Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free flights-cheap flights alitilia japan.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Are you sure this isn't Japan to Europe? Have you successfully booked?

ballooba wrote: »

info

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

It can be either way. I didn't book any, but did get it to show free and discounted flights- dates Rome to Osaka 13-03 for free and Bologna-Abu Dhabi-London heathrow 13-03 - 27-03 for free. london has to be entereed as London city as it doesnt reconigse the translation for heathrow

Takes some fiddling around but the flights are there.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

this could be a candidate for BA of the decade if it all checks out!

Well done OP

• Advertisement

Alitalia website seems to be struggling to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Anyone have any luck with the Japaneese Translation.

Google translate isn't working too well with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Managed to book Geneva - NYC - Venice in Jan for 2 of us for 85 Euros in Total.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Will see how it pans out ...

Got my flight confirmation, the Code takes about 485 euros off the price !
    DDC1990 wrote: »
    Anyone have any luck with the Japaneese Translation.

Google translate isn't working too well with it.

Just use Chrome .. translates the page fairly well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Where do you enter the discount code?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

When after selecting flights and clicking the red box to proceed, there's a present image at the bottom right. Fill it in and it should process it for you.

• Advertisement

Pretty sure i've missed it tbh. everything Im looking at is 259999 Yen, which is over 2 and a half grand.

Anyone who did get to book, what dates did ye use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Bologna BLQ -Abu Dhabi AUH

Dep 8/01/13

Ret 16/01/13

€202.34 all in once PROMOJP has been applied

Same price also available Bologna to Miami around end of january / start of feb.

Booked a flight from London to Venice for free to see what happens.

Could be a laugh if it works.

Got email confirmation etc. but its in Japaneese :P

p.s Its easy to see how Alitalia nearly went to the wall a few years ago if they let shít like this happen :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Can't imagine they will honor this - but I can't seem to find the cheaper prices anyway. Geneva - New York - Venice, comes up as about €240 after the discount.
    Managed to book Geneva - NYC - Venice in Jan for 2 of us for 85 Euros in Total.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Will see how it pans out ...

Got my flight confirmation, the Code takes about 485 euros off the price !

Just use Chrome .. translates the page fairly well.

What dates? Coming up as €200+ for me.

[edit] booked! Got confirmation e-mail but have no confidence in them honoring it so won't be booking the connecting flights just yet!

I booked three flights. Will see if they're honoured. It's a pity Alitalia don't fly out of Ireland.

Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

Got 2 in myself. Was looking during the day but hard enough to find the deals. I got London to Rome return free for 4 people for 2 different dates (14th to 17th Feb and 14 to 17th March). First one completely free and they don't even take credit card details because there's no charge. Second one came to approx. 4 euro (400 yen).

I'd love to see something for the states and some on HUKD say they saw some free ones but I can't get anything myself.

Of course that said I know there's a good chance they won't be honoured but sure nothing ventured....

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

GOt myself a nice free flight to rome for valentines day for me and the ladybitch, pity ots from heathrow, that always costs a fortune to fly into. Anyone had any luck with free flights to the states?

Tickets appear not to have been issued (Yet).

I have PNR, confirmation email & ticket numbers but they've not issued the tickets according to the 'Manage my Booking' facility.

If anyone parted with actual cash for their flights, perhaps have a look-see below and report back.

https://mm.alitalia.com/ru_en/BOOKING/Apvsearch.aspx

Edit: Oddly, you can also check your booking here, which show my booking as confirmed & makes reference to tickets being issued.

http://www.saudiairlines.com -> manage my bookings -> e-ticket -> number & last name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Site looks to be completely down now.

Getting the message 'Sorry, there was a problem'

Damn right there was. I didn't get to book anything !!!!!

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Tickets appear not to have been issued (Yet).

I have PNR, confirmation email & ticket numbers but they've not issued the tickets according to the 'Manage my Booking' facility.

If anyone parted with actual cash for their flights, perhaps have a look-see below and report back.

https://mm.alitalia.com/ru_en/BOOKING/Apvsearch.aspx

Edit: Oddly, you can also check your booking here, which show my booking as confirmed & makes reference to tickets being issued.

http://www.saudiairlines.com -> manage my bookings -> e-ticket -> number & last name

I've been billed anyway !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Going by our Hilton Hotel experience from earlier in the week those of you who have booked should hire a hitman to bump off the first one to contact Alitalia asking to confirm the booking and that surely they have no intention of honouring it!

PS contact Mick Wallace in the Oireachtas for a hitman recommendation....

Checked mine through Alitalia.

Has all the details, but says: Ticket has not been issued. Reservation expires on 20/10/2012 alle 21:51.

Checking through the Saudi site doesn't work for me.

But from looking at the Alitalia terms and conditions, the email receipt is all you bring to the check out to check in at the airport, so hopefully thats ok.

Problem is it has a load of japanese on it. Anyone think of a way to get a similer email in English? :P

EDIT: Just through gmail, there is a translate button. Clicked it and it translated everything perfectly, so might print that when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I cant book any flights.

I've been billed anyway !

Easily refunded though keith

Are your tickets showing as issued?

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭brownacid

Jaysus, these guys are much quicker than the Hilton!

Dear Customer,

Thank you for choosing alitalia.com.
    We regret to inform you that your ticket purchase has not been processed.
    Any amount debited on your account, will be credited back.

Your Alitalia Customer Center Team

brownacid wrote: »

Dear Customer,

+1

Worth a punt, if any airline's likely to honour a daft offer it'd be Alitalia.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

brownacid wrote: »

Dear Customer,

+1^
    Fun while it lasted. I booked 2 on different email addresses. Only got one of these emails so far. I assume it's only a matter of time for the other.

Their exposure would have been massive. I booked about EUR 2000 worth of free flights personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

walshki wrote: »
    I got London to Rome return free for 4 people for 2 different dates (14th to 17th Feb and 14 to 17th March).
    Their exposure would have been massive. I booked about EUR 2000 worth of free flights personally.

...and this is why these things never work. Why not just take a punt and book a return flight for one or two people? Personally, I would think twice about sharing any deal like this as people always abuse it. There was little chance of them honoring it anyway, even if it wasn't abused, but absolutely no chance when people are booking 4/5/6 return flights each.

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »
    ...and this is why these things never work. Why not just take a punt and book a return flight for one or two people? Personally, I would think twice about sharing any deal like this as people always abuse it. There was little chance of them honoring it anyway, even if it wasn't abused, but absolutely no chance when people are booking 4/5/6 return flights each.

Yeh ... saw on a few websites there was complete knobs booking 20-30 flights because the voucher brought the total cost to zero.

imo ... you pay a severely reduced amount .. fair enuff ... you pay zero .. book 30 flights and then give out afterwards ... ffs :pac:

*edit* to be fair I don't think I want the flights anymore:
    http://www.onlinejournal.com/business/alitalia-to-lay-off-690-workers/

Imagine how you would feel after hearing about these shenanigans.

Advertisement