Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R4i Gold

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

I rang them and your man said that there is a backlog and that it will maybe arrive on Mon but if not after Christmas.:(

Did u pay for express delivery? Or regular post?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The Birdman

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Did u pay for express delivery? Or regular post?

regular post! But I thought I had enough time as I put the order in on the 13th and got the shipped mail on the 17th! What way did you pay for?

Paid around 15 euro for express delivery with DHL, I think it was.
    That was for 2-3 business days delivery.

I actually ended up getting 2 cards for the same price in the Ilac Centre so that was grand. Suppose I'll just have to sell on the other 2 if they ever arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

I actually ended up getting 2 cards for the same price in the Ilac Centre

Hi B Man. Can you let me know where I can find the R4i's in the Ilac..? Will be looking for one after Christmas. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

Paid around 15 euro for express delivery with DHL, I think it was.
    That was for 2-3 business days delivery.

I actually ended up getting 2 cards for the same price in the Ilac Centre so that was grand. Suppose I'll just have to sell on the other 2 if they ever arrive!

+1 would like to know where in the Ilac as well.

• Advertisement

Go into the Ilac from Moore st, and its the first booth in the middle of the floor. Rectangle thing with a window on side. Couple of Asian blokes in there that'll do ya a deal if u buy more than one, and get an SD card with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭chubbyathy

kaiserjim wrote: »

Came in to ask the same question. Did you get one anyway op? If anyone else can recommend a seller Id appreciate it.
    Ds supergames on face book very good seller and comes with warranty and usually next day delivery they
    from Ireland

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Found I actually had an R4i card, bought one of a dodgy chinese lad ages ago. It's definitely R4i, and shows up most of the time on my 3DSXL dashboard (with the name of the first game on there I think lol, which is some teenage secret agent bull****) but when I boot it up I just get a black screen with white writing stating that an error has occured and that I should exit to the dashboard. What gives? Do I need to update firmware or summat?

Andy!! wrote: »
    Found I actually had an R4i card, bought one of a dodgy chinese lad ages ago. It's definitely R4i, and shows up most of the time on my 3DSXL dashboard (with the name of the first game on there I think lol, which is some teenage secret agent bull****) but when I boot it up I just get a black screen with white writing stating that an error has occured and that I should exit to the dashboard. What gives? Do I need to update firmware or summat?
    It prob would have to be updated alright goo to the site that makes the card and download the update from there

The R4 cards finally arrived last Tues :) but when I tried to use them and loaded the latest kernal software (V 1.18) from R4 ds.com and followed the online tutorial but I getting the following error on the DS where it is say it is loading and stays at that. I have 4 files when I unzip the download 1)_system_2)moonshl 3)_DS_MENU 4)_DS_MSHL.NDS. I rang the http://www.bizrusonline.co.uk/contact-us site and they said to send to the R4i.ie contact-us site.

Can anybody help?

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If it's an R4 Revision C, if it's for the 3DS, and if you've updated the firmware on your 3DS to 4.4.0-10 or above, then you'll have to wait for the R4 team to release an update. They're really dragging their heels on it though (over a month now) - some believe that it will never come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

There is a guy in Cork selling them through a website,not sure if i am able to post the link up?
    I have bought from him several times and have always received the cards within a couple of days and he is very good to answer questions via email
    Also,Paypal have pulled all payment facilities to any website that sells the R4 card,so it will have to be another method of payment,i have used Bank transfer with the guy in Cork,he loads the latest software on the card and tests it before sending it,some retailers dont.

The R4 cards finally arrived last Tues :) but when I tried to use them and loaded the latest kernal software (V 1.18) from R4 ds.com and followed the online tutorial but I getting the following error on the DS where it is say it is loading and stays at that. I have 4 files when I unzip the download 1)_system_2)moonshl 3)_DS_MENU 4)_DS_MSHL.NDS. I rang the http://www.bizrusonline.co.uk/contact-us site and they said to send to the R4i.ie contact-us site.

Can anybody help?

:confused:

Is the latest Kernel not 1.64?

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

Mr E wrote: »
    If it's an R4 Revision C, if it's for the 3DS, and if you've updated the firmware on your 3DS to 4.4.0-10 or above, then you'll have to wait for the R4 team to release an update. They're really dragging their heels on it though (over a month now) - some believe that it will never come out.

It's not a 3DS it's a bog standard DS!

Try Ds supergames on Facebook there very good they might help ye with the cards you've got to

P.m. what card have you actually got

Guys I've just attached a picture of the R4 card that I got from the site can you take a look at it? :)

Thanks!!!!

Guys I've just attached a picture of the R4 card that I got from the site can you take a look at it? :)

Thanks!!!!
    Make sure you're downloading the right Kernel there's a version of this card with wifi

still no luck with my R4 cards. I contacted the DS on facebook and got no answer, downloaded the latest kernal and not working :mad::mad:running out of patients!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

running out of patients!!!!

That used to always happen me in Theme Hospital

998418_1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

EnterNow wrote: »

That used to always happen me in Theme Hospital

998418_1.gif

Doctor needed in slack tongue clinic!

Thanks!!!!

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp

the link above will bring you to the correct kernel revision,you seem to have an old card
    Scroll down to the box with the header
    R4-SDHC Kernel download ("without i mark"),its the second last card from the bottom.

no luck!

no luck!
    Finally got an answer from the support on R4i.ie and guess what it was!!!!! Quote--- Would you please be kind to follow these steps:
    1. Backup important data on your SD card
    2. Delete previously installed firmware/software
    3. Download the latest firmware then Unzip/uncompress both files
    5. Now copy all the files in the uncompressed/unzip folder onto the root directory of the micro sd card (Please do not copy the whole folder, only the files within the folder)
    6. Now, load all your media files onto the micro sd. This should resolve the problem. Unquote

I've already tried this about 10 times ........

I think you are gonna just have to bite the bullet and buy a new card from a reputable seller,can PM you link to guy i bought off in Cork,not sure i can post it publicly? Can i?

I think you are gonna just have to bite the bullet and buy a new card from a reputable seller,can PM you link to guy i bought off in Cork,not sure i can post it publicly? Can i?

Sure we've a list of reputable sellers here, granted its an older list these days. No harm providing a seller, provided they don't come filled with pirated games I don't see an issue linking to them

Sure we've a list of reputable sellers here, granted its an older list these days. No harm providing a seller, provided they don't come filled with pirated games I don't see an issue linking to them
    I whole sale R4 and mod Wiis too if I can put my name up also do Ds repairs

chubbyathy wrote: »
    I whole sale R4 and mod Wiis too if I can put my name up also do Ds repairs

Well that'd be free advertising & as such not allowed. You need to contact hello@boards.ie in order to discuss promoting your own business {regarding the sale of the cards, modding of consoles & repairs etc your allowed to add a post to the console modding services thread}

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭dido2

Did you update your DS?? What Firmware version is on it? Nintendo realeased un update just before christmas, my daughters DSI was updated to the new firmware so he card won't work, my other daughters one we didn't update and her card works, both bought from R4i.ie

• Advertisement

http://www.r4onlinestore.com/

bought from the guy above,he is in Cork,had the card in 3 days with correct Kernel software and tested by him before sending it out,responded to a question by email too within a few hours.
    I think i mentioned in a prevous post,you now have to pay by either Bank Transfer or cheque etc. as PayPal have withdrawn all service to anyone selling R4 cards.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement