Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've Been Trumped

Options
  • 21-10-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,768 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody see it or watching it BB2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just switched it on now, ta

• Registered Users Posts: 20,768 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Golf is evil (lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Yeah , just finished watching it. Some nasty stuff happening right there. I can't see something like that being popular with all the amazing old style courses in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

Seen the start, set to record and went to bed ;-)

m r c wrote: »
    Seen the start, set to record and went to bed ;-)

It is a shocker what went on. Money talks man.

• Advertisement

Yeah , just finished watching it. Some nasty stuff happening right there. I can't see something like that being popular with all the amazing old style courses in the area.

It is meant to be unreal good. Stunning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭MP62

It is meant to be unreal good. Stunning.
    The best course in the world perhaps?!.

MP62 wrote: »
    The best course in the world perhaps?!.

Who says that ?

Don't think I would play it after watching this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 802 ✭✭✭m r c

Who says that ?

Wait till he gives golf digest a few million to go higher than Augusta :-)

• Advertisement

Great Doc - Too one sided , but that is what it is about.

Fair play to that lad who did it, so much of his own time, for very little - but the truth.

Don't think I would play it after watching this.
    +1
    I always thought he was an arrogant juan ker, now I know for sure he is and definitely wouldn't play it now.
    Also has to be said his head green keeper Paul o Conor came across really badly, and it wasn't a great advertisement for Sol construction either, both Irish btw.

MP62 wrote: »
    +1
    I always thought he was an arrogant juan ker, now I know for sure he is and definitely wouldn't play it now.
    Also has to be said his head green keeper Paul o Conor came across really badly, and it wasn't a great advertisement for Sol construction either, both Irish btw.

The Irish are up to their eyes in this.

Real questions about the Police coercion too - Jaysus this is like Ireland under Fianna Fail.

**** me - the fence - (lol)

This is more like Citzen Kane now.

Donald, where is your Rosebud.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Comes across as an absolute wanker, Trump.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

"Who cares, who cares - Just get rid of those houses". :eek:

What a prick !

I definitely wouldn't play this course after seeing this.

Lapin wrote: »
    "Who cares, who cares - Just get rid of those houses". :eek:

What a prick !

I definitely wouldn't play this course after seeing this.

Lol,

I swear if you read that in Dickens you would laugh, he said that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Some pics in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79705351

Trump really is some pr*ck. And trying to charge for the fence! :eek:

Braveheart needed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Good documentary, but that final piece (the maker of the film trying to call Trump from a phonebox) was just silly. No need for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Money talks, corruption rules. Sickening to watch Trump's operation intimidate to force those people from their homes with the help of the local council it appears. Trump later made a statement that he wouldn't be looking for CPOs on the houses but whats the betting he would have got them :mad:

Jaysus this is like Ireland under Fianna Fail.
    Not even trump could trump that.

Lapin wrote: »
    Good documentary, but that final piece (the maker of the film trying to call Trump from a phonebox) was just silly. No need for it.

It was a reference to a famous add (I think ?).

Or some deep symbolic ****, the hopelessness of coins versus an evil empire , (no drink tonight :p), real golf in am.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WoundedRhino

I'm from Aberdeenshire, the course is about 20 miles from where I grew up. I lived in Aberdeen up until last year, nobody I know wanted the thing built, the whole project was hugely unpopular and there was massive public opposition, but Trump had everyone bought. All the local papers did was report about how great it was going to be and run smear stories about the protesters and the local residents. Loads of people reported rough treatment from the security staff or even from the police if they went near the site. People who were just out walking on public ground were quickly intercepted by guys in dark Range Rovers and warned not to go near it or face reprisals. Well shady.

Just FYI, the first course was opened but the hotel and villas still haven't been started. Trump is holding off on it until the Scottish Government agrees to cancel plans for a windfarm just off the coast, which knowing Alex Salmond and his cronies, they will probably do. Oh yeah and the course costs £195 for a single round, which means that the vast majority of local golfers can't even afford to play on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Kevinmarkham

I'm from Aberdeenshire

Interestingly, WoundedRhino, I've received some unpleasant comments (on my blog) from golfers in Aberdeen who all swear blind that everyone in the area was 100% behind the course and, clearly, I didn't know what I was talking about - I've put up three separate blogs about the Trump's course.

It may well be one of the best in the world (golf mags are raving about it) but it was a disgrace how it was developed and no respect for the environment (nothing new there).

I haven't seen the programme yet, so will have to make do with this personal favourite Trump video from YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭WH BONNEY

Any idea where I can get to see this programme ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Watched this last night, and all throughout construction I knew there was opposition from the locals but it really was an eye opener seeing all the underhand tactics used by trump and his entourage. The treatment of the locals was nothing short of disgraceful and very little if anything at all was done to help them. No doubt that trump has a world class course there but the damage to the locals lives and livelihoods should be worth more. It goes to show that if you throw enough money at any problem, it goes away. And talk about not being sympathetic to the land - other course architects (namely greg norman at doonbeg, mc clay-kidd at macrihanish dunes) were not allowed to touch certain dunes due to their flora and fauna etc. yet trump completely levels the ones at his site. His workmen wildly deviated from the plans and the mounds of sand put up in front of that womans house blocking her view was terrible. The model for all them villas just looks completely out of place on that land and countryside and with a bit of luck they don't get built. Judging by the reviews and the photos, the course looks amazing but I think if I was in that neck of the woods, after what I'd seen last night, I'd keep on going up the road to Cruden Bay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its on again tonight at 00.20 am on BBC2

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭MiniGolf

mike65 wrote: »
    Its on again tonight at 00.20 am on BBC2
    Except BBC2 Northern Ireland!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Sort of on topic -

Stick with this , some job done on Trump by Obama and his team - was pay back for questioning his Nationality.

Advertisement