Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stoning an ambulance

Options
  • 01-11-2012 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

From the RTE website this morning - in usual 'halloween emergency call outs' article.
    An ambulance was stoned by a group of youths as paramedics returned to Beaumont Hospital with a patient

I just don't get it - why would anyone, no matter how moronic, throw stones at an ambulance....?

I mean is their a twisted skanger logic that sits behind such an attack?

Maybe someone can enlighten me - then again maybe they can't....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Idiots be indiotin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

The net result of generations of chronic inbreeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Celticfire

Kids will be kids...

The little scamps..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Scumbags. Simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

I don't get it either op. It's the same with the fire service. Even though I certainly would not condone violence towards police I can understand that certain members of society see them as just "ruining their fun". Is that they just see flashing lights and see a target of opportunity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Firemen should pull up to their houses and burn them down.

When they come running out of their houses the paramedics should then kick the shìte out of them and stick defibrillators up their arses set at the highest settings.

Light the little fùckers up like a Xmas tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Ambulance/Fire crews should have an extra man on board for halloween, armed with a shotgun loaded with beanbag rounds. Anyone throwing stones at the ambulance gets a beanbag round to the chest. Problem solved.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Hedgemeister

And the little beggars will have even more 'Rights' after the referendum

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Ambulance/Fire crews should have an extra man on board for halloween, armed with a shotgun loaded with beanbag rounds. Anyone throwing stones at the ambulance gets a beanbag round to the chest. Problem solved.

Pick me! Pick me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Not sure about the ambulance having a bean bag gun. :eek: It's an ambulance after all, their priority is to get people to the hospital pronto. Fire brigades on the other hand should be free to use a colour dyed water cannon and rubber bullets at will.
    Anyone injured in such situations should be refused ambulance service and arrive in hospital as a walk in wounded. Let them go home or where ever else they might want to go after their hi jinks red handed, and clothed. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Some people just want to watch the world burn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Kids like that should be removed to state care. Their parents are clearly doing it wrong. Take em away and raise em half right, while docking Mr and Mrs scumhole's welfare payments to cover some of the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I hate knackers. I think ambulances and fire engines should be equipped with a gunner cabin so the little fcukers can be taken out for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

They'd be the type of people who'd be straight on the phone looking for an ambulance or a fire truck if a problem arose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

Celticfire wrote: »
    Kids will be kids...

The little scamps..
    Toerags of the highest order

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Its the sirens and the flashing lights

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

or a bagzooka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Pyr0 wrote: »
    They'd be the type of people who'd be straight on the phone looking for an ambulance or a fire truck if a problem arose.
    No, they're the kind of low life who phone Adrian Kennedy to complain about police brutality after getting hit because they threw a petrol bomb at the fire brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

To be quite fair, I think that applies to anyone who has access to a phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I don't know Halloween just brings out the stupid in people

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

It's just such a scummy thing to do- usually I can understand the motive if the activity is even slightly fun or entertaining.
    How on earth is wrecking and endangering an emergency vehicle in any way funny? Like what's the entertainment value in potentially stopping an ill or injured person from getting treatment?
    It scares me when I truly can't understand even a little bit how these sub-humans think...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Firemen should pull up to their houses and burn them down.

When they come running out of their houses the paramedics should then kick the shìte out of them and stick defibrillators up their arses set at the highest settings.

Light the little fùckers up like a Xmas tree.

the thing about modern defibrilators that paramedics use is that they won't shock if they detect some rhythm, so they'll have to kill them first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Scioch wrote: »
    Kids like that should be removed to state care. Their parents are clearly doing it wrong. Take em away and raise em half right, while docking Mr and Mrs scumhole's welfare payments to cover some of the cost.

Think of their rights! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Grayson wrote: »
    To be quite fair, I think that applies to anyone who has access to a phone.

You know what i'm trying to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭slarkin123

A lot of the time the parents are just as bad. I take my kids to my mothers for Halloween cause it's usually much quieter and kids can trick or treat without fireworks been thrown at them. When i got home, about half 8, there were 4 fathers throwing bangers and fireworks at each other with a bunch of their kids running around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Only said this piece of Halibut was good enough for Jehovah.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

You know what i'm trying to say.

Now you're ruining my fun. ;)

back on topic. This is why I think there should be minimum sentancing for people who attack first responders. Especially Fire and ambulance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

The underclasses are just different to us, in that they're scum and we're not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

Grayson wrote: »
    Now you're ruining my fun. ;)

back on topic. This is why I think there should be minimum sentancing for people who attack first responders. Especially Fire and ambulance.

I agree completely. A mandatory 6 month jail term should be imposed for anyone caught doing this. This shouldn't exclude young teenagers.

Advertisement