Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stoning an ambulance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

But the kids they have nothing to doooooooo, the have no facilitieees. They need more youth cluuuuubs and facilitieeees.

Its not I'm afraid. You just know by the look of em. Its in there brain chemistry to act like thugs. No amount of youth clubs or anything like that will change it. Maybe a few years in then joy with the prison queens in the showers might cop them on a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

wprathead wrote: »
    unfort this **** has been happening for generations- hell who do you think the parents of these lil ****s are?!

Whoa! calm down with the emotions there!! I can't stand the little bakstards that did that no more than any decent person...Get a grip!!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

slarkin123 wrote: »
    A lot of the time the parents are just as bad. I take my kids to my mothers for Halloween cause it's usually much quieter and kids can trick or treat without fireworks been thrown at them. When i got home, about half 8, there were 4 fathers throwing bangers and fireworks at each other with a bunch of their kids running around.

I had a father and son throw fireworks at myself and girlfriend about 3 years ago (two days before halloween) they opened the window to their house and lobbed them out and closed the window before you could see them. I led the local garda to the house and caught them red handed. Into the squad car and taken to the station and they moved out about a week after Halloween. Happy days :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

alfa beta wrote: »
    Maybe someone can enlighten me - then again maybe they can't....

One of Cork's northside suburbs was notorious for stoning anything, and especially buses, in fact buses used to stop servicing that community from early evening.

A local radio station, night DJ took up the cause and played the song "The wheels on the bus go round and round until they reach K........ SMASH!!! Played every ad break and soon there was a torrent of protests, ironically to that radio station's rival morning show.

After a week of protests the parent said there would be no more stoning if the other station stopped playing that record.

It worked, so there can be results if people stop being PC and take the issue by the scruff of the neck and slap it around the face with a wet trout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Firemen should pull up to their houses and burn them down.

When they come running out of their houses the paramedics should then kick the shìte out of them and stick defibrillators up their arses set at the highest settings.

Light the little fùckers up like a Xmas tree.

LMFAO!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

Witnessed a dublin bus being stoned by scumbags yesterday. One of them caught a woman walking by in the head with one of the stones they threw. Not surprisingly they did the same thing when an ambulance showed up. Was funny to watch them sh*t their pants when the garda came up behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Some type of chemical contraceptive "additive" should be added to cans of Dutch Gold. We'll see the benefits in 25 years time. I have a dream...

Can I just say that only a few months ago a skating park and a bandstand in Waterford weree vandalised by scumbags of the highest order. The thing is, "these" scumbags didn't come from a "poor" or socially "starved" part of the community. Maybe some did...I'm not truly aware of the facts.

It doesn't matter if they come from the inner city or a popular part of the suburbs. Come 10 years time and I ressurect this post and anybody that has young kids at this moment in time, experience them running rampant and at their wits end! It's not a case that kids from a "disadvantaged" background will be one swear word from an ASBO. They all come in different shapes and sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Whoa! calm down with the emotions there!! I can't stand the little bakstards that did that no more than any decent person...Get a grip!!!!

dude I wasn't having a go at you at all, apologies if it came across that way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

I would more than happy to stone any smart arses who attack the ambulance service when they are trying to do their job.

wprathead wrote: »
    dude I wasn't having a go at you at all, apologies if it came across that way

No need to apolgise lad, not needed...I regret if i responded in any fashion that suggested such. It was not my intention. All's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Celticfire wrote: »
    Kids will be kids...

The little scamps..
    When they're big enough, they'll be throwing concrete bricks at trains...
    areyawell wrote: »
    Anyone who looks, sounds or acts like a knacker should be handed over the Taliban
    What makes you so sure that they won't be the Taliban?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I really hope it isn't a sign of things to come?!?! If kids (of whatever age), throw stones at an ambulance...what kind of planet will live in when they reach adult age? It's bad enough now, but wth individuals like that being amongst the general population in 10 yrs time...Christ!

Obviously a world without ambulances!

Some of the other posters are right though - it has been going on since time began - I remember walking down (d)Aungier Street in our lovely Capital back in the early 90's hearing the lovely little kiddies from the nearby state provided accommodation out entertaining themselves on some wasteground by pelting rocks at the passing double deckers and not a fvck was given about the passers-by in between them and the buses. They were probably the mammies and daddies of the little sh!ts who are at the same thing today.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

If the people that did this were shot on sight, would society be any worse off?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Why is it Halloween when we hear about this?

Do they not do it during the year at any other time?

If not, that's some strange logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

they are clearly youngsters whom are devout followers of shariah law,they are stoning the ambulances because there are two female medics onboard without a man to monitor any wommanly inapropriate behavior,or a man in the back with a female in front.
    god help them if they happen to be flying a kite as well,the kids will be getting their blunt butter knives out for a good old decapitation session.

Obviously a world without ambulances!

Some of the other posters are right though - it has been going on since time began - I remember walking down (d)Aungier Street in our lovely Capital back in the early 90's hearing the lovely little kiddies from the nearby state provided accommodation out entertaining themselves on some wasteground by pelting rocks at the passing double deckers and not a fvck was given about the passers-by in between them and the buses. They were probably the mammies and daddies of the little sh!ts who are at the same thing today.

How can I argue with that? If only life was that simple! Can you imagine a world where we tarnish every community with the same brush...I was no angel in my youth, in fact....most friends I know, weren't! We have scumbags fooking stones at buses and because of that its an expected norm through the rest of the country.

I grew up, as did my friends. And believe me, my friends kids haven't inhereted their parents juvenile traits. There's more to Ireland than the capital!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

If the people that did this were shot on sight, would society be any worse off?
    It would improve the gene pool overnight and save the country on the welfare that people like that live on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

bring back public humiliation

I vote for stocks in all town centres, and a euro charge to throw some rotten fruit at the little feckers

this would help the economy and give some good cheer to general public

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Animals, simple as.

On a side note.. No sooner had the Local Council finished building a lovely tree house up in the playground near Mountview in Dublin 15 last week than the local fulltards lit it on fire.

And these are the exact people who will complain when their own offspring turn out feral due to the lack of 'fizilisheeeees for da kids' in the area.

Wouldn't be so bad really only there are a huge amount of normal decent folk living in the area as well.. it's a pity everyone has to suffer because of the few rotten eggs in the basket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

How can I argue with that? If only life was that simple! Can you imagine a world where we tarnish every community with the same brush...I was no angel in my youth, in fact....most friends I know, weren't! We have scumbags fooking stones at buses and because of that its an expected norm through the rest of the country.

I grew up, as did my friends. And believe me, my friends kids haven't inhereted their parents juvenile traits. There's more to Ireland than the capital!

Argue what - these are all facts except for me surmising as to the origins of the latest brood of skangers. Also the example I experienced happened in Dublin - would it make you feel better if I said it happened it Claremorris :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

xzanti wrote: »
    Animals, simple as.

On a side note.. No sooner had the Local Council finished building a lovely tree house up in the playground near Mountview in Dublin 15 last week than the local fulltards lit it on fire.

Speaking of fire, just seen this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056795804 . Garda car set on fire and a home invasion by armed gunmen in Celbridge, crazy stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭james142

gurramok wrote: »
    Speaking of fire, just seen this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056795804 . Garda car set on fire and a home invasion by armed gunmen in Celbridge, crazy stuff!

Thats just sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

From the RTE website this morning - in usual 'halloween emergency call outs' article.

I just don't get it - why would anyone, no matter how moronic, throw stones at an ambulance....?

I mean is their a twisted skanger logic that sits behind such an attack?

Maybe someone can enlighten me - then again maybe they can't....

Inner city scumbags, whose parents should have been sterilised.

Why bother posting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Can remember that in Galway by NUIG during RAG week. Think it was towards Firemen though.

Lack of consequences + entitlements

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭caste_in_exile

gurramok wrote: »

It happened in the 80's too. Those guys are in their 40's now if still alive, a lifetime of skangerism.

must have bn an isolated case, only heard of this culture post 1990 maybe even 2000 seems a strictly scanger phenomenon I dunno what the glue heads got up to in their jumpers, with their flagons but I'd not heard of attacking emergency services.. and you'd hear of it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Public Service workers. And ye want to cut their money? Who else would do this kind of job?

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Why bother posting this?

coz I wanted to know what other people thought - and as I said in the op, I was wondering if there was any form of twisted logic that sat behind such (imo) bizarre behaviour.

I mean I can understand for example why gardai might be a target - as they represent a form of authority that skanger-boy would obviously see as the enemy.....but an ambulance.....I'm still as dumbfounded!

btw, why bother replying?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

OP you will be lucky to get a bong big enough to stone an ambulance.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

btw, why bother replying?

mind......blown!