Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th Year Holidays 2013!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 scraic man

Hey.
    Me and 3 friends just booked san antonio in ibiza for 270 euro each,(flights and accomadation)not to bad like. Was there last year, savage place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

scraic man wrote: »
    Hey.
    Me and 3 friends just booked san antonio in ibiza for 270 euro each,(flights and accomadation)not to bad like. Was there last year, savage place.

Seems cheap enough, dates? For how long? Is that flights and accom? etc... Details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Hey.

Thats deadly can I have a link I want this deal too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 scraic man

Booked it alll seperate.
    20th of june for a week. (ag science that morning bt flights not til 8 that evening)
    Accomadtion... http://www.lowcostholidays.ie/bookingsummarynew.aspx
    some reviews wernt great bt for the price it is I dont really care, Be grand.. Im sure some were just real stuck up.
    And flights with air lingus( no check in luggage) only 180 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 chikatita

any thoughts on gran canaria anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Elceeney

Don't see the appeal in places like Magaluf, sure it'd be fun for a day or two but in reality how fun is a week of getting constantly extremely drunk, I mean can't you do that in Ireland?

OT: I think I'm gonna go to France with a mate who owns a holiday home there. About 10 of us going and someone will be driving so there will be a mix of things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Staycation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

I'm going to Liverpool with my 2 friends staying in Liverpool for a week then in London for another week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Jijsaw wrote: »
    I'm going to Liverpool with my 2 friends staying in Liverpool for a week then in London for another week :)

That's......odd. Enjoy though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

TheStook wrote: »

That's......odd. Enjoy though

:P I did the whole Spain/France/German/Portugal thing when I was 15/16. Plus.I'm a huge Beatles fan and lastly I'm broke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭afc4life

Well lads good luck in the aul LC, I was in the same boat last year. Anyway after the LC last year me and my group of friends went to Magaluf, had an absolute ball! It was ****ing class seriously.

If yer trying to decide on Santa Ponsa or Magaluf, 100% go to Magaluf. We were in Magaluf for 6 of the nights, where we stayed like, and went to Santa Ponsa one night. By far Magaluf is way better, Santa Ponsa has two nightclubs while Maga has several. The strip for Santa Ponsa is a quarter of what Maga is.

Santa Ponsa is full of Irish Magaluf is full of English but people seem to be worried of all the English In Magaluf, from my experience anyway the English loved us for some reason. They all were friendly to us and said that they loved out accents, just dont go looking for trouble and you'll be fine. I was the same beforehand worrying if the English would be ***** and I was happily suprised on how sound they were. Hell, we even started a 'come on you boys in green' chant one night on the strip, got a few dirty looks and was cursed at but that was it.

Id recommend a hotel in Magaluf called the 'sotaventa' not too dear and it is class, pool parties all day and this pub crawl called 'carnage' starts there every second night which is also great craic. Someone said before here the 'florida' was a great place to eat and I totally agree with it great prices for food. Magaluf has BCM also which is a must for at least one night lads.

In my opinion and experience Magaluf is the way to go, If you want like we did go to Santa Ponsa for one night to switch things up, but by far Magaluf is way better.
    Hoped this helped lads. Sorry if it was hard to read btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

I'm booking Club Vista in Santa Ponsa tomorrow for €650. Feckin' loada money but we never should have left it this late as the flight prices are rocketing up. I don't really care too much about the price now anyway, I'm just looking forward to an unreal summer!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 deniseosull89

chikatita wrote: »
    any thoughts on gran canaria anyone?
    Don't Go near it :( .. Went last year ... Its more Germans,Italians and such! Nothing against them but ,were a bit stuck up .. Literally met no Irish or English ppl there :( .. It was a very strange place being honest :/ - playa de ingles! Just my opinion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Going to magaluf for a week with 6 others. On June 24 for a week. Looks like its gona be mad craic! Have an apartment rented out between us and booked early so we got good deals.

There better be some decent acts playing in Magaluf when I'm there! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 chikatita

Is there any way me and 3 friends would get to book either magaluf or santa ponsa for less than €500, flights and accommodation? We were planning on booking it next week, we didn't realise flights would get so expensive already.

Is there any way me and 3 friends would get to book either magaluf or santa ponsa for less than €500, flights and accommodation? We were planning on booking it next week, we didn't realise flights would get so expensive already.
    Defo if U book eveything seperately & book soon!
    Skyscanner have flight 193 return and accomodation is rarely over 100 per person for a week!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 forever__young

I'm going to Tenerife with a big gang of girls... Any recommendation? 

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

try lowcostholidays.ie they do really good deals :)

I'm going to Tenerife with a big gang of girls... Any recommendation? 
    Tenerife is Very good :) .. Veronicas strip :D .. And the weathers amazing & Siam Park!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 forever__young

Tenerife is Very good :) .. Veronicas strip :D .. And the weathers amazing & Siam Park!! :D

what's the night life like? Is there usually Irish and English?

what's the night life like? Is there usually Irish and English?
    Its been a few yrs since I was there but it was Brill!! Its not all party party,got the perf balance :) .. Its a mix really,I thought there was more Irish then English tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Defo if U book eveything seperately & book soon!
    Skyscanner have flight 193 return and accomodation is rarely over 100 per person for a week!!

What dates did you put in? June/July dates seem to be at cheapest around 250 for 10 hour with stop offs in other countries flights(without 'extra charges')

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Fiona..!

kingcobra wrote: »
    Interesting in a good way! :D It's something different and anywhere you go would be class craic! There's bound to be loads of others there, last summer we went to a totally non-party area, kinda just for a family but in the end we met loads of other young people and there was plenty of clubs to go to to, it was unreal!
    Yeah Magaluf sounds like the place to go for most people, from those I've talked to anyway

what was the name of the apartments ye stayed in? :) we booked flights, but can't find suitable accomodation! :)

Fiona..! wrote: »
    what was the name of the apartments ye stayed in? :) we booked flights, but can't find suitable accomodation! :)

It wasn't Majorca we went to last year. We stayed in a friend's holiday home in Girona, near Barcelona, which isn't renowned for being a party area, although there were still clubs and loads of craic going on so you'll have an unreal time regardless of where to go to. This year in Santa Ponsa I'm staying in Club Vista apartments which seem pretty decent

• Registered Users Posts: 43 AndrewHoey2012

mallorca rocks in magaluf, thats where the party is really at c-a-r-n-a-g-e june 24th-july5th

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

Is there anyone going Zante?

Cant wait going Zante 29th June for 10 days gona unreal!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Catherine12345

Hey.

What did you book it off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sunny.d

TheStook wrote: »
    We're going Ponsa the day after the Leavings finished, 22nd to the 1st, I think..

Theres 8 of us and about 30 from my school all staying in the hotel, which I'm not too happy about, who wants to be hanging around with the same people on holiday?

We're staying in some ****hole hotel called Deya or something, Cant wait for it though!
    Deya are not the best , never stayed there myself but from what I've heard from friends is find a good hiding place for your money whilst your out of your room/apt and the staff are crap people all together , so ignore them and finally the staff barge into the rooms at stupid o clock to check if there's anyone in the rooms that shouldn't be , if there is they'll be kicked out regardless what they're wearing (or not wearing) .
    Besides all that enjoy !! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭RabbitHearted

were not doing the traditional sun holiday/whatever but we just got tickets for T in the Park :D thursday-sunday
    ridiculously excited :D

Advertisement