Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€24 slabs of Bud, Carlsberg, Miller and Guinness in Dunnes

Options
  • 15-10-2012 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭

From Wednesday the 17th-30th. Time to stock up for Xmas!! Guinness at €1 a pop is particularly good. Plus Dunnes are doing a €5 voucher per €50 spent for their Christmas loyalty card mailing until the 27th.

Other offers include slabs of Heineken and Coors Light at €30 and €24 for 18 cans of Bulmers.

They are also doing a 5 for a tenner world beer offering, too many to list here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Phoenix wrote: »
    Is it the 500ml can of guinness?

Yeah. The 24 can slabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭lotsofthegreen

Plus spend 50 get 5 euro voucherback on ur valueclub mailing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone know the BB date on the Guinness?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Does anyone know if €24 for 24 cans of 50cl is the lowest these trays will fall too? Even coming up to Christmas?

livEwirE wrote: »
    Does anyone know if €24 for 24 cans of 50cl is the lowest these trays will fall too? Even coming up to Christmas?

I have never seen the slabs for Guinness to go below €1 a can. I remember I got 4 of them last Christmas for that price in Dunnes alright. In previous years I paid €30 and €27 a slab which were the cheapest anywhere at the time.

PS there is guaranteed to be a big excise increase in the budget in the first week of December so this may be one of the last chances to get them at €1 a pop.

I've yet to see the 50cl cans of Heineken, Guinness etc go below €1.00 a can.

24 for €24.00 is the best deal I've seen.

Hope Tesco do it before chirstmas - they always have a far better range at the 24 for 24

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone know the BB date on the Guinness?

You'll have to check instore yourself but this is not short dated stock. I am sure they will be good through the first half of 2013. I'll be checking myself Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Woo, nice one OP.

Cans at my gaff lads :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Woo, nice one OP.

Cans at my gaff lads :pac:

Brilliant now what's your address again???? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

kn wrote: »
    I have never seen the slabs for Guinness to go below €1 a can.
    vicwatson wrote: »
    I've yet to see the 50cl cans of Heineken, Guinness etc go below €1.00 a can.
    +1, guinness is rare enough to see on offer, and far rarer to see at €24 than say heineken.

Beamish was €6 for 6x500ml last saturday in lidl, it might come up again, it was one day only.

et101 wrote: »
    Brilliant now what's your address again???? ;)

It's 123, Fake Street :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

From Wednesday the 17th-30th. Time to stock up for Xmas!! Guinness at €1 a pop is particularly good. Plus Dunnes are doing a €5 voucher per €50 spent for their Christmas loyalty card mailing until the 27th.

Other offers include slabs of Heineken and Coors Light at €30 and €24 for 18 cans of Bulmers.

They are also doing a 5 for a tenner world beer offering, too many to list here.

You beauty!!!!

It's 123, Fake Street :p

That's not your address. I know your REAL address in Limerick, its 666 Stabbers Street, Limerick........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

PS there is guaranteed to be a big excise increase in the budget in the first week of December so this may be one of the last chances to get them at €1 a pop.

Is this true:eek:

Is this true:eek:

They have to raise €1.25billion in taxes. They are committed to not raising Income Tax or Corporation Tax, and after increasing VAT to 23% last year they said there would be no more increases in VAT. That leaves Excises Duties as the sole major tax head that they have given no commitments on and Michael Noonan has already indicated that excise duties will get a hammering. Increases in alcohol excises will be done under the cover of curbing drinking etc.

That's not your address. I know your REAL address in Limerick, its 666 Stabbers Street, Limerick........:D

Are you familiar with Stabbers street? It's right beside stab lane where all those people got shot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭patch

The Guinness was on sale for that price today in dunnes, briar hill,Galway.
    Start your engines!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

If they break the € barrier, it'll be a first.

PS I just checked the terms and conditions on their website and drink is not excluded from the extra loyalty christmas points scheme. So if you buy €100 of drink (four slabs are €96) you will get €10 in vouchers in the christmas mailing. So that can work out at a net circa 90c a can......better than a kick in the teeth I guess.......

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

ho ho boy. Up yours Shorthall!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

What time do they start selling beer in tesco? Would ya need to be in early to pick up a crate or 3?

ronan45 wrote: »
    What time do they start selling beer in tesco? Would ya need to be in early to pick up a crate or 3?

The same as every other supermarket in Ireland - 10.30.

P.s. have a read of the thread title. Offer is Dunnes not Tesco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 chemgirl

Before everyone rushes out to buy their drink the offer doesnt start until tomorrow (17th of October)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,434 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

has anyone ever noticed that 5 years ago these would all be sold out but nowadays they are rarely sold out because people don';t have the cash to bulk buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

ronan45 wrote: »
    These are the legal hours they are permitted to sell
    · 10:30am to 10pm Monday to Saturday
    · 12:30 to 10pm Sunday

This does not mean they have to sell at that time. I often see the offie section in my tesco closed off before 10pm, probably to allow time for people to continue shopping and pay 20mins later or so.

Heineken usually sells out in my local tesco when on offer, not sure about dunnes. The guinness is usually last to sell out in my tesco, but coming closer to christmas it will probably sell better.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Great spot OP.

Could be the last of the €1 a can in this country, I fear the worst in December, will have to check the recommended load capacity for the car, think she should take 10 crates before any major stability problems, will keep me merry for the miserable months after the budget :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭johnwest288

Great spot OP.

Could be the last of the €1 a can in this country, I fear the worst in December, will have to check the recommended load capacity for the car, think she should take 10 crates before any major stability problems, will keep me merry for the miserable months after the budget :D.

AHhh heahhh leave ir outttt, are you one of them. "ill take more than my fair share" kinda guys:pac::cool: Ill see you coming out with the pallet truck load i guess and none for me!:rolleyes:

Advertisement