Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refurb IPAD 3

Options
  • 28-10-2012 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭

Apple store have the refurbished iPad 3 for sale for €389, the new ipad is €509!! and has that stupid lighting dock connector. Apple's refurb's are practicably like new great deal but wont last long

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

Well spotted.... Birthday pressie for the missus may just have been sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

That's a nice price & a good discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Thanks OP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

cheers op, the wife will be happy with this at christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭brennarr

Just ordered mine. Do you reckon they'll come with the new earbuds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Sold my ipad2 to the sister for €310 :D and just bought the ipad3 €79 happy days thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭epopnomis

God that's low selling your old iPad to your sister... :) It doesn't come with any earphones, none of the iPads do to my knowledge... Got one for m man the othe day, ordered on Wednesday and received on Thursday morning. Thing runs like a dream...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Bought a refurb iPad 2 two and a half weeks ago for 379, had to return it after two days as it was faulty and still haven't received a replacement. Kick in the teeth that had I waited I could have had the iPad 3 for ten euro more now!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Why not save yourselves €50 and buy a new iPad mini?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Why not save yourselves €50 and buy a new iPad mini?

Are u takin the piss???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

and they are gone, ball ox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

:("Sorry there are no refurbished products available, please check back later"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

brennarr wrote: »
    Just ordered mine. Do you reckon they'll come with the new earbuds?

Unless things have changed, none of them come with earphones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Are u takin the piss???
    Hmmm, buying a generation old, refurbished iPad for near €400...

Yep, I'm the one taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Hmmm, buying a generation old, refurbished iPad for near €400...

Yep, I'm the one taking the piss.

Have a look at the ipad mini, small screen, no retina display, not as powerful as ipad3 and soon to be €130 dearer then a 16gb nexus 7. Ipad 3 is current gen ipad 4 is a minor update and will make your old ipad assecories obsolete.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Have a look at the ipad mini, small screen, no retina display, not as powerful as ipad3 and soon to be €130 dearer then a 16gb nexus 7. Ipad 3 is current gen ipad 4 is a minor update and will make your old ipad assecories obsolete.

Yep, loving the upcoming Christmas Tablet wars. It's going to be a field day for consumers in the big outlets because they will have shed loads of tablets and little customers to spread across the range. The manufacturers and wholesalers will be tripping over themselves to cut prices.

Shame I'm in the market for an Ultrabook. I have a Samsung 10.1 for work and its all a bit of meh. Prefer Laptops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Thanks. Bought a white one last night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wannabe7a

I got one last nite as well. Thanks!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Have a look at this site as it gives ya the quantities left of each model and you can also create email alerts as to when some items come into stock
    http://www.refurb.me/ir/

BTW it also shows almost all available apple refurb products and not just iPads.. (iPhones seem to be excluded)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

tommycahir wrote: »
    Have a look at this site as it gives ya the quantities left of each model and you can also create email alerts as to when some items come into stock
    http://www.refurb.me/ir/

BTW it also shows almost all available apple refurb products and not just iPads.. (iPhones seem to be excluded)

Not sure I trust a site that spells Ireland "Irland" in the country drop-down.

And the testimonial - "The Refurb Store widget meets my desiderata perfectly..."

Eh??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

****in missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Dickerty wrote: »

Not sure I trust a site that spells Ireland "Irland" in the country drop-down.

And the testimonial - "The Refurb Store widget meets my desiderata perfectly..."

Eh??

That would be the French for Ireland. It just pulls the availibily from apple, it then links you to the official apple store. So their I no trust element.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

cisk wrote: »
    That would be the French for Ireland. It just pulls the availibily from apple, it then links you to the official apple store. So their I no trust element.

the-very-best-of-the-futurama-fry-meme.jpg%253Fversion%253D1308337289000

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭TsuDhoNimh

cisk wrote: »
    So their I no trust element.
    There's a trust element involved with anything that requires personal data, even if it's just an email addy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Apple store have the refurbished iPad 3 for sale for €389, the new ipad is €509!! and has that stupid lighting dock connector. Apple's refurb's are practicably like new great deal but wont last long

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

But the new one is the iPad 4 though surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

juan.kerr wrote: »
    But the new one is the iPad 4 though surely?

Lord spence does say that. He calls one the iPad 3 and the other the new iPad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Lord spence does say that. He calls one the iPad 3 and the other the new iPad.

Not explicitly. The iPad 4 announcement went under the radar a bit (because of the Mini) and confusingly the Apple website refers to iPad Mini, iPad 2 and 'iPad with Retina Display' as opposed to iPad 3 or iPad 4, so the meaning of 'the new ipad' isn't entirely clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Not explicitly. The iPad 4 announcement went under the radar a bit (because of the Mini) and confusingly the Apple website refers to iPad Mini, iPad 2 and 'iPad with Retina Display' as opposed to iPad 3 or iPad 4, so the meaning of 'the new ipad' isn't entirely clear.

Who gives a sh*t?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Its pretty clear, its the new one :confused:

Advertisement