Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€24 slabs of Bud, Carlsberg, Miller and Guinness in Dunnes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

January wrote: »
    Tesco doing Xmas slabs (24) of Guinness etc (was just looking for Guinness so didn't really check) for €30. Went to Dunnes and got 48 for €48 instead :D

Had a look on Tesco website but couldnt find anything about slabs. Is there Bulmers on it do you know? Any link? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

vicwatson wrote: »
    Had a look on Tesco website but couldnt find anything about slabs. Is there Bulmers on it do you know? Any link? Cheers

I was in there. They are doing the same as Dunnes on Bulmers €24 for 18. They are €20 for slabs of Miller and Bavaria and €30 for other slabs including Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Knucklecracker

Even better news on the gargle front from Dunnes.

25% off any 6 bottles of wine from Thursday to Sunday.

Great news if you are getting wedding wine or for a big party. Or even if are a wino :D

Just a heads up to anyone looking to stock up on the gargle one of the political correspondents in the Irish Times is suggesting that a 20c on the pint increase could be in the budget. That is circa 18c on a 500ml can or 12c on a 330ml bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

kn wrote: »
    Just a heads up to anyone looking to stock up on the gargle one of the political correspondents in the Irish Times is suggesting that a 20c on the pint increase could be in the budget. That is circa 18c on a 500ml can or 12c on a 330ml bottle.

I've enough purchased to take me up to the end of the Premier League :D, might be a more profitable investment than Gold if Noonan hikes it. Plenty of stock left there yesterday, I think but am not 100% that this offer may finish up today, normally they finish on a Monday in Dunnes.

• Advertisement
    M

I can confirm all deals still on, was in a store this afternoon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭bogman

24 500ml Heino for 28 euro in Supervalue, 30 euro in both Dunnes & Tesco this evening

Anything going in the Bulmers department better than Tesco's 24€ for 18 cans? I think it's about the best out there at moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

This deal still on? Need to buy a slab tonight or tomorrow morning. Preferably a slab of bud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

This deal still on? Need to buy a slab tonight or tomorrow morning. Preferably a slab of bud.

Looks like it is according to their latest offer booklet
    http://www.dunnesstores.ie/groceryleaflet/

Also there is an offer on with their latest vouchers which came in the post this week where you can get 8 euro off with the voucher if you spend 40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Yup still on in Blanchardstown SC as of today. Piles of Guinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Phoenix wrote: »
    Is the 8 cans of Guinness for €10 deal still on?
    24 cans of Guinness for €24 in Dunnes
    24 cans of Guinness in Tesco €30 0r a pack of 8 €10

Going until November 20th by the looks of the booklet.

casio4 wrote: »
    24 cans of Guinness for €24 in Dunnes
    24 cans of Guinness in Tesco €30 0r a pack of 8 €10

I was in Tesco today and it looks as if they have belatedly cut their prices to compete with Dunnes. They have cut Guinness and all others to €24 excluding Heineken which stays at €30. However, they are selling 2x20 330ml bottle boxes for €30 as well which works out better.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭grange mac

Is there any deals on cans of Murphys in either shops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

However, they are selling 2x20 330ml bottle boxes for €30 as well which works out better.
    Its not a better deal. Cans work out at 2 euro per litre. Bottles work out as 2.27 per litre

TheChevron wrote: »
    Its not a better deal. Cans work out at 2 euro per litre. Bottles work out as 2.27 per litre

My apologies. Your right.

grange mac wrote: »
    Is there any deals on cans of Murphys in either shops

6 for a tenner in Tesco. Not really a great deal though....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

6 for a tenner in Tesco. Not really a great deal though....

That's rather cheap, Cans of Murphys have always been quite expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

They are €30 a slab.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

Miller are €20 for 24 in Tesco Longford anyway, pretty good considering Heiniken is 34 for €30.

Hopefully this wasn't written above!

(Also specific to Longford but pay €1 for parking and get €2 off, the parking ticket doesn't need to be from that day, I keep mine from whenever I need to pay for parking and it works fine when you use it at times when parking is free....so got 24 cans for €18 on sat night :D or even pay €1 for a parking ticket when it's not required and you'll get €2 off).

Dunnes have a 2 slab allowance on trays I wanted to get 3 slabs of guinness today but could only get 2 :(

Dunnes have a 2 slab allowance on trays I wanted to get 3 slabs of guinness today but could only get 2 :(

Which means you go out to the car and pack that 2 away then go back in to a different check out person and hey presto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Superquinn doing 3 x 8 500ml cans (i.e. the fridge packs) for 24 euro.

guinness, carlsberg, heineken, bud ... maybe a couple others like coors.

Also get 20euro off orders over 80 euro with code sq12td6

So, with code, 122 tins for 100 euro.

I just availed of it 5 mins ago. Opted for delivery for 4euro too though as I don't fancy carrying all that in from the car :pac:

Superquinn doing 3 x 8 500ml cans (i.e. the fridge packs) for 24 euro.

guinness, carlsberg, heineken, bud ... maybe a couple others like coors.

Also get 20euro off orders over 80 euro with code sq12td6

So, with code, 122 tins for 100 euro.

I just availed of it 5 mins ago. Opted for delivery for 4euro too though as I don't fancy carrying all that in from the car :pac:

Any Bulmers on that offer?

vicwatson wrote: »
    Which means you go out to the car and pack that 2 away then go back in to a different check out person and hey presto
    there was only one fella on checkout in the off licence and the same a couple of days ago :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
    M

there was only one fella on checkout in the off licence and the same a couple of days ago :rolleyes:

Can you not go to one of the grocery checkouts with them?

Advertisement