Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What personality trait do you dislike?

Options
  • 27-10-2012 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

I can't stand nosiness. It's even annoys me more when people say 'oh don't mind me, I'm just nosey'. If you know you are nosey and need to apologise for it then why not stop being nosey??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Ellsbells wrote: »
    I can't stand nosiness. It's even annoys me more when people say 'oh don't mind me, I'm just nosey'. If you know you are nosey and need to apologise for it then why not stop being nosey??

I can't stand people who are hiding something so I always have to end up nosing about them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Coldness and apathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I think nosiness is human nature in a way, we're voyeuristic and do compare ourselves to people and in a twisted way feed off misfortune - rubber necking at accidents. Traits I have no time for are fickleness, lack of a backbone, two facedness, flakiness, cruelty to those less fortunate, making a fool out of a person, lack of passion and a drive to fight for something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 343 ✭✭Sorcha16

Bad manners irk me more than anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

I dont really like people who are arrogent and all about themselves.

for instance you meet someone and some people never ask about how you are dong or anything about you ,,but love to talk about themself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Ellsbells

Oh it also drives me mad when people offset a nasty comment they are about to make by saying 'I always speak my mind'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

meanness
    dishonesty
    selfishness
    use of emotional blackmail

• Registered Users Posts: 34,066 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Arrogant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Neediness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Bitchiness

Cruelty

People who constantly ask for advice but never take it, and come back a week later with the exact same problem asking for more advice

Bullying tactics

Unwarranted arrogance

Bad manners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I absolutely hate nosiness as well. I'm curious and interested in people but I hate that awful, insidious and intrusive need to know simply because their own lives are so vacuous. :cool: I also dislike meanness in any shape or form or unkindness in any form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

People who brag about their children.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Stinginess- think its a horrible trait..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Hope O_o

passive-aggressiveness and subtle digs
    manipulation, deceitfulness, trickery
    shaming and blaming
    cruelty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

Snobbery and apathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Shelga

Superficiality and materialism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Negativity about everything possible.

People who wallow in self pity.

Those who gossip to people on purpose and stand back and watch the mess they've created.

People who need to be the centre of attention - its desperate and it really grins me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Lying!!!! Some folk live in a total dreamland I think- they'd lie about what they ate for breakfast!! Also if someone has a funny/ sad/ romantic etc story they have to lie to "beat them" as it were. Like one of the girls got engaged, was telling us how it happened and x then says " oh that's lovely, reminds me of when Paul/ Sean/ Pedro ( some dude we never met ) arrived to my house in a fancy car, whisked her to Paris and proposed to her blah blah blah!!! But she couldn't say yes ya know cause she just didn't love him enough blah blah blah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Meanness/tightness. Not just with money but with their time and emotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭seenitall

Smugness, entitlement, arrogance.

Lying and passive-aggressiveness are also some of the things I can't stand, but I'm pretty intuitive about the first and on the ball about the second so I give them very short shrift and they don't bother me as much as the first three. The first three just really trigger me for some reason, I start seeing red! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

Cruelty
    Flakiness/being two faced
    Vanity
    Arrogance
    Lying
    Selfishness
    Coldness
    Domineering
    Conceited
    Unreliable
    Condescending

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I could rant all day about this :pac:

Bad manners for sure. I think women should be ladies and men should be gentlemen and all should uphold my high standards of what that means :pac:

People who share waaaayy too much unnecessary details publicly, like intimate details of their sex lives or bodily functions. Have some class please! I also believe this usually ties in with attention seekers.

Loud people, I hate shouting!! Just move to the person you need to talk to.

People who have to get a sly dig in. If something annoys you, just ignore it, no need to point it out to the person.

Being bitter and negative about life and love.

Constantly moaning about something you have the power to change.

Bitchyness and behind the back stuff. You have a problem with someone, sort it out with them. I have been in situations with girls too many times when the subject of an issue would always be the last to know what was going on.

I'll stop, I could go on but I feel I'd be contradicting myself :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭xDramaxQueenx

Overly sensitive people, to the point of them thinking that they are in fact the most important people in the world and everything in life should suit them and their needs.

Spoilt people, I hate spoilt children and the only thing worse would be spoilt adults

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

oh god i could go on and on and on i would definitely put stingyness and arrogance at the top with superficiality loudness and always wanting to be the centre of attention . wow it is hard to find someone with a near perfect personality, i guess a lot of the undesirable traits are very insecure about themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Dishonesty - in terms of both telling lies and bitching behind someone's back and being fake to their face. I'd rather be told something hard to hear than know that a person is just being fake to save themselves from an uncomfortable conversation.

Bad manners.

Selfishness.

This may not be a trait, maybe a mindset, but I hate it when people make gross generalisations about a gender.

Bitterness.

One-up-manship. Drives me bonkers. Some people cannot just let someone tell a story or say something without viewing it as a competition. Even worse is the ones who lie to compete, you know, person 1: "I hurt my leg at the weekend", person 2: "I've broken my leg 5 times and it's always sore but you don't hear me moaning".

People who complain about having money problems but then tell you that they're spending their money on iphones, nights out, shopping every weekend etc. etc. God forbid you make do with a basic phone until you have a bit more money.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bluestar2010

I hate people who brag about their children. You wouldn't hear a word out of them if their children had nothing to show for themselves. Have to remember that the shoe could always be on the other foot. You can be lucky in life or not so lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭cbreeze

sam34 wrote: »
    meanness
    dishonesty
    selfishness
    use of emotional blackmail

sometimes these characteristics are all held by the one person

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭IHeartShoes

Rudeness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Weakness, someone who doesn't have a backbone.

Would rather lie to someone to avoid 'letting them down' than asserting themselves and saying 'I don't want to go', 'I'm not into you', 'I don't like that person'.

Dishonesty for the sake of an easy life, essentially. So many people are like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

cynicism because it corrupts every aspect of the cynics life.

Advertisement