Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6th Year Holidays 2013!

Options
  • 14-10-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭

This Leaving Cert is killing me already so I thought about taking a nice break from study and start thinking about the holidays next year. :D
    A group of us are hoping to go somewhere in Spain next year, obviously towards the party destinations (Magaluf, Santa Ponsa, Ibiza etc.) but its a big stuggle in choosing which place is best to go to! As usual there's pro's and cons with each place which just makes it tougher!
    Other than that, would there be much of a struggle to get decent accommodation and when is the best time to go? From what I've been told, most people are hoping to head out there at the end of June but we'll have loads of after-Leaving Cert events on around then that we wouldn't want to miss! Mid-July and end-July is probably a no-go for us due to grads and sporting committments. Last year a few of us wen to Spain, although it was outside Barcelona, at the start of August (before the results come out and CAO offers) and that worked out absolutely perfectly so that'd be an ideal date, however will there still be much craic around Majorca at that time of year?
    We've a fair idea about day-to-day costs and stuff like that from last years holiday so that isn't too much of a worry!
    Thanks for any advice! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭kingcobra

Is there anyone at all going this year? :confused: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

I'm in the same boat! Santa ponsa is were the irish go, but magaluf has better nightclubs but all the english go there :( so its hard to pick :) hoping to go end of June too!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

i'm going to crete!

i'm going to crete!
    Hmmm Crete sounds interesting!
    I'd say I'll be favouring Santa Ponsa now seeing as there's mainly Irish people there and only a 20minute drive from Magaluf, where the best clubs are apparently! I certainly wouldn't want to be getting into trouble with some of the English folk!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

kingcobra wrote: »
    Hmmm Crete sounds interesting!
    I'd say I'll be favouring Santa Ponsa now seeing as there's mainly Irish people there and only a 20minute drive from Magaluf, where the best clubs are apparently! I certainly wouldn't want to be getting into trouble with some of the English folk!

good interesting or bad interesting? Do you know where most schools are going this year?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

Magaluf :) We went there last year, Santa Ponsa is a Ghost Town compared to it. Full of English? Yes! Trouble? No? We were there during the Euros too, plenty of banter between the fans. Nightclubs are brilliant, BCM is the big one, we went there on the last night (Deadmau5) It was brilliant, better than when we seen him the previous week in the RDS. Other nights we did the MCP (Magaluf Club Pass) ; €18 - Free tee, free admission in to 5 clubs (rarely made the 5th :D) and free drink all night! There's a water park nearby too. The beach is perfect. Food? Cheap as! Florida is the place! Full Irish for €3-€5 depending on what you want, dinners like chicken curry, lasagne, chicken skewers, etc.. €5-€8. No complaints. Bring me with ya? :)

good interesting or bad interesting? Do you know where most schools are going this year?
    Interesting in a good way! :D It's something different and anywhere you go would be class craic! There's bound to be loads of others there, last summer we went to a totally non-party area, kinda just for a family but in the end we met loads of other young people and there was plenty of clubs to go to to, it was unreal!
    Yeah Magaluf sounds like the place to go for most people, from those I've talked to anyway

audman wrote: »
    Magaluf :) We went there last year, Santa Ponsa is a Ghost Town compared to it. Full of English? Yes! Trouble? No? We were there during the Euros too, plenty of banter between the fans. Nightclubs are brilliant, BCM is the big one, we went there on the last night (Deadmau5) It was brilliant, better than when we seen him the previous week in the RDS. Other nights we did the MCP (Magaluf Club Pass) ; €18 - Free tee, free admission in to 5 clubs (rarely made the 5th :D) and free drink all night! There's a water park nearby too. The beach is perfect. Food? Cheap as! Florida is the place! Full Irish for €3-€5 depending on what you want, dinners like chicken curry, lasagne, chicken skewers, etc.. €5-€8. No complaints. Bring me with ya? :)

I think you've won me over to Magaluf...it's sounds class! Yeah you can come with us, be our tour guide :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

Anyone found any good deals? Best I've found so far is a deal for €493 per person for two weeks with flights included. That's for a six person apartment just outside sonta ponsa.

daz801 wrote: »
    Anyone found any good deals? Best I've found so far is a deal for €493 per person for two weeks with flights included. That's for a six person apartment just outside sonta ponsa.

Thats really good value. The best i can find is about 600-625 euros and thats only for a week, although i didnt look too hard!

• Advertisement

Thats really good value. The best i can find is about 600-625 euros and thats only for a week, although i didnt look too hard!

Alpharooms.com seem to have the best deals I've come across so far

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shawnanana

Right has anyone else been thinking about their holiday after the LC? :) Where are people thinking of going? And good sites to book from? I've heard alpharooms and lowcost holidays are the cheapest?!
    Also has anyone else thought about maybe going to Oxygen instead of going abroad? (just a thought)

shawnanana wrote: »
    Right has anyone else been thinking about their holiday after the LC? :) Where are people thinking of going? And good sites to book from? I've heard alpharooms and lowcost holidays are the cheapest?!
    Also has anyone else thought about maybe going to Oxygen instead of going abroad? (just a thought)

I'd definitely pick a week long holiday abroad over Oxegen. Don't get me wrong, Oxegen would be lethal but going somewhere like Magaluf would definitely better it for me. It's rare that you see the sun and quality beaches here in Ireland and you can get some top quality artists as well such as Calvin Harris Harris as well as many others. I hoping to squeeze in both holidays abroad and Oxegen but we have to see out it works out money-wise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 evantwomey94

Santa ponsa the day we get the results is the best :L

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭CrashBandicoot Girl

Most people Ive spoke to are going to Magaluf, Im going to Heineken Open'er Festival in Poland. Booked everything now, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'm really hoping my (rich) uncle will bring me to Spain or the south of France... would love it

Santa ponsa between 19th-29th. Any other boardsies going?

daz801 wrote: »
    Santa ponsa between 19th-29th. Any other boardsies going?

I'd say I'd be heading out there just as your leaving:p

I'd say I'd be heading out there just as your leaving:p
    Haha I'll scope the place out and leave a report on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

We're going Ponsa the day after the Leavings finished, 22nd to the 1st, I think..

Theres 8 of us and about 30 from my school all staying in the hotel, which I'm not too happy about, who wants to be hanging around with the same people on holiday?

We're staying in some ****hole hotel called Deya or something, Cant wait for it though!

• Advertisement

TheStook wrote: »
    We're going Ponsa the day after the Leavings finished, 22nd to the 1st, I think..

Theres 8 of us and about 30 from my school all staying in the hotel, which I'm not too happy about, who wants to be hanging around with the same people on holiday?

We're staying in some ****hole hotel called Deya or something, Cant wait for it though!

We could be heading Deya too but some of the reviews are complete crap :pac:

As anyone found any good packages for hotels, like free club pass with accommodation etc.?

We could be heading Deya too but some of the reviews are complete crap :pac:

As anyone found any good packages for hotels, like free club pass with accommodation etc.?

The reviews are shocking alright but that's what you pay for in fairness..Its cheap as fcuk. We have the Superior rooms so shouldnt be too bad

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Tenerife for 18-25 July! So excited!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Tomorrowland :cool:

Methememb wrote: »
    Tomorrowland :cool:

How you gonna get tickets? They sell out extremely fast, I might try go myself, one of the lads who isn't coming Ponsa with us wants to go Tomorrowland and I have extra funds so who knows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Me and the lads will all be online trying to buy 4. Hopefully 1 of us will get them

Methememb wrote: »
    Me and the lads will all be online trying to buy 4. Hopefully 1 of us will get them

What if all of yee get them and you end up with 16 hahaha

Give me a shout if that happens ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Cornetto

Booked a holiday 9 days in Playa Del Ingles at the end of June. Staying in the Corona Roja apartments, anyone going/been there before? What's it like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 chikatita

anyone in magaluf early august? :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 MrCraigButler

Santa Ponsa booked from the 17th-28th July for 550 euro , 20 mins from Magaluf and BCM !

Advertisement