Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurb IPAD 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭epopnomis

Which tescos was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

I got the last one for a tenner in Ardkeen, Waterford. It was only the light grey one, but others were reduced to €20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Seems out of stock for the lower end models at the moment. Sadface. Hopefully there will be more iPad 3 returns ( for 4's) in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭God Father

My iPad arrived yesterday anyway... Turned out it was delivered to Apple themselves in Cork :rolleyes:

Was collected again and dropped off yesterday morning. Happy out with it :)

Btw mine came with iOS 5.1.1 on it. What did other's that got one come with? Makes me think it's been in stock for a few months/new.

God Father wrote: »
    My iPad arrived yesterday anyway... Turned out it was delivered to Apple themselves in Cork :rolleyes:

Was collected again and dropped off yesterday morning. Happy out with it :)

Btw mine came with iOS 5.1.1 on it. What did other's that got one come with? Makes me think it's been in stock for a few months/new.

Mine came with 5.1.something anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

Same here.. had to upgrade to iOS 6

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

Got mine today too. Delighted with it, feels brand new.

Didn't realise it had Siri after the upgrade so happy out with that surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wannabe7a

I got mine on Wednesday and it looks like it is new. But the OS was 5.1 something. I am not impressed with the sound quality as it has only one speaker. Think the Iphone has a better sound. Seriously consider to return it and maybe go for the Nexus 10 which will be coming out soon. Is it easy to return it as there is a 14 day cooling off period? From reading the apple site it seems very straight forward to return the pad.

wannabe7a wrote: »
    I got mine on Wednesday and it looks like it is new. But the OS was 5.1 something. I am not impressed with the sound quality as it has only one speaker. Think the Iphone has a better sound. Seriously consider to return it and maybe go for the Nexus 10 which will be coming out soon. Is it easy to return it as there is a 14 day cooling off period? From reading the apple site it seems very straight forward to return the pad.

The iPhone only has one speaker as well. Is the speaker the only reason you would return it? Surely a set of earphones or a dock would sort that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I think you can return the refurbished products hassle-free within 7 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭Soarer

Is it easy to return it as there is a 14 day cooling off period? From reading the apple site it seems very straight forward to return the pad.

Maybe offer it to a fellow Boardsie that might be looking for one?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Wider Road

Sorry if I'm off topic but when is the Nexus 10 coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭jones

I got mine on Wednesday great deal if you ask me...mine was also on IOS 5.1 so updated it as soon as i got it. I actually checked the model number just to be sure it was the ipad 3 and not a ipad 2 ha.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just be aware that the You Tube app is removed with IOS 6.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Also if you are anyway inclined there is a untethered Jailbreak for 5.1.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

slave1 wrote: »
    Just be aware that the You Tube app is removed with IOS 6.

Yeah but you can download it on the App Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Hogzy wrote: »

Not for the iPad.

Hogzy wrote: »

Only the iPhone version which wont be great on an iPad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

There is, in fact, little or no reason to upgrade to iOS 6

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Not for the iPad.

:eek:
    Thats stupid.

• Advertisement

There must be alternatives around for accessing youtube on ios6. Just google it! Also possible to go to the webbrowser safari. And probably google will bring an app out that will be compatible for the ipad as well.

I did not know about the 7 days period for refurbished products. I did not come across this when I checked the apple site. But if true I dont have much time left. Thanks for this info.

Regarding the sound: i got 2 little speakers on the iphone but one is not working properly anymore. The ipad has only one: I did not know that.

Nexus 10: think it should be out in the UK in the next 2 weeks, but I am not sure. There is no selling date outside the bigger markets announced yet.

Regarding the sound: i got 2 little speakers on the iphone but one is not working properly anymore. The ipad has only one: I did not know that.

Nope one speaker on the iphone the other grill is for the mic.

God Father wrote: »
    Nope one speaker on the iphone the other grill is for the mic.

They look the same. I always thought there were 2 speakers and one was broken. So my phone is still perfect. Great to know.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

blaa85 wrote: »
    Mine doesn't arrive until tomorrow, but I just picked up an Apple Smartcover for under a tenner in Tescos just there. Reduced from 70, it said, although they are 40 on the Apple site.

Still 70 in tesco Balbriggan :mad:

dubmick wrote: »
    Still 70 in tesco Balbriggan :mad:

My friend got one for €17 the other day, but they were all full price in Waterford when I was in there today

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

blaa85 wrote: »
    My friend got one for €17 the other day, but they were all full price in Waterford when I was in there today

Where did your friend get theirs?

In the Waterford one as well, it was the cream one he got for 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Just wanted to say these apple refurbs are a great deal, I got the. ipad 2 16gb wifi over the summer for €309, great price, great product, they are literally just like new, I will be picking up a new model next year sometime, will be holding out for a good price in the refurb store, no smarter way to buy, now if only they let you trade your old model in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Are they called iPad 3rd Generation on the apple site or iPad 3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement