleyes: I have visions of Leon just grabbing a branch & dragging the tree around the room :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Posted mine yesterday, nothing arrived here yet, someone almost got a kitten in their's!:eek:
    As it is she is missing some hair from the sellotape!

Thanks for the tips. It will be Leon's first Christmas,so we are trying to think ahead..... how to minimise the damage from a very speedy bull-in-a china-shop :D

It will be interesting trying to decorate the tree with him trying to steal everything. Staffies just aren't very careful, are they? I remember our first dog, a black lab was so smart he ate all the chocoate decorations off the tree but stll left the foil & little strings hanging:rolleyes: I have visions of Leon just grabbing a branch & dragging the tree around the room :eek:

Nope not a bit! A friend recently described Phoe as "an elegant pig" :D that shows how dainty he is god love him.

Maybe a kong on a bed close to you while you're doing the tree will allow him be part of the whole decorating process but still keep him occupied. You might be surprised! Either way you're going to have a fun Christmas!

If I put ANY prezzies under the tree they won't last 5 minutes, let alone until Xmas !! :D
    Yeah, while i said "under the tree" i actually meant "in a locked press out of the reach of pee" as if it was really left under the tree there'd be god knows how many pee stains on it by opening day :rolleyes::o

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭tazwaz

Mine finally went in the post today :-) but...when I got home I found the card on the kitchen table :-( I'll post that Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I'd up that bet if i were up, you could make a small fortune off your Mam here. Your SS is very reliable....:D

It came! But now she denies knowledge of a bet, surprise surprise :P

Thank you mystery sender! Can't wait for the 22nd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

tazwaz wrote: »
    Mine finally went in the post today :-) but...when I got home I found the card on the kitchen table :-( I'll post that Monday

I did the same, I thought I was deadly slipping out of the clinic to get to the post office, walked back in and the first thing I seen on the desk was the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

Same here! I was delighted with myself skidding into the post office just in time today, and when I was walking out I remembered I didn't put in a card :o

I got a secret santa today, one in, one out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Had a peak at the cards since anniehoo declared it not cheating, Secret Santas didn't reveal themselves.. boooooo :P :P

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

just received a packet for ROUX omg I'm so excited

I must not open the pressies
    . . .

there is card with "ROUX" written on the enveloppe lol so cute

also on the packet written "woof woof, a bone has be drawn and xmas santa written on it

the face of the post office employee was just priceless !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

So did everyone get their Secret Santa? The only presents under my tree are for the pets :-)

I'm expecting everyone to receive their pressies by the middle of this week. But, if you don't receive them by Friday please let me know by PM ok. Nobody seems to have had any problems so fingers crossed all goes to plan ;)

I'm expecting everyone to receive their pressies by the middle of this week. But, if you don't receive them by Friday please let me know by PM ok. Nobody seems to have had any problems so fingers crossed all goes to plan ;)

I'm sorted mine are under the tree

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Got my two and mine were posted at the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Just got parcel for Sandie!!! Oooh so exciting, going straight under the tree!!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Collected a parcel from the depot this morning, not sure if it's for missy or willow so thanks from both of them :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Jessie got hers this morning! A huge box. :-) . Can't wait to get my two to unwrap them now!

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

Just had a catch up read.. Chewbaccas secret santa gave themselves away! :)

Just had a catch up read.. Chewbaccas secret santa gave themselves away! :)

I had a good guess at one of mine too when they mentioned their day of posting:D

Is there gonna be a big reveal. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Las says thank you

Advertisement