Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You've Been Trumped

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Sort of on topic -

Stick with this , some job done on Trump by Obama and his team - was pay back for questioning his Nationality.

Brilliant :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,768 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

ForeRight wrote: »
    Brilliant :)

Great writing, and fair play Obama with his timing. He knew he was going too far (for a president), but what Trump did , sort of sums the man up.

Anyway. Sorry for detour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Was great if depressing viewing. It certainly would put you off ever wanting to play the course.

Even my wife, who would rather stick pins in her eyes than watch golf was getting passionate watching this.

Whatever about dodgy land deals, etc... the whole atmosphere with the local police was certainly the most disturbing aspect of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

I have the recorder set for this tonight and cant wait to watch it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭the lawman

I haven't watched it yet and I'll miss it tonight but you can order it from here. Available in November.

http://www.youvebeentrumped.com/youvebeentrumped.com/THE_MOVIE.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

fullstop wrote: »
    Comes across as an absolute wanker, Trump.

Paul O'Connor came across as a massive one too --is that camera expensive?:mad:

Stay classy Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

duckysauce wrote: »
    Paul O'Connor came across as a massive one too --is that camera expensive?:mad:

Stay classy Paul

Agreed, but in fairness to him he ended up falling out with Trump after Trump demanded that he build big mounds of soil behind houses. O'Connor apparently refused and we saw last night how Trump deals with other people's opinions. Think he took Trump to court for unfair dismissal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,768 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

http://www.trippinguptrump.com/news/donald-trumps-star-greenkeeper-sacked-over-wall-of-earth

Fair play to him.

Hard when a camera is put in your face like that for the first time in your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

MiniGolf wrote: »
    Except BBC2 Northern Ireland!! :mad:

Not sure if its kosher posting this link but it should be useful given the digital switchover.

filmon.com

Its basically a live streaming site of the main UK FTA channels, including the non Northern Ireland BBC2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

http://www.trippinguptrump.com/news/donald-trumps-star-greenkeeper-sacked-over-wall-of-earth

Fair play to him.

Hard when a camera is put in your face like that for the first time in your life.

not hard at all, an excuse me please would do fine, not to come out with idle threats. And it took him a year to realise dump is a complete stain .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Recorded it and watched it last night, very well edited and extrememly frustrating viewing, frustration on behalf of the local but also it was (as expected) very one sided, it was all doom and gloom with not a single person apart from Trump wanting the course there.
    Bottom line is no development of that magnitude will birth without a level of unease from some stakeholder.
    Don't get me wrong, Trumps antics are unforgivable, the police in particular.
    I was disappointed at the Irish lad's involvement but there was no need to leave in the comment about the price of the camera equipment, it was left in alluding to intimidation/something could happen that expensive stuff etc.
    Pleased just to read this thread and read about him eventually leaving due to the very sad creations of mounds of earth around folks homes, just a demonsatation that it was all one sided as the guy left in November 2010 which could easily have been incoroprated into the film.
    Not a balanced view and no debate without both sides of the argument being transparant is truly acceptable.
    I won't be playing it because it's too expensive and I'm not going to get on moral ground to make my decision.
    All a shame really, but I don't expect Trump will lose an ounce of sleep and I have to say the photos from the other thread (setting aside the film) make it look stunning, stunning indeed...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

slave1 wrote: »
    All a shame really, but I don't expect Trump will lose an ounce of sleep and I have to say the photos from the other thread (setting aside the film) make it look stunning, stunning indeed...

Would be really good for the World Golfing Federation (if such a body is called that) to make an announcement on stuff like this. That the environment is more important than nice scenery to chase after a ball in. There are plenty of tracts of land that would benefit from landscaping without destorying the last remmnants of coastal havens like this.
    I'm a huge fan of golf, but not at this expense. Trump should be ashamed of himself but more importantly, the people who let this happen (the Scottish government and planners) should be more ashamed and hounded out of their offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭The Guardian

Anyone know where one might be able to see / download this?

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

Anyone know where one might be able to see / download this?

:cool:

PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭gary29428

Can you PM me also SnowDrifts...

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

slave1 wrote: »
    Recorded it and watched it last night, very well edited and extrememly frustrating viewing, frustration on behalf of the local but also it was (as expected) very one sided, it was all doom and gloom with not a single person apart from Trump wanting the course there.
    Bottom line is no development of that magnitude will birth without a level of unease from some stakeholder.
    Don't get me wrong, Trumps antics are unforgivable, the police in particular.
    I was disappointed at the Irish lad's involvement but there was no need to leave in the comment about the price of the camera equipment, it was left in alluding to intimidation/something could happen that expensive stuff etc.
    Pleased just to read this thread and read about him eventually leaving due to the very sad creations of mounds of earth around folks homes, just a demonsatation that it was all one sided as the guy left in November 2010 which could easily have been incoroprated into the film.
    Not a balanced view and no debate without both sides of the argument being transparant is truly acceptable.
    I won't be playing it because it's too expensive and I'm not going to get on moral ground to make my decision.

Agreed that this was one sided in the extreme - I'm a member of several UK golf forums where local people have stated there was plenty of local support for the project particularly due to the jobs created.....but then this wouldn't have made a good documentary.....

If I got a few free rounds there I'm sure I could be convinced that Trump is a good honest business man.

watched this last night
    thanks snowdrifts

trump just being trump as far as i could see - no surprises there
    the man has little class, indeed his entire family dont

what is really disappointing is the role assumed by the the scottish govt
    they completely sold out to trump

not completely clear what is the position on the environmental damage - seems to have completely overhauled a natural habitat and dunes system. which is a shame obviously. i'm not sure if any environmental grps gave the green light here. appears not. golf and the local ecosystems and co exist btw. plenty examples worldwide. suspect this compromise wasnt gonna be offered by donald tho.

local guys are portrayed as redneck simpletons when it suits the documentary maker. he could have done better than this i'm sure.

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Done

Can you drop me a nice little PM SnowDrifts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭blue note

the lawman wrote: »

Can you drop me a nice little PM SnowDrifts?

Would you mind passing it on to me lawman?

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭SEORG

Hi lads,

Could I be added to that PM list please.

blue note wrote: »
    Would you mind passing it on to me lawman?

If and when I get it I will do blue note no probs and SEORG too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭bailey99

Can I get this as well, missed it and was hoping that BBC would reshow it.

Thanks again!

Sent, enjoy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Sent, enjoy.
    Just to be a nuisance snow drift. Can I be included please and thank you. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

G'wan, me too if you don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 olaguopa

fullstop wrote: »
    G'wan, me too if you don't mind.

Me too please. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Anatom

*coughs* If you wouldn't mind Snowdrift...? *hat tip*