Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X-Men: Days of Future Past (Bryan Singer)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Have to hold my hands up on quicksilver, I ridiculed him based on image and thought he would be a duffer. Easily ended up being a highlight and an effortlessly likeable character.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Just back from seeing it. Outstanding. The best I could've hoped for.
    Wipes some stuff clean , leaves placeholders for some things to be redone , but better (looking at you X3).

Bring on En Sabah Nur in 2016 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The screening I was at didn't have much people there (Thursday afternoon)
    And there was an almost disaproving collective sigh when
    Gene turned to Logan at the end and everything was rosy

I might need to see it again, because contrary to what a lot of people here believe, I myself didn't think it was in any way special or outstanding a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I watched First Class this evening before going to see Days Of Future Past.. and while I enjoyed it, DOFP was the first X-Men movie I've really enjoyed since X2. Best thing they did was bring Singer back IMO.

McAvoy, Fassbender and Jackman were all fantastic.. just brilliant on screen together.

Loved
    Quicksilver too for the comic relief, though his appearance was far too brief really!

Great fun, and could be the best Summer blockbuster of the year... well, until Guardians comes out that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,331 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

nix wrote: »

Can someone tell me what happened in the scene after the credits? I rarely stay behind for them unless present company is adamant.

here it is in all it's glory :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-NRjyb1Nfo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,331 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Wolverine, did he ever end up with Adamantium then or has that been overwritten seeing as it was Mystique not Stryker who rescued his drowned body? Plus, how did Wolverine have Adamantium claws in this at all seeing as last time we saw him he had bone claws in the coda with Magento and Prof X in the airport?.

well I think a few years have passed since The Wolverine and this film as they keep talking about that nearly 50 years has passed since 1973 so that would put the timescale as somewhere in the early 2020's. So that gives plenty of time for him to have the adamantium grafted back on and the claws actually look different compared to the older ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

No but seriously, why does
    Kitty suddenly have time-travel powers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

A Neurotic wrote: »
    No but seriously, why does Kitty suddenly have time-travel powers?

Ssshhhhhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Minor gripe -
    why did Wolverine have grey temples - I thought his body healed itself, so why is he aging? More importantly, why did Rogue, Jean Grey, Cyclops etc... all look as they did in X Men 2 when Wolverine woke up in the "new" future with his grey temples?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Minor gripe -
    why did Wolverine have grey temples - I thought his body healed itself, so why is he aging? More importantly, why did Rogue, Jean Grey, Cyclops etc... all look as they did in X Men 2 when Wolverine woke up in the "new" future with his grey temples?

His mutant power slows the aging process. If it stopped it completely, then by that logic he would still be a child I assume

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,173 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Would it kill people to use spoiler tags? The film's not even out a week yet.

I now know
    kitty can time travel and jean and cyclops are back at the end
    . Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭ronano

Are we done with the first class cast or is there plans/expectation they'll be in future films?

His mutant power slows the aging process. If it stopped it completely, then by that logic he would still be a child I assume

Ah, I was never sure about this one actually. I thought his mutant healing only kicked in after he was past puberty. But yeah, he would still be only in his teens if that was the case. I take it he isnt immortal, just has great longevity?
    It still doesnt explain why the rest of them looked the same and he was the only one who looked older when he woke up in the "new" future.

Mickeroo wrote: »

I now know
    . Thanks.

Why would you read this thread if you hadnt seen the film :confused:

There was no instructions to use spoilers so I assumed they were unnecessary, apologies.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,173 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Why would you read this thread if you hadnt seen the film :confused:

There was no instructions to use spoilers so I assumed they were unnecessary, apologies.

Generally spoiler tags are used unless there's a warning put in the thread title by the mods and that doesn't usually happen until a couple of weeks after release if at all, that's how it's always been done here since i started using the forum so I tend to keep an eye on a film thread for the first week or so to see how folks are reacting to the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

A Neurotic wrote: »
    No but seriously, why does Kitty suddenly have time-travel powers?

Secondary mutation is not uncommon in the comics, sure look at wolverine do bone claws and healing abilities strike you as one ability, what about Emma frosts telepathy and diamond form?
    This is just another example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

ronano wrote: »
    Are we done with the first class cast or is there plans/expectation they'll be in future films?
    Nope, Apocalypse will be set in the 80s, so it will be the First Class crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ah, I was never sure about this one actually. I thought his mutant healing only kicked in after he was past puberty. But yeah, he would still be only in his teens if that was the case. I take it he isnt immortal, just has great longevity?
    It still doesnt explain why the rest of them looked the same and he was the only one who looked older when he woke up in the "new" future.

Yeah, in the comics he just ages slower. Not immortal.
    As for the bits of grey hair, I think it's more so just to show that a few years have passed since The Wolverine film (the plot of which had to do with his healing power being removed for a while), so that likely messed him up a bit. Plus the only other characters were Xavier (bald), Magneto (already grey), Storm (white hair) and Kitty/Colossus/Iceman who were all still pretty young. Same with Cyclops/Jean in the ending, they still wouldn't be grey-hair age yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Ok, so not a fanatic or comic book reader and the thread is tl/dr but how is prof x alive? Didnt phoneix kill him????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I won't seeing this until the DVD but I have a spoiler question that I'd like someone to answer now. What's the story with Wolverine's claws. Does he get his adamantium ones back in the "current" timeline, i.e. after his Japan movie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

nc19 wrote: »
    Ok, so not a fanatic or comic book reader and the thread is tl/dr but how is prof x alive? Didnt phoneix kill him????
    Yes, but he transferred his consciousness into a brain-dead coma patient (XMen3 after credits scene). Then in the after credits scene of The Wolverine, Wolverine asks him how he's still alive and Prof.X said something like he isn't the only one with "gifts" (a callback to their first conversation in XMen1)

So basically, he kept his mind alive, then another mutant brought him fully back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Mickeroo wrote: »

I now know
    . Thanks.

Sorry. Wasn't thinking.

Penn wrote: »
    Yes, but he transferred his consciousness into a brain-dead coma patient (XMen3 after credits scene). Then in the after credits scene of The Wolverine, Wolverine asks him how he's still alive and Prof.X said something like he isn't the only one with "gifts" (a callback to their first conversation in XMen1)

So basically, he kept his mind alive, then another mutant brought him fully back.
    I think the brain dead patient was his identical twin brother who Prof X's powers had made brain dead in the womb - I read that somewhere. If thats the case its pretty dark really, destroying his identical twins brain in the womb then taking over the body later when he needs it!

I won't seeing this until the DVD but I have a spoiler question that I'd like someone to answer now. What's the story with Wolverine's claws. Does he get his adamantium ones back in the "current" timeline, i.e. after his Japan movie?
    Its not explained. but the claws do look different than they used to so perhaps he got them recoated in Adamantium post Japan shenanigans

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Penn wrote: »

That explains it, never watched the wolverine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Its not explained. but the claws do look different than they used to so perhaps he got them recoated in Adamantium post Japan shenanigans
    In the Comics, Magneto re-bined Adamantium to Wolverines bones, its conceivable that, that happened in the interim also.

cronin_j wrote: »
    In the Comics, Magneto re-bined Adamantium to Wolverines bones, its conceivable that, that happened in the interim also.

Yeah, that one isn't nearly the worst of the inconsistencies.
    I hate time travel inconsistencies and this one bugged me: if Kitty was able to send Wolverines consciousness back to change the past, no matter how long it took Wolverine IN the past to change things, so long as he was successful, Kitty etc would have disappeared instantly upon sending his consciousness back because the past is constant in the present. I'm sorry if I'm not explaining that well, but there is no logic in Kitty hanging around holding Wolverines consciousness with her hands until he got the job done in the past!

Also, we seem to have lost a Wolverine stream of consciousness, because he woke up in the school and his last memory was drowning in the past, so where have his memories from drowning until waking up gone?

And young Prof X went into sent back Wolverines mind so now he has knowledge of two different timelines, even though he didn't time travel, although I am willing to let that go too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Yeah, that one isn't nearly the worst of the inconsistencies.
    I hate time travel inconsistencies and this one bugged me: if Kitty was able to send Wolverines consciousness back to change the past, no matter how long it took Wolverine IN the past to change things, so long as he was successful, Kitty etc would have disappeared instantly upon sending his consciousness back because the past is constant in the present. I'm sorry if I'm not explaining that well, but there is no logic in Kitty hanging around holding Wolverines consciousness with her hands until he got the job done in the past!

Also, we seem to have lost a Wolverine stream of consciousness, because he woke up in the school and his last memory was drowning in the past, so where have his memories from drowning until waking up gone?

And young Prof X went into sent back Wolverines mind so now he has knowledge of two different timelines, even though he didn't time travel, although I am willing to let that go too.
    kitty says to wolverine that any changes wont take place until you awake in the future, so that's how they add the time clock to the past. if she stops phasing him or something else happens then wolverines efforts in the past won't be saved. its a syncing issue.

she also tells hi no one will remember the old timeline except him, so thats why he doesnt remember the new time line, hes the old time line mind in the new timeline body

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Agree with the rest of your post. Particularly how instantaneous the effects of time travel would be, but I'm ok with, since it's there for effect and after all, we are talking about time travel in a comic book film.
    My take on Wolverine's memories is that he was back in time, drowning (point A). And was drowning when he instantly "went back" to the future and woke up in bed (point B). So he's missing his memories from Point A in the past up to Point B. What he has in their place are the events that happened in the original future, with the sentinels, etc. Though I may have misinterpreted what went on. PS. My brain hurts.

Advertisement