Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R4i Gold

Options
  • 28-10-2012 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

we just purchased a nintendo 3ds XL and want to buy a R4i card. What is a recommended place to buy one, on or of-line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kaiserjim

we just purchased a nintendo 3ds XL and want to buy a R4i card. What is a recommended place to buy one, on or of-line.

Came in to ask the same question. Did you get one anyway op? If anyone else can recommend a seller Id appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ufc pro

r4i.ie post next day great site ive ordered there myself,
    hope this helps! good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

kaiserjim wrote: »
    Came in to ask the same question. Did you get one anyway op? If anyone else can recommend a seller Id appreciate it.

I got it from R4town.com they are on skype as well, very handy.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

3DS? Did they come out with cards for it? Or are you running DS games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

Andy!! wrote: »

There are no cards that can run the 3DS games properly as of yet.

There was a card out on the market not long ago that was claiming to be able to run them but the games would freeze up after a few minutes and did not have the 3D feature.

The clever lads in Nintendo have the 3DS nicely coded up

• Advertisement

Andy!! wrote: »

just running ds games and videos etc. the cards only cost 12 euro so it is worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Do these cards work with the latest firmware update? I recently got screwed by buying an acekard after I'd updated to 4.4.0-10...

Mine do, I updated my sons 3DS XL no problem. They just don't play the 3D games but they work fine with the new firm ware. Check on the website but the one I bought the card from is on skype also which is great for support. I just type a message and they usually reply pretty quick and when they are on line instantly.

The reason I bought these was because our cyclo DS card stopped working after update. These are pretty cheap though. I think I paid around 12 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The thing with these things, is to always update the card to the latest firmware, before you update the console.

EnterNow wrote: »
    The thing with these things, is to always update the card to the latest firmware, before you update the console.

Or don't update your console ;) LOL

• Advertisement

You need to to play the latest games.

Or don't update your console ;) LOL

You kinda have to ;)

Or if you're unlucky you'll have updated your firmware as usual then bought one of these a couple of days later, never suspecting that the bloody thing is now never likely to work (acekard).

rickyjb wrote: »
    Or if you're unlucky you'll have updated your firmware as usual then bought one of these a couple of days later, never suspecting that the bloody thing is now never likely to work (acekard).

They {acekard} usually bring out an update not long after the firmware changes, I'd say its only a matter of time. Problem is you'll need to do the update on an older ds/dsi

From what I've read it looks like nintendo have blocked the acekard forever with the latest firmware update, hopefully I'm wrong.

Why would I need to do the udpate on an older ds? I have a 3ds.

rickyjb wrote: »
    From what I've read it looks like nintendo have blocked the acekard forever with the latest firmware update, hopefully I'm wrong.

Time will tell, but with the 3DS out, I'd say there is active work going on t crack the security. Lots of dollars await the first company to retail a 3DS flash card.
    Why would I need to do the udpate on an older ds? I have a 3ds.

Because the update should be applied too the card first, often you will need an unupdated console to apply the update as a fully updated console won't run the update to the card.

Time will tell, but with the 3DS out, I'd say there is active work going on t crack the security. Lots of dollars await the first company to retail a 3DS flash card.

Because the update should be applied too the card first, often you will need an unupdated console to apply the update as a fully updated console won't run the update to the card.

I'm sure they are trying to crack the security but apparently this update is beyond the limitations of the Acekard, they'll need new hardware.

The update is applied to the microSD card which sits in the cartridge, the new patch is downloaded via a PC/laptop. Once you have the correct patch on your SD card surely it doesn't matter what firmware is on your DS?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 The Birdman

Hi does anybody have a contact no. for R4i.ie i've being trying to contact them for days at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

No but I ordered a couple of items from them nearly 2 weeks ago, with express delivery, and still haven't received anything!!! Already sent a complaint email.

Something must be up with them. Are they actually based in Ireland?

Every time someone bumps this I think there's been development on the 3DS front :(

• Advertisement

The_B_Man wrote: »
    No but I ordered a couple of items from them nearly 2 weeks ago, with express delivery, and still haven't received anything!!! Already sent a complaint email.

If you paid by Paypal surely you qualify for some protection? Maybe raise a dispute.
    Something must be up with them. Are they actually based in Ireland?

I'd be surprised if they were, the website looks like a generic template just localised for Ireland

Actually, now that I think of it, when I tried to pay via PayPal, the site wouldnt connect. The only other choice was WorldPay or something like that. Can't remember exact name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Pity I'm just seeing this now, bought a card from them a couple of days ago. No reply to an email I sent them either. It says Paypal when you go to checkout but it links to Worldpay.

I'd say ur man has done a runner. A "whois" on the site doesn't give an Irish name anyway!

Does anyone know where I can get these in Dublin? I know there's one in nutgrove but would prefer city centre.

I looked every where and couldn't find them, only from hong kong. Takes 2 weeks to arrive though.

These sites get regularly closed down and their paypal accounts closed.

I got the address I bought it from over the official r4 website.

I would be interested in a shop selling these though (in case they solve the 3ds games problem), saves the very long wait.

kc66 wrote: »
    It says Paypal when you go to checkout but it links to Worldpay.

That'd ring alarm bells for me anyway, can Worldpay help you out then?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭kaiserjim

Lads I got them from the site using Worldpay only 2 weeks ago. They took about 10 days to arrive. Might just be Christmas backlog.

I just got off the phone with ur man. I found his number on the parent site, bizrusonline.co.uk .

He said he was having problems with the last shipment. He said ring back in an hour and he'll give us the tracking number. I'll report back when I get any more details.

Thanks The_B_Man I got a mail off him at 1.06 am asking for my order number so I sent it to him and got the usual auto mated response :rolleyes: I'll look up the parent site and get and number for them!

• Advertisement

I rang them and your man said that there is a backlog and that it will maybe arrive on Mon but if not after Christmas.:(

Advertisement