Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th Year Holidays 2013!

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

mossy95 wrote: »
    Is there anyone going Zante?

Cant wait going Zante 29th June for 10 days gona unreal!
    Laganas?

Nice, if more than a bit mad ... though I doubt if ye'll mind that! :pac:

Be warned that it could be hitting into the 30s Celsius there at that time of year, high factor sun protection an absolute essential even if you're only strolling round the resort rather than actually lying out in the sun. The Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer look is not an especially good one when it comes to pulling! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Whats the earliest one can book a really cheap holiday? Like say I wanna go abroad next february 2014, could I get a dirt cheap price?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 tommullane

Off to tenerife for a week in july with about 20 other lads. Any idea of a good hotel? thinking oro blanco in Playa de las Americas the boys from last year said its a good area

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Whats the earliest one can book a really cheap holiday? Like say I wanna go abroad next february 2014, could I get a dirt cheap price?

I reckon for you it'll be around June when they reveal the flights. When I checked for holidays in September for this July there weren't any, they probably were announced around November so it'll be a similar enough time frame for you guess. They probably will be cheap enough too :D

kingcobra wrote: »
    I reckon for you it'll be around June when they reveal the flights. When I checked for holidays in September for this July there weren't any, they probably were announced around November so it'll be a similar enough time frame for you guess. They probably will be cheap enough too :D

Sound man, what website would you recommend?

• Advertisement

Sound man, what website would you recommend?

Ryanair.ie :P Ah I'm joking, I don't really know as I booked mine through a travel agents, although I did keep an eye on the prices of flights. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned www.alpharooms.com which looks pretty cheap yet decent. Use www.tripadvisor.com for reviews of apartments and it also compares flight prices of different airlines :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 chikatita

booking flights for majorca this week but planning on leaving booking accomodation to a later date, is this a good idea?

chikatita wrote: »
    booking flights for majorca this week but planning on leaving booking accomodation to a later date, is this a good idea?

Yeah you're pretty much guaranteed to get accommodation anywhere in Majorca even if you book it the day before

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nintomdo94

I'm going to try convince the group of friends to go somewhere awesome, anyone recommend a cool place that will have a good vibe? :)

Nintomdo94 wrote: »
    I'm going to try convince the group of friends to go somewhere awesome, anyone recommend a cool place that will have a good vibe? :)
    Amsterdam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Amsterdam

:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Nintomdo94

Amsterdam

Hahaha, I'm going to actually ask them.... no wait force them to go there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 taraelizabeth

Has anyone travelled with lowcostholidays.ie before, prices are dirt cheap im just wondering is it too good to be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 madden931

Going to Magaluf 19-29 of July, Any1 know of any cheap Accommodation??

Does anyone know if we should pre-book tickets for concerts a month or two in advance in Majorca or can we still get them, possibly cheaper, when we arrive there?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

kingcobra wrote: »
    Does anyone know if we should pre-book tickets for concerts a month or two in advance in Majorca or can we still get them, possibly cheaper, when we arrive there?

if you are thinking of going bcm then I would book in advance :P

user.name wrote: »
    if you are thinking of going bcm then I would book in advance :P

Ah crap, I thought that'd be the one place in which I'd be able to get tickets in Mallorca :pac: I was thinking more about the Mallorca Rocks hotel but sure surely we'll find tickets somewhere when we're up there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 The Man They Couldnt

I was in Santa Ponsa from the 14th of July to the 24th, best 10 days of my life. The place has a bad name but I so no sign of trouble, everybody was friendly and out to have a good time, I'd recommend it to anyone. Went to BCM to see Calvin Harris which was insane until i realised my new phone got pick-pocketed. We went back to Magaluf again another night but I much prefer Santa Ponsa although drink is 10 times cheaper in Maga.

I was in Santa Ponsa from the 14th of July to the 24th, best 10 days of my life. The place has a bad name but I so no sign of trouble, everybody was friendly and out to have a good time, I'd recommend it to anyone. Went to BCM to see Calvin Harris which was insane until i realised my new phone got pick-pocketed. We went back to Magaluf again another night but I much prefer Santa Ponsa although drink is 10 times cheaper in Maga.

Everyone is Ponsa is so friendly! To be honest I'd nearly pick Ponsa over Magaluf although you don't have a great choice of nightclubs in Ponsa. But then again, Magaluf is filled with tonnes of clubs with barely any people in them, BCM is really the only main one there...it's better craic out on the street in Magaluf!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 richiemcs

Hey, I'm booking my LC holiday for next year but just wondering do ryanair even fly to palma airport or is aer lingus the only option? Flights are adding up to 300 at the moment so i'm trying to see if there's any cheaper ways of getting there, any suggestions would be appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

richiemcs wrote: »
    Hey, I'm booking my LC holiday for next year but just wondering do ryanair even fly to palma airport or is aer lingus the only option? Flights are adding up to 300 at the moment so i'm trying to see if there's any cheaper ways of getting there, any suggestions would be appreciated

You can fly from any of the airports in UK to Palma with Ryanair. It'll add another €30 for a return flight to UK depending on the price and how lucky you are. I don't know how much it would be from UK to Palma so it's worth looking into.

Also, check with holiday companies. They might fly into Palma from Dublin during the holiday season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 chikatita

i went with ryanair to palma in july

Yep Ryanair fly to Palma. As far as I can remember my flights were around €420 including baggage which was fairly steep. €300 is pretty good though.

420 with ryanair??!! You sure? that doesn't seem right, surely they'd be much cheaper than aer lingus?

420 with ryanair??!! You sure? that doesn't seem right, surely they'd be much cheaper than aer lingus?

Yep I'm certain it was, including baggage now, but it was expensive enough alright.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Where there is high demand Ryanair will charge right up there and then some.
    Looking at prices now for June 2014, Aer Lingus are still about 300, depending on what dates you want to go.

It's one of Ryanair's great advertising coups that people think they are always cheapest.

spurious wrote: »
    Where there is high demand Ryanair will charge right up there and then some.
    Looking at prices now for June 2014, Aer Lingus are still about 300, depending on what dates you want to go.

It's one of Ryanair's great advertising coups that people think they are always cheapest.

Yeah i'm just gonna have to hope that most people book with aer lingus so there isnt as much demand for ryanair

Advertisement