Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sminky animation fad

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I hate them but my kids love them, so it's probably a yoof thing. "Only trying to get a bit of cheese, all he tried to do" seems to crop up a lot in conversation. That and "slow down Tommy, you'll never maake the bend".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I've no idea what you are talking about.

I'm with you Micky, I haven't a breeze what these jung'un are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MikeyS9607

He uses Adobe Flash. I hate the shorts to the point where I made a video criticizing them, and Sminky had it false flagged. The best part is I was able to counter claim, and the video is the first result after the shorts if you look for "sminky shorts" on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Those yokes are genius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

MikeyS9607 wrote: »
    He uses Adobe Flash. I hate the shorts to the point where I made a video criticizing them, and Sminky had it false flagged. The best part is I was able to counter claim, and the video is the first result after the shorts if you look for "sminky shorts" on YouTube.

link pls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

This sums your review up for me:

6 likes, 61 dislikes

Sky King wrote: »
    This sums your review up for me:

6 likes, 61 dislikes

Those dislikes are totally not biased by the fact that Sminky's fanboys saw the video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Those dislikes are totally not biased by the fact that Sminky's fanboys saw the video.

Where are you coming from with that accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I have no idea what's going on :confused:

I'll sum up my criticism of your review

Animation: Who gives a ****? South Park isn't exactly Disney quality

Humour: Accents are hilarious, I'll have you know. Yours is pretty hilarious actually. The humour also comes from knowing someone like the characters in the shorts, if you're not from a rural/semi-rural background it may be hard to relate. Same way Fr Ted would be incomprehensible to a Mexican immigrant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

Good god.

I hate the internet sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

is this some sort of well known thing? Wtf is a sminky? I think I'm officially old now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Anyway, yeah he uses Flash.
    I like them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Flagged your video as child abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Whey hey, look how fasht I'm going.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭reginald

Salad Fingers is much better

Scioch wrote: »
    Flagged your video as child abuse.

You know they DO check. And I'm sure when they were screening the video at YouTube to make sure it wasn't infringing copyright, they saw it didn't have what you flagged it for. That video is untouchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Mikey I see you like ponies, maybe ask Sminky man to animate one for you? Might change your mind like?? Whatever floats your boat

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Whey hey, look how fasht I'm going.

Shtone mad for the shpee-ed!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭D_D

Ok, just after watching a few of them after reading this thread... I think I may have become more stupid by watching them. Who in their right mind finds them funny? It's an animal with a Cork accent?! Honestly, I do not get it. And I don't think someone could explain it to me either. I left the rabbit one till last because people on here said it was the funnier one. I didn't even crack a smile...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

You know they DO check. And I'm sure when they were screening the video at YouTube to make sure it wasn't infringing copyright, they saw it didn't have what you flagged it for. That video is untouchable.

I feel sorry for whatever poor bastard has to wade through reported videos of "reviews". Must be some shítty fcukin job.

Mikey I see you like ponies, maybe ask Sminky man to animate one for you? Might change your mind like?? Whatever floats your boat

I like the new FiM cartoon. Not the older MLP stuff. And no, I don't want these amazing characters given obnoxious accents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Jazus, it's awful sad!

My favourite one! Sums up the Irish bettter than anyone ever could :D

I feel sorry for whatever poor bastard has to wade through reported videos of "reviews". Must be some shítty fcukin job.

I agree. Or the amounts of gore, actual illegal content, actual violence ect. That gets Properly flagged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Mikey you sound like you need some love.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Shlow down Tommah!! You're going too fasht

I LOVE them. But I'm easily amused :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

What a load of ****e, seriously what's funny? I couldn't even force a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Well I supopse they could always walk around ih'

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Try Toonboom. It might not be what he uses but its a pretty easy to use and a very good animation program with which you can easily make animations as such.
    http://beta.toonboom.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I'm from cork and I don't find them funny at all .

Advertisement