Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scammers on Donedeal

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

I had a laugh too writing it. Aye, il post up any more emails I get. Any suggestions on what I could say to him next? Word of warning though, it will have to impress keith16...

Tell him you had it all wrapped up and left in post office for collection but the phone rang and Bridie in the post office thought it might be important so she opened it and answered it, it was your mammy she is phoning again so Bridie brought the phone to you.
    When mammy phones back you will head back to the post office to post it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Jaysus:eek:

Huston gets around doesn't he?
    And by the looks of things he has been doing this for quite a while:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭apache

Schrodinger pure legend. Pure legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

You got post of the day OP :D

Funniest thing Ive read in a while...well done!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Hats off SchrodingersCat, that OP has made my day.

Hilarious !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I nearly wet myself laughing at this. Well done:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I nearly wet myself laughing at this. Well done:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Ask him is he any relation to this Nigerian Prince fella who wants to give me 20million quid and sure if he does know him why can't he buy him an Iphone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Thinly veiled 'i have an iPhone' thread

Absolutely brilliant...really chuckled reading your post :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭GaughMan

Definitely the most entertaining five minutes of my life reading that!Brilliant!Haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

keith16 wrote: »
    What's your point OP?

There seems to be a cautionary scam tale buried somewhere in the bilious fumes of self-congratulatory clever-cleverness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

This really is brilliant!! :)

Speaking of people of that Nationality, a courier dropped a parcel to my Dad's house for me a few weeks ago as I wasn't home. Asked my Dad for a tenner for diesel as he had none to get home!!
    Did you ever hear such s**t?!

Gee_G wrote: »

Speaking of people of that Nationality, a courier dropped a parcel to my Dad's house for me a few weeks ago as I wasn't home. Asked my Dad for a tenner for diesel as he had none to get home!!

You must be joking?:eek:

Did you report that to the courier company?

Bloody cheek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Smidge wrote: »
    Gee_G wrote: »

You must be joking?:eek:

Did you report that to the courier company?

Bloody cheek
    No, I meant to and actually forgot about it until I was reading this :) he obviously seen the big house, an older man and thought he'd chance his arm, the F**ker!!
    Little did he know that my dad's a retired detective and has been around the block a few times ;)

I must actually find out who the company was and call them, some elderly people wouLd probably think "ah the poor divil" and give it....and him with a Tank full of diesel and a company diesel card no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

token101 wrote: »
    Did you search the name on Facebook? The Adayemi one? Almost definitely a fake, but a lot of scammers aren't very bright. If you happen to find a guy that looks like it matches the location and name, make a fake profile with Huston Kelly and add him. Only if you're bored like.

Im thought that the name "Adayemi O....y" might be a pretty common name in Nigeria, like Patrick kelly or something here. So I wouldnt like it to end up being a case of mistaken identity.
    Hi SchrodingersCat, just to let you know that i am still waiting on my new iphone, angry birds are waiting for me!!!!

Ya messer, my heart jumped when I saw the username.
    Ah shure Nigerian scammmers
    Great bunch of lads:D
    Although in fairness there are some amount of scammers on Donedeal now(not just the Nigerians boyos)

Too right, I just feel sorry for the people that end up falling for it on Donedeal.
    Better yet send a package about the size it should be if it were the phone, put dog poop or something just as awful in a box.
    Get the box and use an entire roll of sellotape on it, parcel it up and post it to the address he gave you.

Just for the craic:D

I would, but im afraid that he might end up not responding to me once he thinks its on its way. I was thinking of posting him a weetabix or something but it would mean having to fork out on postage.
    Why are you scamming the poor Nigerian? OP Play nice.
    He started it :-P
    bgrizzley wrote: »
    email him a pic of an iphone beside his address label. then tell him you are stuck for E2.30 to post it and get him to paypal it to you. you can return it after "Paypal" clears.

I might actually try this.
    Prick! wrote: »

Thats nuts, good job finding this. If he is at this craic for two years he must catch a few people out and there must be good money in it for him.
    Tell him you had it all wrapped up and left in post office for collection but the phone rang and Bridie in the post office thought it might be important so she opened it and answered it, it was your mammy she is phoning again so Bridie brought the phone to you.
    When mammy phones back you will head back to the post office to post it again.

This is brilliant. I will use this in the next email if he responds to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

OP wins the whole internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

I love taking the piss out of scammers especially the ones that tell you you've won the Nigerian lottery. Myself and my sister had one of them going for a good week and had made up fake e-mails and all for it. We got bored though after a bit and told him to feck off we knew he was scamming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sicko zero

Give me his full address I got plenty spam to send him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

So some fella tried to scam me on Donedeal.ie. I put up an advert for an iPhone 4S just over a week ago. After just an hour of putting it up, some fella tried to scam me by sending me a spoof payment email from Paypal. After telling that I would contact the Donedeal staff and authorities, I had another scammer contact me. I decided to play along with this one. Il attach the emails to "warn" the rest of you if you are selling something online. If you need his proper address or details il attach it. Its worth knowing that paypal never use an escrow service, and even if you get an email off "paypal" informing of payment, its worth logging into the paypal to confirm payment first.

Really :eek:

• Advertisement

Im thought that the name "Adayemi O....y" might be a pretty common name in Nigeria, like Patrick kelly or something here. So I wouldnt like it to end up being a case of mistaken identity.

Ya messer, my heart jumped when I saw the username.

Too right, I just feel sorry for the people that end up falling for it on Donedeal.

I would, but im afraid that he might end up not responding to me once he thinks its on its way. I was thinking of posting him a weetabix or something but it would mean having to fork out on postage.

He started it :-P

Thats nuts, good job finding this. If he is at this craic for two years he must catch a few people out and there must be good money in it for him.

This is brilliant. I will use this in the next email if he responds to me.

In the link put up it looks like he has been at this since 2006:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 vichoro

Brilliant.... Just what i needed a good laugh before hitting the hay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

I work with a Filipino kitchen porter, these poor lads are not very Internet savvy at all,
    On Thursday one of them got a phone call from his brother,after a stressy chat he gave his brother his CC number over the phone...the brother had went onto the net, banner pops up from the cyber police notifying them of illegal sites visited and says the fine can be paid now $100 or it gets sent to local police who would investigate..... Before I had a chance to tell them it was ridiculous the brother had already entered the details..... And paid the fine.

There are still so many idiots out there falling for these scams, I wouldnt even gratify that by calling it a scam though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

might be an idea, because after he sends you the money(and you email him the postal receipt), i suspect that the package may get lost and you may have to get him to fill an insurance claim for An Post. from what i hear they charge a E10 fee for filing the insurance claim.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Thanks for the Laugh OP, reminds me of years ago when I went to Gran Canaria and the Lucky-Lucky guys from Nigeria selling the fake watches and gold chains were always fair game for p!ss take.

Keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

The greatest scam baiter story is here, trust me well worth a listen

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/363/enforcers (hanging in chad)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It's not scammers on donedeal. It's scammers contacting you in relation to your ad on Donedeal!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meangene

This scam is still going on, just got the exact scam attempted on me by a Broader Declan, scammer knack bags

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sue_1512

did the name Adeyemi O*****n not sound warning bells with you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Mr. McGreg

Best thing I've read all week, great post OP, the bit about Kelly and the springer spaniel cracked me up :pac:

Advertisement